CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

159 posts
User avatar
tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3218
Joined: 15 Jun 2012 15:24

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by tidus_mi2 » 17 May 2018 16:51

alfie9 wrote:Good signing but reportedly another 4 year deal... will we ever learn?

The guy is 26, was incredibly close to being a Premier League player last season (Yeah it was Swansea but still....), has shown to be very much of the required standard for this division and bar injuries which he doesn't have a track record of, should see out his best years during this contract.

I don't get the concern.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6525
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by Sutekh » 17 May 2018 17:35

linkenholtroyal wrote:
Sutekh wrote:
linkenholtroyal wrote:IF this deal goes through I feel this could be a big turning point. Last season it took forever to get deals over the line and we often lost out. I am also assured that Clement and co seem to be looking at champ players and not foreign punts. A big statement of intent ( yes I used it) if this happens.


How do you actually pronounce Yiadom properly?

Steve



Image

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by Old Man Andrews » 17 May 2018 17:56

Confirmed 4 year deal. Happy with this one.

User avatar
Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1000
Joined: 22 Oct 2013 11:19

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by Oilroyal » 17 May 2018 18:08


NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3611
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: I want to bathe with you in the sea.

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by NewCorkSeth » 17 May 2018 19:17

Great! Happy days! I'm no fan of Gunter but a big problem could have been the lack of competition for his starting spot. Hopefully this changes that.


Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5944
Joined: 12 Apr 2005 19:22
Location: South Coast

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by Victor Meldrew » 17 May 2018 19:22

It appears that Swansea tried to sign him previously so the player is known to Clement.
With his footballing family history I would like to think that Clement recognises a decent full-back when he sees one and he realises that our current regular right-back isn't good enough.,
Now just another 10 signings or so and we will be ready to roll.
A good start.

Henley Royal 1
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: 02 Sep 2017 19:11

Re: CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

by Henley Royal 1 » 17 May 2018 20:20

Could be good signing i like the fact he was the captain as this side needs leaders .

User avatar
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 2266
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 11:35
Location: Feeding the leccy meter at the County Ground

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by Lower West » 17 May 2018 20:57

NewCorkSeth wrote:Great! Happy days! I'm no fan of Gunter but a big problem could have been the lack of competition for his starting spot. Hopefully this changes that.


Perhaps there's interest in Gunter already. Which has prompted the quick deal.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3611
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: I want to bathe with you in the sea.

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by NewCorkSeth » 17 May 2018 20:59

Lower West wrote:
NewCorkSeth wrote:Great! Happy days! I'm no fan of Gunter but a big problem could have been the lack of competition for his starting spot. Hopefully this changes that.


Perhaps there's interest in Gunter already. Which has prompted the quick deal.

Perhaps. Or more likely they have been pushing at this one to beat other teams to a great signing on a free. But Gunter could well be on the move.


Elm Park Kid
Member
Posts: 601
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 11:45

Re: CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

by Elm Park Kid » 17 May 2018 21:00

Sounds like a sensible signing given our ambitions at the moment. He'll probably move between LB and RB cover for most of next season before fully replacing Gunter the one after.

Next on the target list is someone in midfield who can make things happen and a decent striker.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06

Re: CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

by Old Man Andrews » 17 May 2018 21:14

Elm Park Kid wrote:Sounds like a sensible signing given our ambitions at the moment. He'll probably move between LB and RB cover for most of next season before fully replacing Gunter the one after.

Next on the target list is someone in midfield who can make things happen and a decent striker.


He's 26 and signed a 4 year deal, he's not here as cover. Gunter will be sold, absolute guarantee.

Elm Park Kid
Member
Posts: 601
Joined: 05 Feb 2013 11:45

Re: CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

by Elm Park Kid » 17 May 2018 21:21

Old Man Andrews wrote:
Elm Park Kid wrote:Sounds like a sensible signing given our ambitions at the moment. He'll probably move between LB and RB cover for most of next season before fully replacing Gunter the one after.

Next on the target list is someone in midfield who can make things happen and a decent striker.


He's 26 and signed a 4 year deal, he's not here as cover. Gunter will be sold, absolute guarantee.


I meant that he will play LB until Obita can get back up to speed and then will probably alternate with Gunter.

