QPR points deduction?

1341 posts
daveb76

Re: QPR points deduction?

by daveb76 » 27 Apr 2011 11:04

I didn't actually say we hadn't broken any rules or are innocent. Just like all of you I have no idea if we have or haven't broken the rules, we've been charged at the moment which doesn't automatically mean we are guilty or innocent. If we are guilty then it is a very difficult decsion to make and to be honest is not an automatic points deduction anyway. The case is mainly about money and where money is paid for the player if he is sold so any penalty should also be financial but you never know with the FA. I honestly think they make it up as they go along.

I guess we'll find out next week and if they do take points I expect it will drag on all summer with several court cases as Ecclestone is about to make an absolute fortune if we go up and he manages to sell the club.

Also didn't realise Warnock hated Reading, he spoke quite well of you on our website before our games this season although I do know Wally Downes and his opinion of Warnock is very amusing. I couldn't stand him before he became our manager and worried about the kind of football he'd bring, it's been far better than i expected.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 27 Apr 2011 11:20

Warnock is on record as saying we are everything he hates about modern football :lol:

He really doesn't like what the club stands for.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 27 Apr 2011 11:23

ZacNaloen Warnock is on record as saying we are everything he hates about modern football :lol:

Yeah, genuine, well-run football with no cheating, no kicking lumps out of people, and no directions to go break their leg. I'd rather be Reading and stay in the lower divisions if that is our fate, than be QPR and hated.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Apr 2011 11:41

daveb76 Also didn't realise Warnock hated Reading, he spoke quite well of you on our website before our games this season although I do know Wally Downes and his opinion of Warnock is very amusing. I couldn't stand him before he became our manager and worried about the kind of football he'd bring, it's been far better than i expected.

once on record saying we were everything plastic and hateful about modern football.

he is of course correct. but thats no reason not to hate him for it.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Apr 2011 11:43

daveb76 no one walked off as soon as Norwich scored, 6 clear of 3rd with 2 to play it's as good as over anyway so was worth celebrating

LOL.

no. its time to cenlebrate when you actually achieve something.
and it was still a nice comedic interlude to my saturday afternoon.

will you even be allowed on the pitch again when you go up for real?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 27 Apr 2011 11:46

Monday afternoon drug boy

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Apr 2011 11:49

Silver Fox Monday afternoon drug boy

i would very much like to complain about the recent internet meme that has come into existence about my drug use.

but i cant.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 27 Apr 2011 12:22

daveb76

by daveb76 » 27 Apr 2011 12:33

brendywendy
daveb76 no one walked off as soon as Norwich scored, 6 clear of 3rd with 2 to play it's as good as over anyway so was worth celebrating

LOL.

no. its time to cenlebrate when you actually achieve something.
and it was still a nice comedic interlude to my saturday afternoon.

will you even be allowed on the pitch again when you go up for real?

I used to celebrate winning a corner with a pitch invasion let alone the position we are in now. We do love a premature celebration though, we did it a few years back against Swindon as well when we thought we were up but ended up having to wait another week for it to be confirmed

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Apr 2011 17:24

It's much better to go the Reading way and hang around looking confused and pensive shouting "Give us the scores you oxf*rd!"

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 27 Apr 2011 19:28

brendywendy if he didnt want boos and heckles he shouldnt spend his life acting like a pantomime villain.
i enjoy hating him, and im pretty sure he secretly enjoys being hated. it means he is doing something right.

Brendy have to agree......who are the managers who get the press inches by controversy and not going with the grain ..., and more importantly stay in the public eye ...Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, to name but a few....

Most managers are wallflowers, quietly getting on with their job ...but Warnock knows that whilst being the pantomime villain may have its drawbacks , the benefits far outweigh them

btw I am not putting Warnock in the calibre of the aforementioned managers! :lol:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 27 Apr 2011 19:31

DOYLERSAROYALER Brendy have to agree......who are the managers who get the press inches by controversy and not going with the grain ..., and more importantly stay in the public eye ...Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, to name but a few.......but Warnock....

btw I am not putting Warnock in the calibre of the aforementioned managers! :lol:

Why not, they're all whingers.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Apr 2011 19:45

Royal Lady
ZacNaloen Warnock is on record as saying we are everything he hates about modern football :lol:

Yeah, genuine, well-run football with no cheating, no kicking lumps out of people, and no directions to go break their leg. I'd rather be Reading and stay in the lower divisions if that is our fate, than be QPR and hated.

You forgot making sure players got 'injured' in order that a crucial game had to be abandoned when things were going against him.

But then QPR were also happy to be associated with an individual who risked killing/injuring people by telling an F1 driver to crash so that the result went the way he wanted.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 27 Apr 2011 19:56

SpaceCruiser
DOYLERSAROYALER Brendy have to agree......who are the managers who get the press inches by controversy and not going with the grain ..., and more importantly stay in the public eye ...Ferguson, Wenger, Mourinho, to name but a few.......but Warnock....

Why not, they're all whingers.

SC, I was referring to managerial ability as you well know, but agree on whinging front he's up there with the best, if not the best ! :wink:

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 27 Apr 2011 20:19

Managerial ability? Wenger's not won a trophy in years.....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Apr 2011 22:16

SpaceCruiser Managerial ability? Wenger's not won a trophy in years.....

He's also stayed in the top 4 most of the time whilst spending a fraction of the likes Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and quite possibly Spurs and City as well, iirc.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 28 Apr 2011 07:29

SpaceCruiser Managerial ability? Wenger's not won a trophy in years.....

....Lee Westwood has never won a major title, but hes still ranked No 1 golfer in the world....does that mean he hasnt got golfing ability ?....shouldnt think so narrowly SC :wink:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Apr 2011 07:33

Bloody Arsenal, must be shite being an average top flight side, how long is it now, 92 years, bloody failures.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 28 Apr 2011 09:48

i do hate him, but you cannoty argue with his record, and therefore his ability.

if i were looking to win a promotion to the prem as a chairman, colin is the first person id be looking at.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 28 Apr 2011 10:00

You then need to sack him before the premiership season starts so he can't extend his 100% top flight relegation record.

1341 posts