Jinx Time

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Jinx Time

by moo » 29 Mar 2011 11:22

kieran Dont worry, Kitson wont score. He is quite simply awful.

:lol:

No mate, your midfields just awful

LOLiam LOLWrence

kieran

by kieran » 29 Mar 2011 11:29

Mullins is pretty good, barely misses a blue shirt. good point though, Kitson find himself coming back to get the ball a lot and we defo lack creativity. Lawrence by far our best play so not sure what the lol is he is pretty good - although recovering from injury now. Nugent is carp. Rocha brilliant and Hermann.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 29 Mar 2011 11:31

Looking forward to this one as was on hols over half term so missed the Watford and Millwall games.

So that's 1 game since 5th Feb :oops: :shock:

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Mar 2011 11:34

Just FTR, Pompey have sold 3,200 of their 4,000 tickets and expect to sell the other 800 in the next day or two.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Mar 2011 11:51

Svlad Cjelli Just FTR, Pompey have sold 3,200 of their 4,000 tickets and expect to sell the other 800 in the next day or two.

proper club , proper fans

just a shame theyre all cnuts

kieran

by kieran » 29 Mar 2011 12:10

brendywendy
Svlad Cjelli Just FTR, Pompey have sold 3,200 of their 4,000 tickets and expect to sell the other 800 in the next day or two.

Charming indeed.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 29 Mar 2011 12:24

Added to mix is that this is our first game after an international break, when (from memory only and I CBA to find any stats) we are usually very slow out of the blocks and rarely win.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Mar 2011 12:31

Kieran, you have to understand the context of our dislike for Pompey.

Not only do we never beat you, but the games are usually a bit crap with us being easily beaten no matter how much better we should play. Even considering Pompey have largely been better placed in the league than us for the last God knows how long. And then add in that Saints and Pompey get all the local news coverage, regardless of whether we're above them or not. Then you've got that cock with the bell and only one song. And you dicked us 7-4 in the Prem.

And then unlike you most of your fans we've experienced on here have been an utter joke. Carlin for example tried to tell us we were a badly run, tiny insignificant and we'd go bust before Pompey or Saints... that was about 6 months before you went into Administration.

Personally I can't stand Pompey, and don't think you're that far off us this season. Kitson was a great player but is a shadow of his former self. You seem alright though.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Mar 2011 12:35

Ian Royal Kieran, you have to understand the context of our dislike for Pompey.

Not only do we never beat you, but the games are usually a bit crap with us being easily beaten no matter how much better we should play. Even considering Pompey have largely been better placed in the league than us for the last God knows how long. And then add in that Saints and Pompey get all the local news coverage, regardless of whether we're above them or not. Then you've got that cock with the bell and only one song. And you dicked us 7-4 in the Prem.

And then unlike you most of your fans we've experienced on here have been an utter joke. Carlin for example tried to tell us we were a badly run, tiny insignificant and we'd go bust before Pompey or Saints... that was about 6 months before you went into Administration.

Personally I can't stand Pompey, and don't think you're that far off us this season. Kitson was a great player but is a shadow of his former self. You seem alright though.

Let's not forget things always going wrong when we play Pompey - like Sonko getting sent off and giving away a 3rd minute penalty last time you were here - the same game when Campbell scored from an offside position.

And the certain matter of players not competing in a crucial game (to us) against Fulham because of the cup final the next week.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 29 Mar 2011 12:45

All of that plus plenty of running battles round Fratton over the the years!

kieran

by kieran » 29 Mar 2011 12:53

Ian Royal Kieran, you have to understand the context of our dislike for Pompey.

I do understand and dont take it personally. I guess its somewhat of a compliment to have so much venim directed at your own club. I dont see much hatred of Colchester!

Historically, Saints and Pompey were really the only 2 signinficant clubs outside London in the South (although Saints have never won anything, unlike their more illustrious neighbours - god that must hurt) but Reading have built up a decent club in the last ten years or so. keep it going and the recognition will come. hisory is a long time in the making. the good news is the notoriety last a life time. Everyone knows about Pompey - regardless of what league/position we are in.

