Ince & Ince appreciation thread.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ince & Ince appreciation thread.

by Zip » 05 Oct 2022 22:13

SouthDownsRoyal
Zip
AthleticoSpizz ‘Apparently’ he’s an ignorant pcunt to the RFC staff.

It’s working !

Jnr has heard something similar. Apparently Pauno was very respectful towards all those at the club. Ince not so and pretty rude to coach drivers and others involved with the club. Have no idea if true.

Ince rude to coach drivers?

Presumably those involved driving players from A to B. As I say only what Jnr has heard from someone at the club. No idea if accurate.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 05 Oct 2022 22:16

Zip
SouthDownsRoyal
Zip
Jnr has heard something similar. Apparently Pauno was very respectful towards all those at the club. Ince not so and pretty rude to coach drivers and others involved with the club. Have no idea if true.

Ince rude to coach drivers?

Presumably those involved driving players from A to B. As I say only what Jnr has heard from someone at the club. No idea if accurate.

Ince OUT

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Oct 2022 10:11

Quite unfair to be spreading rumours if not decent evidence. Especially bearing in mind there are many who would delight in being negative about the guy. He might be a cocky chap but he doesn't come across as an arse to me.

But if true, sounds like we need Pauno back.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Oct 2022 10:28

Can we’ll imagine Pauno being all lovely and polite to everyone. Shame he was a shite manager as he was clearly a nice chap

Ince has pretty much carried a reputation for being a bit of an arrogant git throughout his career. Fell out with a few managers iirc, inc Ferguson.

Doesn’t fully surprise me. But on the plus side we’d prob have had to sack half the staff had Pauno stayed so I suppose at least they still have the job thanks to Ince

Anyway he is done a cracking job overall. Can’t fault him atm. Wouldn’t be surprised if some other clubs take an interest if we stay top 6 for a few months

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 10 Oct 2022 09:50

Since Ince took over as manager I keep seeing him pop up all over the place in various social media or TV feeds, most recently on BBC's Ladhood.

Here's one which might inform on his interview style, which I like. You can see him in the clip halfway through whispering conspiratorially to Paul Merson.

https://twitter.com/stusfootyflash/stat ... LFpt48TMTQ

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 10 Oct 2022 13:24

Royal Rother Ince has done a phenomenal job.

And should there not be a similar shout out for Bowen and Carey (he is still here isn’t he, haven’t heard any mention of him in recent months?)?

To turn this team around without being able to spend a penny on fees is amazing.

I'm going to put it out there that there must be plenty of Championship clubs who will be very interested in how we managed to secure teh services of Shane Long and Andy Carroll given our spending embargo.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 10 Oct 2022 13:47

Greatwesternline

And should there not be a similar shout out for Bowen and Carey (he is still here isn’t he, haven’t heard any mention of him in recent months?)?

To turn this team around without being able to spend a penny on fees is amazing.

I'm going to put it out there that there must be plenty of Championship clubs who will be very interested in how we managed to secure teh services of Shane Long and Andy Carroll given our spending embargo.

I don't think there will be . all transfers need to be approved by the EFL. If they didn't fit in to the agreed sanctioned budget they wouldn''t have approved the transfers

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Oct 2022 13:53

Exactly, I don't think these (with respect) old has-beens are raising too many eyebrows. Let's see how many games they even get, let alone goals.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 10 Oct 2022 13:54

Brogue
Greatwesternline

I don't think there will be . all transfers need to be approved by the EFL. If they didn't fit in to the agreed sanctioned budget they wouldn''t have approved the transfers

That's true. I shall rephrase. There will be plenty of fans of other clubs muttering about how we managed to pull those off, and plenty of other clubs muttering that our sanctions aren't strict enough if they enable us to assemble what looks on paper to be one of the best attacking quartets in the league.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Oct 2022 14:18

We can't really do too much about demands, if players are only wanting £8k (just a round figure/estimate) a week and we've agreed to that which has been approved by the EFL, then nobody can have any complaints.

If we have managed to assemble one of the best attacking quartets in the entire division, then that goes to down to the strength of our recruitment and how well we have done. I wouldn't personally say it's one of the best, granted it's subjective, but it gives us good depth and experience.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Oct 2022 16:30

Greatwesternline
Brogue
Greatwesternline

That's true. I shall rephrase. There will be plenty of fans of other clubs muttering about how we managed to pull those off, and plenty of other clubs muttering that our sanctions aren't strict enough if they enable us to assemble what looks on paper to be one of the best attacking quartets in the league.

Well, they all had the opportunity to sign 33 year old Andy Carroll and 35 year old Shane Long. It's not like we struck like lightning. We even got Carroll outside the window.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 10 Oct 2022 16:43

Snowflake Royal
Greatwesternline
Brogue

Well, they all had the opportunity to sign 33 year old Andy Carroll and 35 year old Shane Long. It's not like we struck like lightning. We even got Carroll outside the window.

Are you suggesting Shane Long is old and past it? Speaking as a 35 year old i find that ageist.

I dont understand how we got Carroll. He is a great footballer. I dont understand why teams at the bottom of the PL dont want him to bring on with 10 minutes to go for route 1 when losing. Maybe he doesnt want that himself.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 13 Feb 2023 23:05

Thanks again, Ince & Ince - as promised appreciation where it's due.

Impossible task, yet somehow against all the odds we're fewer points off a playoff spot than a relegation spot at the time of writing.

Stay strong and regain focus guys! We appreciate every effort.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 14 Feb 2023 00:02

Still a big fan of both of them and whatever is going on with the club right now. Decent recruitment strategy, stayed clear of a relegation battle so far.

Looking forward to them showing us what they can do next season.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Feb 2023 21:19

Still closer to a playoff spot than to a relegation spot, against all the odds.

I'm sure you're trying to improve each time, good work guys. Keep it up.

Getthebeerens

by Getthebeerens » 18 Feb 2023 22:12

Doing a good job in difficult circumstances. Play to your strengths & pick up points.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Feb 2023 23:07

Getthebeerens Doing a good job in difficult circumstances. Play to your strengths & pick up points.

That would certainly be a pleasant change of pace.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 22 Feb 2023 13:37

Former England midfielder Carlton Palmer believes Paul Ince has done more than enough at Reading FC this season to earn a new contract.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... g-26298143

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 22 Feb 2023 13:41

Every time I see his name or face I can only think of that Graham Taylor documentary.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 22 Feb 2023 14:16

morganb Former England midfielder Carlton Palmer believes Paul Ince has done more than enough at Reading FC this season to earn a new contract.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... g-26298143

I like P. Ince, and I'm extremely grateful for what he's achieved here against all of the odds, but I'm not convinced he should be here long-term. Tactically he's all over the place. Perhaps that would change in the summer when the embargo is lifted and he can mould the team to a specific style, but I'm not convinced P. Ince has a particular style.

I heard last week that we are the first club Ince has managed that he's completed a full year with! :shock:

(He left MKD a day shy of a year anniversary)