Fixtures

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7268
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Fixtures

by Sutekh » 11 Jun 2018 08:30

Dates for fixtures

Premier League : 9am on 14th June
Football League : 9am on 21st June

Carabao Cup 1st Round : No-one seems to know anything more than “mid-June”

Not bothered about who Reading get, or when, beyond a home game to end the season for a change.

And just for some background, I'll repeat what I posted about a month ago on opening/closing statistics for Reading over the last 24 years

First game of the season

HOME : 11 (W6, D3, L2)
AWAY : 13 (W1, D6, L6)

Last game of the season

HOME : 09 (W5, D2, L2)
AWAY : 15 (W4, D3, L8)

Of the last 4 seasons, Reading have been at home once on the opening day of the season and on the last day of the season have been away every time.

And if anyone was wondering, in the last 24 seasons Reading have played 22 games on

Boxing Day

HOME : 11 (W5, D5, L1)
AWAY : 11 (W1, D5, L5)

Across those games, Reading’s most common opponents (all with 4 games) have been Cardiff, Derby, Birmingham and Stoke
Last edited by Sutekh on 11 Jun 2018 09:19, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6017
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Fixtures

by CountryRoyal » 11 Jun 2018 09:19

WBA/Stoke away early on please.

Probably want a home game to kick things off with.

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7268
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Fixtures

by Sutekh » 11 Jun 2018 09:20

CountryRoyal wrote:WBA/Stoke away early on please.

Probably want a home game to kick things off with.


According to the stats, Stoke is a good bet :)

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6017
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Fixtures

by CountryRoyal » 11 Jun 2018 09:26

Sutekh wrote:
CountryRoyal wrote:WBA/Stoke away early on please.

Probably want a home game to kick things off with.


According to the stats, Stoke is a good bet :)


Obviously it’s very early days but they look a good shout for the title, talks of them getting Afobe and Gray... what a championship pairing that would be :shock:

I suppose it would be good to visit them before they maybe build up speed and momentum but tbh I mostly just want to go to the Britannia when it’s sunny and warm and not as a midweek snowy shitstorm in February.

User avatar
Silver Fox
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 33575
Joined: 15 Apr 2004 10:02
Location: From the Andes to the indies in my undies

Re: Fixtures

by Silver Fox » 11 Jun 2018 09:49

I'd imagine we'll play the other 23 teams, twice on average


Snowball
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 15488
Joined: 02 Jan 2009 19:35

Re: Fixtures

by Snowball » 11 Jun 2018 09:58

Silver Fox wrote:I'd imagine we'll play the other 23 teams, twice on average


impressive stats.

User avatar
Rusty royal
Member
Posts: 466
Joined: 17 Dec 2005 22:33
Location: No longer there

Re: Fixtures

by Rusty royal » 11 Jun 2018 10:02

Have we not had to play away fixtures first because of the festival most years?

User avatar
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Posts: 11163
Joined: 14 Apr 2004 12:42
Location: Propping up the bar in the Nags

Re: Fixtures

by Stranded » 11 Jun 2018 10:07

Rusty royal wrote:Have we not had to play away fixtures first because of the festival most years?


Will play a part depending on the weekend the season starts and when the festival falls.

This season starts on the 4th August. So the game on the 25th is likely the 4th game of the season (barring any midweek games), so we should start at home.

4/8 Home
11/ 8 Away
18/8 Home
25/8 Away

3points
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1854
Joined: 27 Oct 2013 18:22

Re: Fixtures

by 3points » 11 Jun 2018 13:20

we seem to have an early midweek league fixture as well in recent seasons (though cba to check the stats) in addition to the Carabao Cup games


User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7268
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Fixtures

by Sutekh » 11 Jun 2018 14:49

Stranded wrote:
Rusty royal wrote:Have we not had to play away fixtures first because of the festival most years?


Will play a part depending on the weekend the season starts and when the festival falls.

This season starts on the 4th August. So the game on the 25th is likely the 4th game of the season (barring any midweek games), so we should start at home.

4/8 Home
11/ 8 Away
18/8 Home
25/8 Away


Usually there is a midweek fixture early on.

I reckon the opening dates will be :

04/08 League
11/08 League
14/08 League Cup 1
18/08 League
21/08 League
25/08 League
26/08 League Cup 2
01/09 League
08/09 International break

User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7268
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Fixtures

by Sutekh » 11 Jun 2018 16:32

And the League Cup 1st Round draw will be made in Ho Chi Minh City at 10.45 am on Friday 15th June 2018 :

Region split

NORTH

  1. Accrington Stanley
  2. Barnsley
  3. Blackburn Rovers
  4. Blackpool
  5. Bolton Wanderers
  6. Bradford City
  7. Burton Albion
  8. Bury
  9. Carlisle United
  10. Crewe Alexandra
  11. Derby County
  12. Doncaster Rovers
  13. Fleetwood Town
  14. Grimsby Town
  15. Hull City
  16. Leeds United
  17. Lincoln City
  18. Macclesfield Town
  19. Mansfield Town
  20. Middlesbrough
  21. Morecambe
  22. Nottingham Forest
  23. Notts County
  24. Oldham Athletic
  25. Port Vale
  26. Preston North End
  27. Rochdale
  28. Rotherham United
  29. Scunthorpe United
  30. Sheffield United
  31. Sheffield Wednesday
  32. Shrewsbury Town
  33. Sunderland
  34. Tranmere Rovers
  35. Walsall
  36. Wigan Athletic