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 5341
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

by CountryRoyal » 17 May 2018 21:37

Old Man Andrews wrote: Gunter will be sold, absolute guarantee.


Think I just jizzed a little.


User avatar
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11281
Joined: 13 Apr 2004 22:39
Location: Sorry Jaap, even I now think you have lost the plot.

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by RoyalBlue » 17 May 2018 22:04

tidus_mi2 wrote:
alfie9 wrote:Good signing but reportedly another 4 year deal... will we ever learn?

The guy is 26, was incredibly close to being a Premier League player last season (Yeah it was Swansea but still....), has shown to be very much of the required standard for this division and bar injuries which he doesn't have a track record of, should see out his best years during this contract.

I don't get the concern.


Nor do I. Doesn't it also help reduce problems with FFP?

User avatar
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 2266
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 11:35
Location: Feeding the leccy meter at the County Ground

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by Lower West » 17 May 2018 22:45

NewCorkSeth wrote:
Lower West wrote:
NewCorkSeth wrote:Great! Happy days! I'm no fan of Gunter but a big problem could have been the lack of competition for his starting spot. Hopefully this changes that.


Perhaps there's interest in Gunter already. Which has prompted the quick deal.

Perhaps. Or more likely they have been pushing at this one to beat other teams to a great signing on a free. But Gunter could well be on the move.


The fact that the guy is the Barnsley captain speaks volumes. Wasn't just bought as cover. This is the first plank of rebuilding the squad with character.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 4028
Joined: 23 Nov 2005 01:55

Re: RUMOUR - Andy Yiadom

by Jackson Corner » 18 May 2018 04:33

TiagoIlori wrote:
Hound wrote:bit more opinion on him: http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/yiadom.268470/


“READING???!!!! If that's the best his agent can get him he needs a new agent with the exception of MK Dons
Reading are a proper plastic club”

Why does every single championship or top end league one club supporter seem to think they’re automatically than us :roll:


How many times have we played Barnsley? Christ that makes me mad the way some of these teams go on you would think they were the biggest team in Europe..................oxf*rd Barnsley. I remember doing them 7-0 at EP in the early 80s. :evil: :evil: :evil:

User avatar
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 2800
Joined: 20 Jun 2017 17:51

Re: CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

by Snowflake Royal » 18 May 2018 07:27

Absolutely delighted. We've needed a first choice right back since Stephen Kelly left.

Watson had potential and made a very good start, but his injury scuppered that and he doesn't seem to have impressed on his return in the U23s.

Hopefully we can also sign a left back, Watson and Obita can properly recover and we can ditch that liability Gunter.

Lol @ the idea of Cardiff buying Gunts for the Premier League. They'd have to be bonkers.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3611
Joined: 05 Jul 2013 00:17
Location: I want to bathe with you in the sea.

Re: CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

by NewCorkSeth » 18 May 2018 08:35

Snowflake Royal wrote:Absolutely delighted. We've needed a first choice right back since Stephen Kelly left.

Watson had potential and made a very good start, but his injury scuppered that and he doesn't seem to have impressed on his return in the U23s.

Hopefully we can also sign a left back, Watson and Obita can properly recover and we can ditch that liability Gunter.

Lol @ the idea of Cardiff buying Gunts for the Premier League. They'd have to be bonkers.

We did it!! I really hope it happens. Likeable guy but held that position unchallenged far too long

User avatar
Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 9168
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 19:31
Location: The posh part of Winnersh

Re: CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

by Wycombe Royal » 18 May 2018 08:47

Snowflake Royal wrote:Lol @ the idea of Cardiff buying Gunts for the Premier League. They'd have to be bonkers.

I reckon he would be more suited to the football in the Premier League, just as he always seems to perform better on the international stage.

User avatar
royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1281
Joined: 30 Sep 2010 11:04

Re: CONFIMRED - Andy Yiadom

by royalp-we » 18 May 2018 08:53

Delighted the club have finalised this. Had a few clubs after him, good age, willing to learn and has qualities a captain possesses.

Good eye for goal when at Barnet too:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NzrXzp9z66o

159 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 45 guests

It is currently 21 May 2018 16:16