Keep it up and lets hope tha game is not as dire as the one at FP.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 29 Mar 2011 13:02

Kieran, you are obviously a good bloke but us jealous of Portsmouth? Never. I can't be jealous of a club that could only get success by borrowing money it couldn't afford to pay back, throwing a lot of staff out of work. If you get promotion this season it will be a kick in the teeth to the creditors who were rooked. I've always said on this site that I'd rather have Reading's record of the past few years than Pompey's, Harry Redknapp era and all.

I've only ever once been involved in fighting at football, and it was v Pompey fans at Elm Park. They tried to barge through us and we weren't having it. Mass fisticuffs in the stands ensued and when they were knocked back they climbed on the pitch and ran round and round it like wallies, leading the ref to take the teams off. Why? Because they were losing. That was a long time ago, but it's indelibly stained on my memory.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 29 Mar 2011 13:20

kieran
Historically, Saints and Pompey were really the only 2 signinficant clubs outside London in the South (although Saints have never won anything, unlike their more illustrious neighbours - god that must hurt)

Er, the FA Cup?

kieran

by kieran » 29 Mar 2011 13:27

facaldaqui Kieran, you are obviously a good bloke but us jealous of Portsmouth? Never. I can't be jealous of a club that could only get success by borrowing money it couldn't afford to pay back, throwing a lot of staff out of work. If you get promotion this season it will be a kick in the teeth to the creditors who were rooked. I've always said on this site that I'd rather have Reading's record of the past few years than Pompey's, Harry Redknapp era and all.

I've only ever once been involved in fighting at football, and it was v Pompey fans at Elm Park. They tried to barge through us and we weren't having it. Mass fisticuffs in the stands ensued and when they were knocked back they climbed on the pitch and ran round and round it like wallies, leading the ref to take the teams off. Why? Because they were losing. That was a long time ago, but it's indelibly stained on my memory.

Its true we have our fair share of hooligans, perhaps more. I wont defend that and nor would most of the Pompey fans I stand with in the Fratton end. I too remember 2 or 3 years of running pitched battles in the 70's 80's when Pompey were breifly in the lower divs. Disgraceful scenes witnessed. Be careful as I beleive there could be quite a few in the Reading end this weekend.

As Pompey fans we reuse to stand by the people that tried to runi our club. As you know though, the club is so much more than the legal financial entity. The club is the heart of the City. The way these people treated our city was nothing short of monstrous. They should hang there heads in shame. The people of Portmsouth however still have right to support a club that was mereley borrowed by these crooks for a short period of time.

BTW The club did not borrow the money for success - it was bankrolled by a very rich Sacha (as per Chelsea, Man City etc). When he pulled the plug he then borrowed and put the club in the financial mire in oredr to get hs money back.

kieran

by kieran » 29 Mar 2011 13:29

facaldaqui
kieran
Historically, Saints and Pompey were really the only 2 signinficant clubs outside London in the South (although Saints have never won anything, unlike their more illustrious neighbours - god that must hurt)

Er, the FA Cup?

Doesnt count. :lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Mar 2011 13:36

kieran Be careful as I beleive there could be quite a few in the Reading end this weekend.

Be careful, everyone.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 29 Mar 2011 13:51

floyd__streete
kieran Be careful as I beleive there could be quite a few in the Reading end this weekend.

Be careful, everyone.

If my view is blocked by a top hat I'll be livid.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 29 Mar 2011 13:53

kieran
brendywendy

Charming indeed.

apart from you obviously m8 :lol:

kieran

by kieran » 29 Mar 2011 14:00

and my kids and wife, dad (deceased), mum, sister nephews, brother in law, sister in laws brother and the guy that lives at the end of the road

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 29 Mar 2011 14:02

and Pam & Ken - thoroughly decent Pompey supporters that I know.