Countdown to Rodgers' return

133 posts
Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Countdown to Rodgers' return

by Mid Sussex Royal » 16 Oct 2010 13:14

Ian Royal
floyd__streete It is a bit churlish to hate Rodgers for the abject failure of his short spell at Reading. So instead I shall hate him for being a billy-big-spuds bullsh*t merchant.

I don't want him to get abuse because he obviously cared and had good intentions and it just wasn't meant to be. We shouldn't get arsey with every manager who just isn't good enough, only those who really screw us over, arguably "betray" us...

But he's such an odious piece of work at the same time I just want to shout and swear at him.

Agree completely with last comment - he is so much in love with himself even more so than I previously thought having read the local press. I hope he fecks up badly at Swansea then he'll never get another job.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Oct 2010 14:05

He might be a gobby sh*t

BUT

I hope he gets applauded by us tbh.

It's not the job of Reading fans to be holier-than-thou assessors of character. None of our business.

What IS our business is what they do to our club. We're already being questioned for being small-minded imbeciles for our treatments of McGhee and Pardew.

McGhee - might've been deserved for a short time.
Pardew - definitely deserved what he got, for a time.
Wet Sham - will always deserve negativity for being the scum of English football

If we leave it at that, we'll be ok as they're all somewhat justifiable.

If we go and boo this poor guy who' actually done nothing to us whatsoever just because he's a bit of a big head it'll tip Reading fans into the category of being small minded idiots and de-justify our attitude towards those who really screwed us over.

I didn't want Rodgers to be appointed but I supported him whilst he was here and wish him all the best for the future.

I hope he gets a round the round of applause he deserves for trying his hardest with very few resources.

ShinPad

by ShinPad » 16 Oct 2010 14:43

You want to like Rodgers but it is impossible when you read rubbish like this, nothing was his fault at all, that is what really annoys me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 093988.stm

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 16 Oct 2010 14:54

Rodgers spell here as manager was not good, but a hostile reception would forget about all the good work he did with the academy the his passion for this club. Unfortunately he'll still be a target for the boo boys, I just don't really think it's fair. That is all.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Oct 2010 15:12

ShinPad You want to like Rodgers but it is impossible when you read rubbish like this, nothing was his fault at all, that is what really annoys me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 093988.stm

:shock: :shock: :shock:

As someone who didn't want him here and am glad he left, I dont understand what you're talking about, unless the article has changed since you read it.

What he says is fair enough and indeed very magnanimous.

I'm defo goin to cheer him now.

And I'd best leave if I want to get there on time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Oct 2010 18:54

readingbedding
Sir Rodger Doyle Rodgers was left with a hopeless pile of sh*t by Coppell and Madejski. I honestly believe he did his level best to rectify this problem in the short term, while having a long term plan in place. He was sacked at a time when results were improving for reasons that are still not clear. He introduced Gylfi into the first team and played Jem in a holding role. He bought Howard, Mills, Jobi, Rasiak, Tommy Smith(well he was on his way before the move was sabbotaged) and Cummings. He also brought in Bertrand on loan, which turned out to be a great move.
We were playing ineffective long ball, fight football at the end of Coppell's tenure. When what was regarded as the best squad in the Championship, seemed to do it's level best to avoid promotion. The club then decided (that due to unforseen circumstances, loss of parachute payments, credit crunch, suddenly recalled overdraft, Chairman trying to sell the club, failure to attain Premier league football) to sell or release all of their best players. In comes Brendan, good luck mate.

I think he wanted to do the best for RFC, I think he honestly thought he was doing the best for RFC and I know that he was devasted when he was sacked. Why would any Reading fan want to abuse this man?

McDermott was left with an even more hopeless shower of shite thanks to Bigwatch and Madejski.

For your information Bigwatch's best wasn't good enough for RFC.

Laters.

Was better than RFC today...anything to say?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Oct 2010 18:56

Ian Royal
SHORT AND CURLY
Royalee I genuinely hope they play us off the pitch and beat us with our mong fanbase.

C,mon then who wound this lunatic up?

Madejski, for sticking with the most successful manager we've ever had and for sacking a delusional prick too obsessed with his own hype considering he was seriously threatening to take a solid mid-table side down. Then appointing an ex-Slough Town managing scout who turned out to be far better than the afformentioned failure.

If Royalee hates our fans so much, and loves Rodgers, I don't know why he doesn't go support Swansea. It's not like he can have enjoyed the most successful period we've ever had seeing as it was all achieved by men he seems to have utter contempt for.

Didn't look much like a failure today did he Ian?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Oct 2010 21:38

Swansea were distinctly average, nothing more. They took their break well and were always going to be hard to break down especially for an out of sorts Reading with a weak attack. And dangerous on the break as we pushed forward.