SOUTH

  1. AFC Wimbledon
  2. Aston Villa
  3. Birmingham City
  4. Brentford
  5. Bristol City
  6. Bristol Rovers
  7. Cambridge United
  8. Charlton Athletic
  9. Cheltenham Town
  10. Colchester United
  11. Coventry City
  12. Crawley Town
  13. Exeter City
  14. Forest Green Rovers
  15. Gillingham
  16. Ipswich Town
  17. Luton Town
  18. Millwall
  19. Milton Keynes Dons
  20. Newport County
  21. Northampton Town
  22. Norwich City
  23. Oxford United
  24. Peterborough United
  25. Plymouth Argyle
  26. Portsmouth
  27. Queens Park Rangers
  28. Reading
  29. Southend United
  30. Stevenage
  31. Swindon Town
  32. West Bromwich Albion
  33. Wycombe Wanderers
  34. Yeovil Town

Reading can get anyone in the southern section as all seeding has been removed from the competition.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1054
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Re: Fixtures

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Jun 2018 09:04

Would be nice to start at home next season. We've been away first a lot over recent years. Hopefully we will get a home boxing day tie as well. An away game first usually means a poor start.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 1054
Joined: 10 Aug 2011 10:44
Location: Y26

Re: Fixtures

by Royal_jimmy » 14 Jun 2018 09:06

Sutekh wrote:And the League Cup 1st Round draw will be made in Ho Chi Minh City at 10.45 am on Friday 15th June 2018 :

Region split

NORTH

  1. Accrington Stanley
  2. Barnsley
  3. Blackburn Rovers
  4. Blackpool
  5. Bolton Wanderers
  6. Bradford City
  7. Burton Albion
  8. Bury
  9. Carlisle United
  10. Crewe Alexandra
  11. Derby County
  12. Doncaster Rovers
  13. Fleetwood Town
  14. Grimsby Town
  15. Hull City
  16. Leeds United
  17. Lincoln City
  18. Macclesfield Town
  19. Mansfield Town
  20. Middlesbrough
  21. Morecambe
  22. Nottingham Forest
  23. Notts County
  24. Oldham Athletic
  25. Port Vale
  26. Preston North End
  27. Rochdale
  28. Rotherham United
  29. Scunthorpe United
  30. Sheffield United
  31. Sheffield Wednesday
  32. Shrewsbury Town
  33. Sunderland
  34. Tranmere Rovers
  35. Walsall
  36. Wigan Athletic

SOUTH

  1. AFC Wimbledon
  2. Aston Villa
  3. Birmingham City
  4. Brentford
  5. Bristol City
  6. Bristol Rovers
  7. Cambridge United
  8. Charlton Athletic
  9. Cheltenham Town
  10. Colchester United
  11. Coventry City
  12. Crawley Town
  13. Exeter City
  14. Forest Green Rovers
  15. Gillingham
  16. Ipswich Town
  17. Luton Town
  18. Millwall
  19. Milton Keynes Dons
  20. Newport County
  21. Northampton Town
  22. Norwich City
  23. Oxford United
  24. Peterborough United
  25. Plymouth Argyle
  26. Portsmouth
  27. Queens Park Rangers
  28. Reading
  29. Southend United
  30. Stevenage
  31. Swindon Town
  32. West Bromwich Albion
  33. Wycombe Wanderers
  34. Yeovil Town

Reading can get anyone in the southern section as all seeding has been removed from the competition.


I predict there will be plenty of all championship ties in there. Would love Cheltenham or Forest Green away.


User avatar
Sutekh
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 7268
Joined: 12 Feb 2014 15:05
Location: Destroying things.... just like Michael Gilkes used to

Re: Fixtures

by Sutekh » 14 Jun 2018 09:30

It'll be a pointless trip to Carrow Road.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3917
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Fixtures

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jun 2018 09:34

Would like a game against Oxford at home.

User avatar
bobby1413
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 11673
Joined: 07 Apr 2005 10:55
Location: Reading

Re: Fixtures

by bobby1413 » 14 Jun 2018 10:37

West Brom away would be nice to open with

User avatar
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Posts: 6017
Joined: 12 Aug 2011 13:44

Re: Fixtures

by CountryRoyal » 14 Jun 2018 11:01

Royal_jimmy wrote:
Would love Cheltenham or Forest Green away.


+1

User avatar
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 10449
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 08:37
Location: With grace we will suffer, with grace we shall recover

Re: Fixtures

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jun 2018 11:40

Sutekh wrote:It'll be a pointless trip to Carrow Road.



Sounds like a pointless trip to Vietnam.

User avatar
Old Man Andrews
Hob Nob Regular
Posts: 3917
Joined: 02 Oct 2017 13:06
Location: The South of England

Re: Fixtures

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jun 2018 11:55

From Despair To Where? wrote:
Sutekh wrote:It'll be a pointless trip to Carrow Road.



Sounds like a pointless trip to Vietnam.


Would rather go to Vietnam than have to drive to East Anglia to be honest.

User avatar
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Posts: 10449
Joined: 19 Apr 2004 08:37
Location: With grace we will suffer, with grace we shall recover

Re: Fixtures

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jun 2018 12:12

It's a sop to the Hue City branch of the Forest Green Rovers Supporters' Club.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

It is currently 22 Oct 2018 03:37