QPR - Back from watching on TV

282 posts
rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

QPR - Back from watching on TV

by rhroyal » 04 Feb 2011 22:14

Result is bad. What's infuriating is that we're capable of so much better. Passing bad, cutting edge poor, no pressure on 10 man QPR. Deserved to lose without a doubt. Missed Elwood in midfield; big shame he's missing for another 2. Fair play to QPR, they looked very good but they faced little resistance. We must do better to have the slightest chance of promotion. Thankfully everybody knows we're capable of better, which is what makes tonight so frustrating as an isolated match.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from watching on TV

by Plymouth_Royal » 04 Feb 2011 22:27

Hoofball, hoofball, hoofball, hoofball.

I know QPR had nothing bar routledge's goal but feck me do we hoof it alot!!! Anyway, dire match. Capable of better. QPR were organised and dangerous on the break. Definite red card and I can see them staying where they are in the league. We did miss Elwood but I thought Karacan showed why he's started so many games this season though.

Fed 6 - did nothing had nothing to do.

Harte 6 - skinned for pace and it was his man who scored
Mills 7 - should have had a call sooner from harte to get across for the goal otherwise solid
Ingi 7 - solid
Griffin 7- Solid and got forward

McAnuff 8 - got forward, got back, creative.
Karacan 7 - Don't know why people say he's a Defensive Midfielder seeing as he's played box to box throughout his career and you can see why today. Up and Down, passing was better too. But needed a better partner as he seemed to be doing a lonely task.
Tabb 6 - off the pace, couple of good tackles that was it
Kebe 5 - couple of good crosses that's it i'm afraid

Church 6 - good touches, shot was straight at kenny, otherwise let down by his final ball
Long 7 - Dangerous, touch was good, good link up play.

Subs
HRK - nothing to say
Manset 7 - he needs to get fit and he needs to start. Creative, positive, strong, quick and looked dangerous. Bit one footed though.

Oi Oi Saveloy
Location: Going crackers for Cararcas, or bonkers for Belgium

by Oi Oi Saveloy » 04 Feb 2011 22:43

Only saw the second half, but we were god awful against a team far superior to us. Just goes to show what money can buy.

QPR have the best defense in the league and proved impossible for us to breakdown with their disciplined and organised back 4, and to be honest, in the second half they never looked like conceding. They were always likely to get a chance to nick it and that extra quality makes a difference as they only needed one chance.

Can't say I am too dissapointed though. We lost against the best team in the division that have spent a decent amount of money on quality players and have a good manager. It was men against boys out there tonight, but our young team will learn from this and come back stronger.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 04 Feb 2011 22:51

Plymouth_Royal Hoofball, hoofball, hoofball, hoofball.
I know QPR had nothing bar routledge's goal but feck me do we hoof it alot!!! Anyway, dire match. Capable of better. QPR were organised and dangerous on the break. Definite red card and I can see them staying where they are in the league. We did miss Elwood but I thought Karacan showed why he's started so many games this season though.

Fed 6 - did nothing had nothing to do.

Harte 6 - skinned for pace and it was his man who scored
Mills 7 - should have had a call sooner from harte to get across for the goal otherwise solid
Ingi 7 - solid
Griffin 7- Solid and got forward

McAnuff 8 - got forward, got back, creative.
Karacan 7 - Don't know why people say he's a Defensive Midfielder seeing as he's played box to box throughout his career and you can see why today. Up and Down, passing was better too. But needed a better partner as he seemed to be doing a lonely task.
Tabb 6 - off the pace, couple of good tackles that was it
Kebe 5 - couple of good crosses that's it i'm afraid

Church 6 - good touches, shot was straight at kenny, otherwise let down by his final ball
Long 7 - Dangerous, touch was good, good link up play.

Subs
HRK - nothing to say
Manset 7 - he needs to get fit and he needs to start. Creative, positive, strong, quick and looked dangerous. Bit one footed though.

I will say it again, the egg chasers ruin the pitch and we can't pass the ball

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 04 Feb 2011 23:00

rhroyal Result is bad. What's infuriating is that we're capable of so much better. Passing bad, cutting edge poor, no pressure on 10 man QPR. Deserved to lose without a doubt. Missed Elwood in midfield; big shame he's missing for another 2. Fair play to QPR, they looked very good but they faced little resistance. We must do better to have the slightest chance of promotion. Thankfully everybody knows we're capable of better, which is what makes tonight so frustrating as an isolated match.

Totally agree. So disappointing that QPR (and their manager) "did us" second half. Outclassed.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 04 Feb 2011 23:03

Warnock is an complete and utter pcunt.

