Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

2100 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: Club 1871 - the What, When, Where, How, Who & Why Thread

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 12:40

muirinho
Old Man Andrews
genome
No proof. Just a gut feeling. Your prose/syntax is very similar and you seem to share similar views.

There are no personal details associated with that account so not sure what you'd be reporting me for, but go ahead :lol:

No that is an account that has said personally offensive things about people with mental health issues and previously accused people of being pedo's etc. As horrible as I am at times I try to keep it about the issues and don't resort to bullying. I can take it as well as I give it but I won't be associated to that account.

Hmm.

Look at this thread for example. It is all about Club 1871. You may not like what I am saying but it is on point. Genome has come in and thrown offensive accusations at me yet you say nothing? Interesting.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 12:42

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome
No proof. Just a gut feeling. Your prose/syntax is very similar and you seem to share similar views.

There are no personal details associated with that account so not sure what you'd be reporting me for, but go ahead :lol:

No that is an account that has said personally offensive things about people with mental health issues and previously accused people of being pedo's etc. As horrible as I am at times I try to keep it about the issues and don't resort to bullying. I can take it as well as I give it but I won't be associated to that account.

I'll take your word for it.

I will concede that there is a comparison to be made with the anti south stand element but the account got really vile and I blocked it after it went after that fella with the mental health issues. I am low but I am not that low.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 13 Mar 2019 13:43

genome
Old Man Andrews
genome
Don't you have enough fun with your Reading FC Truth account?

Wow big accusation to make. Please show proof or I will report you.

What is Genomes Twitter account, OMA? Is it Sam S?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Mar 2019 13:44

The Enfield Royal71
genome
Old Man Andrews Wow big accusation to make. Please show proof or I will report you.

His Twitter account is a concern for him only.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 13 Mar 2019 13:58

Old Man Andrews
The Enfield Royal71
genome

His Twitter account is a concern for him only.

What's your one then? Unless you are one of those trolls accounts....

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 13 Mar 2019 18:03

Taking silence as proof here that OMA is one of the troll accounts, or a CLUB1871 plant to get inside info on here.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 14 Mar 2019 09:36

The Enfield Royal71 Taking silence as proof here that OMA is one of the troll accounts, or a CLUB1871 plant to get inside info on here.

What's your Twitter account DD?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 14 Mar 2019 10:28

LWJ
The Enfield Royal71 Taking silence as proof here that OMA is one of the troll accounts, or a CLUB1871 plant to get inside info on here.

Dont have one m8.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Mar 2019 11:36

LWJ

@OldManAndrea wasn't it?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 14 Mar 2019 11:38

sandman
LWJ

@OldManAndrea wasn't it?

I don't have a personal Twitter account.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Mar 2019 11:44

Anymore.

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 14 Mar 2019 16:31

Never m9.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 19 Mar 2019 13:35

Hendo
LWJ
Old Man Andrews
Yes but it hasn't done that. The figures don't lie.

Takes time for these things to build. If we weren't so inept behind the scenes during the summer/beginning of the season then it would probably be more popular.

I'm not sure why any fan would want an increased number of away supporters visiting, drowning out any attempt from us.

For what it's worth 250k would only cover 1/4 of ONE of our players' salaries. A pretty irrelevant figure in the grand scheme of things.

^this. It is a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things.
An extra £250k in the transfer kitty every season would certainly help, likewise having an extra £250k available for player wages might allow us to sigh better players.

If we're at capacity, by all means sell more home seats in the South Stand but when the stadium is nowhere near capacity why not let the way fans subsidise us by selling them tickets? - The away support may even be less vocal if the singers are not all squashed together in one part of the stand.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Mar 2019 13:46

Forbury Lion An extra £250k in the transfer kitty every season would certainly help, likewise having an extra £250k available for player wages might allow us to sigh better players.

If we're at capacity, by all means sell more home seats in the South Stand but when the stadium is nowhere near capacity why not let the way fans subsidise us by selling them tickets? - The away support may even be less vocal if the singers are not all squashed together in one part of the stand.

My faith in this forum and Reading FC supporters has been restored by you Forbury Lion.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 19 Mar 2019 19:48

Forbury Lion
Hendo
LWJ Takes time for these things to build. If we weren't so inept behind the scenes during the summer/beginning of the season then it would probably be more popular.

I'm not sure why any fan would want an increased number of away supporters visiting, drowning out any attempt from us.

For what it's worth 250k would only cover 1/4 of ONE of our players' salaries. A pretty irrelevant figure in the grand scheme of things.

An extra £250k in the transfer kitty every season would certainly help, likewise having an extra £250k available for player wages might allow us to sigh better players.

If you look at our finances you'd see that £250k would be pretty meaningless.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Mar 2019 21:24

Forbury Lion
Hendo
LWJ Takes time for these things to build. If we weren't so inept behind the scenes during the summer/beginning of the season then it would probably be more popular.

You're assuming that £250k is entirely profit, which it certainly won't be.

There are potentially people who are turning up to watch in the South who wouldn't if it wasn't available, not many I'm sure, but probably a few. That further eats into the gains.

And most importantly, it's not simply about the cash. It's also about giving some of our own supporters something they want, and trying to improve things within the stadium for everyone. It seems the club think this is pretty good value for any small amount of lost revenue over the entire season.

Remember, the club can't sell season tickets in the South if they give the entire away end to the four or five clubs that might sell more than 2,000 tickets, which would have a big impact on selling South stand tickets to home fans

Ultimately it's a question for the club to decide on. They decided they're ok with potentially losing some revenue through taking this approach and it seems they may well be happy to continue to do so next season. That's basically the end of that.

One87One

by One87One » 20 Mar 2019 00:40

Nigel Howe is very supportive of this initiative and it would be a big surprise if it didn’t continue next season. All indications thus far are that it will continue.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Mar 2019 08:08

One87One Nigel Howe is very supportive of this initiative and it would be a big surprise if it didn’t continue next season. All indications thus far are that it will continue.

It isn't going to continue and you have no idea what Nigel Howe thinks.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 20 Mar 2019 09:16

Old Man Andrews
One87One Nigel Howe is very supportive of this initiative and it would be a big surprise if it didn’t continue next season. All indications thus far are that it will continue.

My guess is some of us have more knowledge than you might on that subject... :)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 20 Mar 2019 09:17

LWJ
Old Man Andrews

My guess is some of us have more knowledge than you might on that subject... :)

He doesn't, he is a hugely disliked Twitter goon who is openly mocked on a regular basis for making things up.

2100 posts