Who's going to win the play-offs?

120 posts

Who do you think will win the play-offs?

Poll ended at 12 May 2011 21:58
Cardiff
8%
Forest
14%
Reading
45%
Swansea
33%

Total votes: 168
Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Who's going to win the play-offs?

by Man Friday » 07 May 2011 21:58

Virtually impossible but using your head rather than your heart who do you think will win the play-offs? My own hunch is Forest. They're coming good at the moment and I just regard them as a strong outfit

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Who's going to win the play-offs?

by SouthDownsRoyal » 07 May 2011 22:54

How many variations on a theme can we get?

TENUOUS.

Mr. Reading

by Mr. Reading » 07 May 2011 23:09

I voted for everyone.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 07 May 2011 23:22

Swansea

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 07 May 2011 23:24

I don't really mind because basically I think football is the winner

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 08 May 2011 01:03

Swansea.

Please be anyone by Cardiff.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 May 2011 15:07

I've narrowed it down to four clubs.

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 08 May 2011 15:10

Can we have a poll as to how many play-off threads we will have by Friday?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 May 2011 15:13

Hope its us. If not then I hope Cardiff or Swansea. I hate Billy Davies. He really is revolting plus his team are the biggest bunch of time-wasters I've ever seen at the Madejski. Anyone but Forest for me but I'm afraid I can't see past them winning the play-offs.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 May 2011 16:39

Well, pardon me for saying like, but shouldn't we all be saying WE will win the play-offs? If we don't have the optimism to think we could win, what is the point of the players even bothering to turn up on Friday and Tuesday? :evil:

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 08 May 2011 16:47

Royal Lady Well, pardon me for saying like, but shouldn't we all be saying WE will win the play-offs? If we don't have the optimism to think we could win, what is the point of the players even bothering to turn up on Friday and Tuesday? :evil:

what she said

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 May 2011 16:57

Royal Lady Well, pardon me for saying like, but shouldn't we all be saying WE will win the play-offs? If we don't have the optimism to think we could win, what is the point of the players even bothering to turn up on Friday and Tuesday? :evil:

We have a 1 in 4 chance of going up. I have hope but am not overly confident. The Walsall play-off saw to that as did Burnley. I thought we would beat both. Bolton was a little different as finishing second that season was way above my expectations and I saw Wolves as a 50/50.
I'm usually optimistic regarding Reading games but the play-offs have painful memories so I try not to get too expectant.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 May 2011 17:03

Yeah, but to be fair, no-one has a clue who is actually going to win them, so surely we should be anticipating that it's us?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 May 2011 17:13

Royal Lady Yeah, but to be fair, no-one has a clue who is actually going to win them, so surely we should be anticipating that it's us?

Thats the point though. No-one knows whats going to happen. The positive is that under McDermott we are a good cup-team and that helps...the down-side is I don't enjoy the play-offs :evil:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 May 2011 17:21

PEARCEY
Royal Lady Yeah, but to be fair, no-one has a clue who is actually going to win them, so surely we should be anticipating that it's us?

Thats the point though. No-one knows whats going to happen. The positive is that under McDermott we are a good cup-team and that helps...the down-side is I don't enjoy the play-offs :evil:
Why you posting on the Cardiff City equivalent of this btw - is it just for the play-offs or are they your second team - and don't go giving away any info on Kebe ffs. :evil:

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 May 2011 17:27

I started posting on there on matters relating to Welsh rugby and didn't get involved in matters relating to Cardiff City.....until our run of 8 wins which prompted a lot of Reading threads on their board. I started to post responses on those threads. It corresponded with my having a break from HNA because I had become sick and tired of the anti Welsh stuff on here.
Are Cardiff my second team? Probably although I like Swansea as well.
As for Kebe being fit God knows.
Just to be clear I am a Reading fan and always will be. Just to add they are, in general, far more positive in their comments about Reading than nobbers are about Cardiff.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 May 2011 18:24

Is there a football fan in the country who are complimentary about Cardiff? They don't exactly make it easy to like them.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 May 2011 18:30

sandman Is there a football fan in the country who are complimentary about Cardiff? They don't exactly make it easy to like them.

They have certainly had their share of thugs in the past although they have improved in this respect. I just think some of the comments about the Welsh being vermin is unnecessary. I won't ask for threads to be locked...freedom of expression and all that but it goes too far in my view.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 May 2011 18:40

sandman Is there a football fan in the country who are complimentary about Cardiff? They don't exactly make it easy to like them.

As with Millwall and Leeds it is difficult to just forget the trouble that their fans have caused over the years and in Cardiff's case it was unforgivable when some of their fans threw bricks and stones randomly at our supporters leaving the Mad Stad a few years ago-I got into a row with a copper who wouldn't lend me his riot shield and yet my daughter was having to dodge missiles being thrown without any such protection.
Also of course visits to Ninian Park were not for the faint-hearted.
For those reasons alone I just can't wish them well and if they were promoted I would hope that somebody might create a new Premier League record and beat them 10-0 and that they get relegated with the lowest ever points and that we pass them on the way up.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 May 2011 18:52

We were hardly played off the park at home to Swansea and lost 1-0.

They edge it down there, but we really should have drawn.

In both games we did not have L-Wood, and we are clearly better with him playing.

I think Forest are a big threat but we threw away our win at home (Fed's mistake) and won at their place.

So, at worst, we are fairly even, fifty-fifty, too close to call with that pair.

As for Cardiff.They have out and out match-winning players, especially Bellamy, but I think they are not mentally strong.

And they got lucky at our place 1-1 with the phantom goal.

They got double-lucky at their place. First Federici gifted them a goal (worried, me?) and then they equalised in the 97th minute after a dubious free-kick.

Again it's 50-50 or fractionally in our favour.

I see the bookies (nothing in it) are:

3.50 Swansea
3.75 Reading
3.75 Cardiff
4.00 Forest

120 posts