This had Swansea win written all over it. They won't finish far ahead of us, if they manage it at all.

They definitely suit Rodgers much more than we did. Which is good, because he's bloody awful at changing his style to suit his players.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 16 Oct 2010 21:45

"Was better than RFC today...anything to say?"

Yes. Swansea City were better than Reading today.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Oct 2010 21:48

Very impressed with the reception for Rodgers btw. Credit to our fans.

Sir Rodger Doyle

by Sir Rodger Doyle » 16 Oct 2010 21:54

Royalee
readingbedding
Sir Rodger Doyle Rodgers was left with a hopeless pile of sh*t by Coppell and Madejski. I honestly believe he did his level best to rectify this problem in the short term, while having a long term plan in place. He was sacked at a time when results were improving for reasons that are still not clear. He introduced Gylfi into the first team and played Jem in a holding role. He bought Howard, Mills, Jobi, Rasiak, Tommy Smith(well he was on his way before the move was sabbotaged) and Cummings. He also brought in Bertrand on loan, which turned out to be a great move.
We were playing ineffective long ball, fight football at the end of Coppell's tenure. When what was regarded as the best squad in the Championship, seemed to do it's level best to avoid promotion. The club then decided (that due to unforseen circumstances, loss of parachute payments, credit crunch, suddenly recalled overdraft, Chairman trying to sell the club, failure to attain Premier league football) to sell or release all of their best players. In comes Brendan, good luck mate.

I think he wanted to do the best for RFC, I think he honestly thought he was doing the best for RFC and I know that he was devasted when he was sacked. Why would any Reading fan want to abuse this man?

McDermott was left with an even more hopeless shower of shite thanks to Bigwatch and Madejski.

Laters.

What do you want me to say?

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 17 Oct 2010 00:55

Royalee
readingbedding

Laters.

Different players maybe...

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 17 Oct 2010 08:57

swansea jack A rested Sinclair and Pratley = 8)

Sinclair ftw 8)

swansea jack

by swansea jack » 17 Oct 2010 08:59

swansea jack Forking hell. Some LOLsworthy comments on here - it's not like he was a secret 'shot fan doing it on purpose :roll:

[size=150]I do note many of our fan base would do exactly the same though[/size]

Looks like we're taking +3,500 to Wigwam on Tues to abuse el greasy one and they have only sold 1k so far :shock: Slightly different circumstances to Urz & Big watch man tho

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 17 Oct 2010 10:20

Ideal From the BBC.co.uk match preview:
• The Royals have scored seven goals in the final 15 minutes of Championship matches this season - more than any other team.

• They (Swansea) are scoring on average a goal per game away from home (five in five), and are yet to keep a clean sheet on the road.

See where I am going with this? ;)

I don't follow Reading's progress (or lack of it) much these days but when I saw the score from The Madejski yesterday I immediately thought of you, and I had to smile.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 17 Oct 2010 10:49

Good scenes.
Mr Rodgers will be happy from attaining his 2nd ever victory at the Madejski.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Oct 2010 12:04

readingbedding Good scenes.

BBC Radio Berks reckon it was his third.

What's more you can mock all you like but I bet he and his supporters are happier than anyone at RFC (with the possible exception of Madejski counting all the money he found in a black hole)! :twisted:

I bet Rodgers is gutted having to work for a board prepared to put money where mouths' are and astonishingly short of black holes given their smaller attendances.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 17 Oct 2010 12:42

A damn site happier than you are...when is this promotion party happening again?

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 17 Oct 2010 12:45

RoyalBlue

BBC Radio Berks reckon it was his third.

2nd league victory, 3rd victory if you count the League Cup vs Burton in August last year.

The other League victory was, of course, against a team now in the top half of the Premier league.....

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Oct 2010 13:02

I'm really happy for Rodgers and genuinely hope he one day makes it.

At a club that allows buying necessary players he might one day do well.

At a more sensible/stingy/brick-by-brick/realistic club he is a proven total failure and was on the verge of taking us down with the same players that Brian almost got us into the playoffs with!!!!!!!! Total failure and wrong thing for us.

That's not to say of course he won't develop into a top manager one day and his somewhat fortuitous victory yesterday might well be a sign that he's coming out of his preseason at last, but I'm glad that after just a handful of games to his name he isn't continuing to have his "preseason" with *us*

Horrible mistake signing him, glad we got rid of him, delighted to see him slowly continue his training at the sort of club he needs and am kind of happy for him that he beat us yesterday to restore some pride to himself.

Decent bloke. Glad we cheered him.

Good luck Brendan!

133 posts