Thought a draw would have been a fair result.

Can't understand why Church started ahead of Manset, and also don't know why McAnuff and Harte both stand over the ball for a corner :|

Pitch looks an absolute mess. Will be a mud bath by the end of the season.

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 04 Feb 2011 23:06

1st half- ok 2nd half poor
mcanuff best player
hoofball
lol at chants to warnock :lol:
qpr werent that good

WEVE GOT THE RECORD 106 8)

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Back from the Game - QPR (H)

by LoyalRoyalFan » 04 Feb 2011 23:07

Hoofball returned tonight. Poor performance, with QPR beating us all over the park.

Harte again showed he was the weak link and Armstrong needs to be brought back. Neither Kebe, Church or Tabb convinced.

Warnock and Kenny kept their annoying act up. Decent atmosphere in the first half, second half mirrored Reading's flat performance.
Last edited by LoyalRoyalFan on 04 Feb 2011 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the Game - QPR (H)

by SLAMMED » 04 Feb 2011 23:07

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 04 Feb 2011 23:09

Absolutely awful from team definitely playing championship football next season. Dire.

Just a complete lack of quality in our team to be taken seirously for promotion.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 04 Feb 2011 23:10

Royals-lad14 WEVE GOT THE RECORD 106 8)

For now.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 04 Feb 2011 23:11

They were better than us at at HT I thought they'd do it.

No sweat against the best team in the division.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 04 Feb 2011 23:11

QPR won't beat 106

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 04 Feb 2011 23:11

Absolutely awful from team definitely playing championship football next season. Dire.

Just a complete lack of quality in our team to be taken seirously for promotion.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Feb 2011 23:12

Shocking. The dead ball delivery was laughable. Kebe? What happened to him? Long had the touch of a rapist. Church didn't get the service that he needs. Too many long balls. Complete and total inability to pass the ball to team mates. Tarrabt given way too much time and space. Never a red card for Ephraim. In fact, Connolly's challenge on Long was more deserving as it was cynical.

Play-offs? You're having a laugh!

And Manset looked good. Great feet.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 04 Feb 2011 23:13

Terminal Boardom And Manset looked good. Great feet.

For a big man.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 04 Feb 2011 23:17

Disappointed about the performance as much as the actual result. Was quite pleased with first half couple of chances, but had a bad feeling after they went down to ten men after the debacle at loftus road. We didn't make enough chances, we had no final ball and no creativity. The constant hoofball needs to be cut down. Jobi was gd first half but disappeared second half. To much pressure on the strikers and we need goals from the midfield

Manset looked promising, can't trust myself to comment on kanu, WHERE IS ANTONIO???

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 04 Feb 2011 23:18

And as mentioned earlier, the pitch was a disgrace.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 04 Feb 2011 23:20

Disappointed, seriously disappointed but to be honest when you have a team with a defence as mean as QPR's it's going to take some undoing when they basically place two banks of four and challenge an upper-mid-table team to break through. Fact is Kenny's had to make a couple of good saves first half, they've made a great challenge on the woefully inadequate Church from a rebound from one of the two saves made, and we've missed an open goal after a mistake from the otherwise faultless Kenny. Second half, huff, puff, but no real cutting edge against a team that really should have been in the Premier League 2 seasons ago.

No surprise about the billy big bollocks attitude from them given they're top of the league, despite having a fairly mediocre history with some decent period's of good football in the grand scheme of things, but apart from being top of the league where does it come from? Maybe Tredder can tell us? Seriously Mickey Mouse support as well. Any club, absolutely ANY club who are a) top of the Championship and b) playing a Friday night away game 30 miles from their own ground would sell out 4000 seats. Absolutely pathetic turnout from them lot.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Feb 2011 23:20

A frustrating night. We definitely edged the first half but against 10 men in the second half it was only ever going to be a draw at best. We reverted to hoof ball and it was one moment of class was the difference between the sides. As I have said on other threads it is all about ambition. We sell our class players (Sigurdsson) whereas when QPR started wobbling about Christmastime they brought in the likes of Routledge and Miller and it is a few class players like this that will make all the difference.

I actually thought QPR would fade later in the season - but now they look nailed on for top 2.

We bring in kids and ones for the future and expect to compete - which is ridiculous.

The irony is that we restricted QPR to just ONE on target shot all night and Federici never made a single save. Equally we created very little.

Most other teams in the division are much or a muchness apart from probably Notts Forest - so we might still make the play offs but we will certainly need to play a lot better than that.

The players all gave 100% but just simply lack the necessary quality. Even if we do go up you really would wonder how many of our current crop would make it in the PL. Not many I think.

282 posts