BFTG Ipswich

100 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

BFTG Ipswich

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2019 17:58

Pleased to get the win. Followed the exact same pattern as last week, dominate the first half, let them come into it second half, concede a late goal. But this time Barrow looked like a footballer and finished it off rather than tamely passing it to the goalie. Nice finish it was though in fairness

Martinez 9 - some fantastic saves out there, especially the one that came off Yiadom?

Yiadom 7 - played well first half, died down a bit in the second
Moore 7 - solid
Miazga 7 - assured and confident in the first half, dealt with the onslaught well at the end apart from the free header for Chambers
Blackett 8 - best player on the pitch in the first half, needs to close down the cross quicker at the end though

Baker 7 - quiet but effective
Ejaria 6 - ran the show first half, poor second half and should have done better for their goal
Swift 6 - same as Ejaria

McCleary 8 - looking a lot sharper
Meite 7 - much better today, dangerous coming in off the right
Oliveira 8 - what it feels like to have a decent striker

Barrow 7 - at fault for their goal but completely redeems himself

Ipswich - a really poor team but with lots of character and quite possibly should have nicked a point at the end. Can see why they're rarely heavily beaten though

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Ipswich

by Hound » 02 Mar 2019 18:22

Got atmosphere Urzzzz? Crowd looked good

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Mar 2019 19:03

Over the 90 minutes. Did we look like a team that could compete agaiinst the better teams in the league?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Mar 2019 20:14

Lower West Over the 90 minutes. Did we look like a team that could compete agaiinst the better teams in the league?

Not really no. The above summary is pretty accurate. On top first half, should have gone in two up really. Ipswich came out fired up and no surprise on the balance of play that they equalised. Their big lad up front, Edwards caused us a lot of problems second half having been anonymous in the first.

Martinez made three or four wonder saves but his distribution put us in trouble a couple of times. I thought Barrow was an odd sub to make and he was poor before he scored so all is forgiven.

The fans were great today, really got behind the team, crazy scenes when we scored the winner.

My MOM would be the centre back Miazga, if that’s how you spell it. He was excellent. Blackett had a good game, as did McLeary, Yiadom excellent first half, Ejaria very skilful vanished a bit second half.

The downside apart from the Rotherham result was an injury to Oliveira which saw him subbed. Hamstring apparently so that’s likely him out for most of the rest of the season if it’s a bad one.

Ipswich also had a glorious chance in th first half which their player really should have buried but for a good save from Martinez. Great day all round though.

eddiegrundy

by eddiegrundy » 02 Mar 2019 20:44

Norfolk Royal
Lower West Over the 90 minutes. Did we look like a team that could compete agaiinst the better teams in the league?

Not really no. The above summary is pretty accurate. On top first half, should have gone in two up really. Ipswich came out fired up and no surprise on the balance of play that they equalised. Their big lad up front, Edwards caused us a lot of problems second half having been anonymous in the first.

Edwards was anonymous in the first half because he wasn't on the pitch. He was a second half substitute.

Martinez was my MOTM. He made a number of super saves.

eddiegrundy

by eddiegrundy » 02 Mar 2019 20:53

Oliveira came off with a pulled hamstring :-(

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 02 Mar 2019 20:58

Martinez injured in warm up apparently. Played the game though. Will be assessed on Friday.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Mar 2019 21:11

Is there any news on Oliveira?

He looks a proper striker although nearly had a repeat of costing us a goal by losing it in the middle.

Agree with everything in the OP other than I thought Blackett was poor.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 02 Mar 2019 21:17

Jagermesiter1871 Is there any news on Oliveira?

He looks a proper striker although nearly had a repeat of costing us a goal by losing it in the middle.

Agree with everything in the OP other than I thought Blackett was poor.

