News and Views

Reading Get Another Home Draw In FA Cup

31 January 2016
By Hob Nob Anyone?

Reading have been drawn at home again in the FA Cup and will face either Premier League West Bromwich Albion or League One Peterborough United. The game will take place on the 20th February at the Madejski Stadium.

The Royals were 4-0 winners over League One Walsall in round four yesterday to progress to the next round. Meanwhile West Bromwich were held to a 2-2 home draw with Peterborough and will have to play out a replay to see who will face the Royals.

Although it is not the most glamorous fixture for Reading it does give us another chance to continue an FA Cup run. West Brom are 14th in the Premier League and would obviously provide a tough test, but with home advantage it's the kind of fixture where a shock home win could be a possibility. Peterborough will have home advantage in their replay and could provide a shock of their own to meet Reading in the next round. Peterborough are 8th in League One chasing a play off place.

Discussion On This Story:

Sutekh

» 30 Jan 2016 18:51

Draw being made at about 6.15pm tomorrow

Think many of us would want Shrewsbury at home but I expect it'll be a crap visit to Blackburn or Leeds

A home draw would give us 5 consecutive Saturdays of home games

A game with ManU means we'll be on the telly as they are always on irrespective of who or where they play.

Finally the win today now means a nice Tuesday night visit to Middlesbrough is on the cards (still at least that means a weekend might not be ruined)

windermere_royal

» 30 Jan 2016 19:10

Could do with with Shrewsbury or a championship side at home. But I think we might get one of the big boys, home or away

AthleticoSpizz

» 30 Jan 2016 19:15

Milton Keynes home would be nice

bobby1413

» 30 Jan 2016 19:39

As with every year I fear Arsenal - particularly at home. At least away you get a day out.

Anyone but them please.

The Real Sandhurst Royal

» 30 Jan 2016 20:01

WBA or Peterboro at home.

LWJ

» 30 Jan 2016 20:36

West Ham away if they get through

Hendo

» 30 Jan 2016 20:37

Shrews, Spurs or West Ham away for me.

genome

» 30 Jan 2016 20:42

Tottenham away for me please

Royal Ginger

» 30 Jan 2016 21:07

Fair shout Dave. I want another crack at a day out at Wembley, so would rather avoid the premier clubs. Season's over otherwise.

Hemenbruff Royal

» 30 Jan 2016 21:22

Carlisle away. It's a ground I've not seen Reading play at and my '92 grounds' thing is it only counts if Reading are playing there.

Ian Royal

» 31 Jan 2016 01:09

I'd fancy our chances against Liverpool, West Brom, Watford or Bournemouth from the PL. Not favourites or anything, just in with a good shout.

Shrewsbury would be nice. But we're unlikely to get a comparatively easy run again and it would be nice to get to a semi on merit more than from an easy run, and that takes besting a PL side.

Not Arsenal or City though. i can't see us beating them.

Nameless

» 31 Jan 2016 01:18

Not sure anyone who gets to a semifinal feels they didn't get there 'on merit' !
Personally I think a trip to Old Trafford is a winnable one at the moment and would love to see us beat United.
Spurs is a great away day, certainly the best in London (just pipping West Ham).