Robbie Savage......

Tad Showbiz

Re: Robbie Savage......

by Tad Showbiz » 05 May 2011 12:45

I won't be there on Saturday unless it pours down with rain in the morning and my cricket match is cancelled so I will have to give him a round of applause at the end of the Football League highlights show.

As others have said on the thread he is one of those annoying modern day attention seeking players but anyone who has made in excess of 600 league appearances deserves a nice round of applause from everyone attending his last game as a professional footballer.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 05 May 2011 12:47

The game where he ended up playing in goal at the Mad Stad was pretty entertaining. I swear Shane Long missed his penalty because he was laughing too much.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 May 2011 13:08

6ft Kerplunk
Hoop Blah He did get quite riled a fews back they the 'your shit, and you welsh as well' taunting.

I had him down as many things but not a grammar pedant.

:lol: :lol:

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 05 May 2011 13:12

He was brilliant value for moeny when he went in goal last season and will get a good round of applause from me.

He is a character that will be missed from football.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 05 May 2011 13:29

Wycombe Royal He is one of those characters that football sorely needs (and another one who will probably now be missed) although I'm not sure he is cut out for radio..........

What, a tiresome, squeaky-voiced smug welsh twat with the worst banter ever and whose broadcasting skills make Mike Parry look like Peter Ustinov?

I'd hope the Reading fans would ignore him Saturday. Sadly, our lot are not sophisticated enough to realise that the thing Savage hates most is to be ignored :roll:

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 05 May 2011 13:39

floyd__streete ......the thing Savage hates most is to be ignored :roll:

That's a fair point and it's well made but nevertheless I will stand and applaud him when he leaves the pitch for the last time.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 May 2011 13:48

floyd__streete
Wycombe Royal He is one of those characters that football sorely needs (and another one who will probably now be missed) although I'm not sure he is cut out for radio..........

What, a tiresome, squeaky-voiced smug welsh twat with the worst banter ever and whose broadcasting skills make Mike Parry look like Peter Ustinov?

I'd hope the Reading fans would ignore him Saturday. Sadly, our lot are not sophisticated enough to realise that the thing Savage hates most is to be ignored :roll:

High praise indeed coming from the Floydster.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 05 May 2011 14:12

I <3 you, Robbie Savage.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 05 May 2011 15:43

floyd__streete

I quite like him as a player but I have to agree that he's a bit of a tool. Dire on 606, just listened to his interview on BBC says he was 'unstoppable' at Bham and Blackburn, if he'd been in his prime at Derby he'd have been one of their greats. That's a bit strong to say that about yourself!! Would have said he was an honest tryer in his best days in the Prem, if anything he's more of a footballer now his legs have gone and he can't charge around headlessly. Having been pretty much universally disliked and playing poorly, to being farmed out on loan at Brighton, a good season at aged 36 and saying you'd have been one of their best ever players had he been there earlier, is definitely a bit rich!

although he had a pop at people on messageboards as well and that's always valid. :lol: 8)

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 05 May 2011 15:55

"Hes had a stellar career for his lack of talent" winds hiim up so much he comes up with trying to be arrgoant about how great he is.

I think it would be a fantastic gesture and tribute, given all the stick this man has got in his career, for him to realise that is was only part of the game. Cheering him off the pitch would be a great end to his career and, in a dead rubber match, I think it'll happen and be good for RFC.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 05 May 2011 16:28

floyd__streete

I, too, find the human race tedious.

Maybe we can be friends?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 05 May 2011 16:43

Loved the rang up the local BBC radio last year after they slated him and the team after a performance

Also love him on twitter

So it's a thumbs up from moi

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 05 May 2011 17:21

His time in goal last year was one of the highlights of the season.

(For those sitting behind him in the North Stand) :lol:

ruprecht

by ruprecht » 05 May 2011 19:30

I <3 you, Robbie Savage.

I always thought a <3 was to symbolise a cock and balls. I now understand its true meaning and must admit it has made a lot of other posts make a bit more sense.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 05 May 2011 19:42

RobRoyal Yeah, I think I agree with most on here - I once disliked him, but on the radio he comes across like a pretty good guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. Decent player, too.

Won't be there myself on saturday but I think it would reflect well on us if he got a good send off from the home fans.

This. The advantage he has on the radio compared to other pundits when talking about the Championship is that he's still playing regularly, which gives his opinion more weight. Plus his comments on "Bibotelli" before that Europa League game contriubuted to the enjoyment of it all.

I'll applaud him on Sat.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 05 May 2011 19:49

Snowball Whole-hearted player and I LOVED what he did to Taraabt.

For that alone deserves a knighthood.

Applaud him!

'Greed. Watching him wind up Taraabt with a smile on his face was good value.
He deserves a good send-off.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 05 May 2011 20:05

floyd__streete

The Floydster in pop at the Welsh shocker.

GreaterTorontoRoyal

by GreaterTorontoRoyal » 05 May 2011 20:08

Give him a microphone and see how long it takes for him to mention that he played for Man Utd. Although I will say that he is a balanced man and was rightly defensive of Green after the WC incident and he is quite well balanced when it comes to football and the right course of action.
Give him a free pair of Chinos or something and a fake tan as a gift?

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 05 May 2011 20:08

floyd__streete

In a thread that had shown the fairness and footballing knowledge of Reading fans to respect the achievements of a player who has made 600 apps you still manage to slate the player in question, a commentator and Reading fans in general.

Tis a sad world you live in.

Yes he is a bit of a tit, but more fool anyone for taking him too seriously. At least he has a bit of personality and i've never heard about him in drunken brawls or roasting sessions.

I echo the sentiments of others and will give him a round of applause.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 05 May 2011 23:57

Whether people like him or hate him - i think a round of applause when he leaves the pitch would be the most honourable thing to do. We, as a club, have no problem with him and at the weekend we represent Reading FC