Haven't seen anything about Nelson yet but do recall the moment he lost the ball in midfield and they nearly scored

Personally think it's harsh regarding Blackett, but it's all about opinions, I thought his ball to McCleary for the first goal was a very clever ball over the top

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 02 Mar 2019 21:19

Well that was a good laugh in the end.
Great day out nearly ruined by the footy once again. Barrow who was pretty awful came up the match winner.
First half we were pretty decent and dominated, however we couldn't get another.
The second half was dreadful and it was inevitable that they would score. if it wasn't for Martinez who made a fantastic save preventing an OG I think we may have gone on and lost

Then Barrow stepped up to the plate ably assisted by Meite.

Carnage in the away ensued :D :D

The fans were in good numbers, voice and spirit this afternoon. Not sure that the Ipswich bumpkins expected that.
There were a few skirmishes here and there and I even saw a couple of Reading fans in the concourse trying to have ago at each other.

One of the better away days for sure. :P

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Mar 2019 21:32

Reading fans having a go at eachother?

Lulz...same old same old, time moves on....folk don’t grow up

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Mar 2019 21:34

AthleticoSpizz Reading fans having a go at eachother?

Lulz...same old same old

Yeah I was struggling with this as a positive concept that constituted a good away day.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 02 Mar 2019 21:46

Just back to Pangers after that god awful journey.....

But happily wearing big bruise on my left thigh, skinned right shin and a purple right thumb - all caused in the pandemonium of bodies in the 90th minute. Haven't enjoyed an away day like that for years.

MotM - Emi. Three world class saves. Swift again looked like the only player on the pitch with time. Ejaria was excellent first half, as was Yiadom. Moore and Miazga were solid, and it's nice to have GMac getting back to his old self.

Clearly the team is together ... which is nice.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Mar 2019 21:47

eddiegrundy
Norfolk Royal

Edwards was anonymous in the first half because he wasn't on the pitch. He was a second half substitute.

Martinez was my MOTM. He made a number of super saves.

Lol, no wonder he was anonymous. Saw a couple of skirmishes between fans after the game. The locals weren’t happy with our yoot taking the piss for sure.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 02 Mar 2019 22:36

Great day out. Martinez was superb. Excellent finish by Barrow. Though Ejaria was superb in the first half.
Second half we sat back too much, which was a worry. Still felt we would hang on before they scored. Then up stepped Mr Barrow.

Total carnage at the end. Hugging folks I will never see again. And although a hell of a journey back, well worth the
day out for the noise and madness at the end from our fans. Absolutely LOVED IT.

Headache. Spent too much. Loved the Gomez love fest on the pitch at the end. Thank you to Barrow for creating
the bedlam in the away end late on.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Mar 2019 00:10

I was on my allotment and at 1-1 my phone died.

Imagine my surprise at coming home at 5 30.

I’m a grown man with all sorts of shit going down but this has made me very happy.

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 03 Mar 2019 00:39

leon I was on my allotment and at 1-1 my phone died.

I’m a grown man with all sorts of shit going down but this has made me very happy.

Almost the same for me. My phone died on my way to my local coffee shop and I was in bad fcuking mood thinking it was 1-1 and then the Besiktas-supporting owner showed me the final score. Gave him a big hug. A GOOD day.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Mar 2019 00:45

Ark Royal
leon I was on my allotment and at 1-1 my phone died.

Almost the same for me. My phone died on my way to my local coffee shop and I was in bad fcuking mood thinking it was 1-1 and then the Besiktas-supporting owner showed me the final score. Gave him a big hug. A GOOD day.

Good feeling eh?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Mar 2019 00:59

My 16 year old son was at his girlfriends revising for his GCSE’s this afternoon. He was fuming when I relayed that Ipswich had equalised and turned his mobile off in disgust. Just before five pm he switched his mobile back in and for some reason his text was in French. Either way he saw the final score and was a happy lad.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 03 Mar 2019 09:34

Zip My 16 year old son was at his girlfriends revising for his GCSE’s this afternoon. He was fuming when I relayed that Ipswich had equalised and turned his mobile off in disgust. Just before five pm he switched his mobile back in and for some reason his text was in French. Either way he saw the final score and was a happy lad.

Are you sure he was revising and was a happy lad because of the score?

100 posts