Back from the game - Burnley Away

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Back from the game - Burnley Away

by Snowball » 30 Oct 2010 12:22

Ian Royal
paultheroyal Ian, talk me through your comment that McDermott was "lucky" and yet "tactically spot on"?!?!

Well it's quite simple really. IMO we dominated the game looking much the better team, but Mills challenge could easily have been given a penalty, Fed had to make some good stops and Iwelumo should have scored when he failed to get on the end of that cross. I think the result could quite easily have been very different had Burnley got an equaliser before half time.

Until we got our second we may have been largely in control and playing well, but we weren't creating much in the way of convincingly good chances to score. Burnley had less of the game but created most of the better chances (pre-number 2) Perhaps more that we as a team were lucky than specifically McDermott.

AND WE HAD A STONEWALL PEN the ref never game where Karacan was chopped by Bikey
and their keeper made a string of very good saves

Burnley created most of the better chances? Rubbish.

It's true (and occasionally happens) that we could have forced saves instead of got goals, or hit the woodwork
and one of theirs could have gone in, but we had HOW MANY shots on target?

TEN to Burnley's four, yet you say, "Burnley created most of the better chances!!!!"

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Oct 2010 12:57

Ian Royal
paultheroyal Ian, talk me through your comment that McDermott was "lucky" and yet "tactically spot on"?!?!

Well it's quite simple really. IMO we dominated the game looking much the better team, but Mills challenge could easily have been given a penalty, Fed had to make some good stops and Iwelumo should have scored when he failed to get on the end of that cross. I think the result could quite easily have been very different had Burnley got an equaliser before half time.

Until we got our second we may have been largely in control and playing well, but we weren't creating much in the way of convincingly good chances to score. Burnley had less of the game but created most of the better chances (pre-number 2)

Perhaps more that we as a team were lucky than specifically McDermott.

Cheers

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Oct 2010 13:02

Always happy to explain my reasoning.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 30 Oct 2010 13:16

Ian Royal Always happy to explain my reasoning.

Excellent. When Reading had four goals and a further six shots on target
and Jensen made a string of good saves to keep Burnley in the game, how
do you find that "Burnley had most of the good chances?"

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Oct 2010 13:37

Snowball
Ian Royal Always happy to explain my reasoning.

Excellent. When Reading had four goals and a further six shots on target
and Jensen made a string of good saves to keep Burnley in the game, how
do you find that "Burnley had most of the good chances?"

Try re-reading the post and you'll notice you are taking that quote (which isn't even what I actually posted) out of context.

Then consider that shots on target are not necessarily a good indication of whether something was a good chance. For example it values a snatched scuff straight at the keeper higher than a shot that had the keeper beaten but went an inch wide, or a chance like Heskey's recently where there was no shot because he failed to kick the ball when the majority of players would have buried the chance.

Have you actually seen the game snowball? Or are you just disagreeing with me about what happened in the match for the sake if it?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 30 Oct 2010 13:58

Keep it up, you two!