News and Views

Dutch Influx Continues As Beerens Confirmed

16 July 2016
By Hob Nob Anyone?

The influx of Dutch into Reading FC has continued with the confirmed signing of winger Roy Beerens. Beerens has been on the radar for some time and signs from German top tier club Hertha Berlin on a three year contract. Jaap Stam spoke very highly of the player on his arrival as he continues to build his new squad ready for the new season.

The 28 year old player spent two seasons at Hertha Berlin after a career that has included spells at Dutch sides AZ Alkmaar, Heerenveen and PSV Eindhoven. Beerens is a light weight player in size, but is reported to be strong and fast and can play down either wing. Beerens will link up with fellow recent signings Joey van den Berg and Danzell Gravenberch as Reading FC continues to take on a more and more Dutch look.

Discussion On This Story:

royalp-we

» 12 Jul 2016 22:33

German journos saying us and forest interested in the hertha winger. His move to Stuttgart has fallen through.

His agent was here over the weekend and a deal thought to be €1.2m agreed for the Dutchman.

Looks an interesting player, time will tell if any truth in it.

tidus_mi2

» 12 Jul 2016 22:50

Thought we were done with Dutch players!

Does look interesting though, his stats are promising.

genome

» 12 Jul 2016 22:54

Who cares if he's Dutch?

If they are good players then Stam can sign a whole bloody Dutch team as far as I'm concerned

tidus_mi2

» 12 Jul 2016 23:16

It was just a passing comment from something earlier where I believe Stam said we were done signing Dutch players.

Royal Ginger

» 13 Jul 2016 01:08

Lacoste

» 13 Jul 2016 02:12

So we have the Tish money, a player becomes available that Stam knows and we can now afford and we go for him.

Big whoop.

Why can't people just calm the fcuk down on these forums these days.

tidus_mi2

» 13 Jul 2016 02:43

Big whoop.

Why can't people just calm the fcuk down on these forums these days.
You seem the most agitated, I made a simple passing comment about a quote that Royal Ginger provided with a link to the article, who is worked up exactly? In my opinion the person telling people to calm the fcuk down.

paultheroyal

» 13 Jul 2016 07:51

Don't worry about it. Tshibola was staying also.

Royalwaster

» 13 Jul 2016 08:10

Good point.

From Despair To Where?

» 13 Jul 2016 09:33

Although he does go on to talk about the physique of Dutch players, I read that as meaning he won't sign any more players from the Dutch League.

If the player improves the squad and the deal is good, I don't care where the players are from. I'm having more and more confidence in what Stam is trying to build.

Sutekh

» 13 Jul 2016 09:45

All I'd read into it is that he wasn't planning on any more Dutch players at the time of the interview but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't change his mind if a good opportunity arose.

Pepe the Horseman

» 13 Jul 2016 09:48

Ah, "we won't be signing any more Dutch players... today :? ".