Absolute disgarce

192 posts
Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

Re: Absolute disgarce

by Svlad Cjelli » 16 May 2011 20:58

Blue_White_Blood What a load of rubbish!!! its a football game, it happens put up with it or don't come and watch, simple!!!

By that logic, throwing bananas and making monkey noises at black players is perectly acceptable.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 16 May 2011 21:06

Excellent, Ill make sure I pop down the market before setting off to the game tomorrow night then!

cliffroyal

by cliffroyal » 16 May 2011 21:29

The Glory Days
cliffroyal Well i sit or rather should say stand with The Cap...... and we looked at each other in total shock of what we were listening to.... i don't want to be associated with fans that think its on to sing/chant such stuff! We are the first to get up and give some banter towards the away fans...... it was a shame, as other than that, it was a great atmosphere to be involved in last night.

Then go watch another team ... any team in the country? Oh wait you will hear more of that. Worse things are shouted all over the country from united singing about Bill Shankly to Liverpool singing about the Busby babes dying! It happens. Too many of the Reading fans are prawn sandwich brigade. Get off your high horses ! It's fine to sing about stabbing Swindon fans but to say somebody is a paedo :shock: oh dearyy

now why would i want to watch another team after watching my hometown team for 30 years...... i don't care what i would hear in another ground! we are just making the point that this sort of 'chant' is not on....in our opinion. Now if you think it is fine ....than thats upto you....... but dont go telling me to go and watch another team!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 16 May 2011 21:41

who are ya? Excellent, Ill make sure I pop down the market before setting off to the game tomorrow night then!

No live sheep please. :shock:

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 16 May 2011 22:28

I'd look too much like a pimp walking around the ground with live sheep so that's a no no.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 16 May 2011 22:35

Royal Lady
The Glory Days
cliffroyal Well i sit or rather should say stand with The Cap...... and we looked at each other in total shock of what we were listening to.... i don't want to be associated with fans that think its on to sing/chant such stuff! We are the first to get up and give some banter towards the away fans...... it was a shame, as other than that, it was a great atmosphere to be involved in last night.

Then go watch another team ... any team in the country? Oh wait you will hear more of that. Worse things are shouted all over the country from united singing about Bill Shankly to Liverpool singing about the Busby babes dying! It happens. Too many of the Reading fans are prawn sandwich brigade. Get off your high horses ! It's fine to sing about stabbing Swindon fans but to say somebody is a paedo :shock: oh dearyy

You really don't get it do you?
I'm surprised you didn't think to taunt Halsey about his cancer battle as well.
Fecking idiots. :evil:

I heard someone shout "I hope you have a relapse" after yet another poor decision from MH.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 16 May 2011 22:36

Amongst the sheep I had a ticket in Y25 and could plainly hear the singing as they were all singing it around me, it ranks alongside the stabbing of Swindon fans song as being totally inappropriate. The majority of these so called fans spent most of the game gesticulating and looking at the Cardiff fans. Cardiff had their own who did the same thing. I'm all for banter and supporting your team but some people seem unable to grasp the boundaries of this.

Hello - have you never been to the Madejski before? What did you expect from sitting in Y25, a group of picnic eating plastics who would sit there silently and polite clap the players on and off the pitch?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 16 May 2011 22:36

Amongst the sheep I had a ticket in Y25 and could plainly hear the singing as they were all singing it around me, it ranks alongside the stabbing of Swindon fans song as being totally inappropriate. The majority of these so called fans spent most of the game gesticulating and looking at the Cardiff fans. Cardiff had their own who did the same thing. I'm all for banter and supporting your team but some people seem unable to grasp the boundaries of this.
PS - we hate the Swindon, so we staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaab em

biscuitman

by biscuitman » 16 May 2011 22:41

I had a ticket in Y25 and could plainly hear the singing as they were all singing it around me, it ranks alongside the stabbing of Swindon fans song as being totally inappropriate. The majority of these so called fans spent most of the game gesticulating and looking at the Cardiff fans. Cardiff had their own who did the same thing. I'm all for banter and supporting your team but some people seem unable to grasp the boundaries of this.

You know people in Y25 don't actually go out and stab Swindon supporters? The majority of the fans you are talking about like me actually sing, stand and support their team. Go in North stand next time?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 May 2011 23:45

biscuitman You know people in Y25 don't actually go out and stab Swindon supporters?

Because they're plastics.

(only a really funny joke)

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 16 May 2011 23:53

http://www.sickipedia.org

For the Reading fan who thinks we all live in a bubble.

Blue_White_Blood

by Blue_White_Blood » 17 May 2011 01:24

Svlad Cjelli
Blue_White_Blood What a load of rubbish!!! its a football game, it happens put up with it or don't come and watch, simple!!!

By that logic, throwing bananas and making monkey noises at black players is perectly acceptable.

I'm not saying it is acceptable, I am saying that if people do not want to hear bad language and offensive songs/chants then don't go to a football game where it is going to happen! Quite simple really!

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 17 May 2011 05:15

If you don't challenge something, then you accept it, whether tacitly or explicitly.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 17 May 2011 07:58

Blue_White_Blood
Svlad Cjelli

I'm not saying it is acceptable, I am saying that if people do not want to hear bad language and offensive songs/chants then don't go to a football game where it is going to happen! Quite simple really!

Bad languague and offensive songs/chants are two very different things.

And saying that the latter happens anyway even though it's unacceptable is a real coward's cop out. Do you have no personal responsibility?

Amongst the sheep

by Amongst the sheep » 17 May 2011 08:08

Big Foot

Hello - have you never been to the Madejski before? What did you expect from sitting in Y25, a group of picnic eating plastics who would sit there silently and polite clap the players on and off the pitch?

Ha Ha where did it say that I didn't like loud vocal support of my team? I am passionate about my club and would prefer that supporters stand up and give their all but sometimes this can go too far. This does not make me a prawn loving plastic and I am anything but polite.

bobbybottler
Hob Nob Regular

by bobbybottler » 17 May 2011 08:12

Svlad Cjelli throwing bananas and making monkey noises at black players is perfectly acceptable.

This isn't what I wanted to read when I joined the FSF

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 May 2011 08:45

bobbybottler
Svlad Cjelli throwing bananas and making monkey noises at black players is perfectly acceptable.

This isn't what I wanted to read when I joined the FSF

:lol:

I can swear like a trooper and often do, but I draw the line at chanting to someone about something for which they were not guilty of. However, I HAVE been known to chant at Marlon King and Clive Walker. :oops:

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 May 2011 09:14

The paedo chant was a disgrace, yes.

But sometimes our boys do come up with classics.

Like when we chanted "Rufus is a dog's name" over and over and "Old McDonald had a farm" over and over and poor old Rufus was so affected he played pants and had to be substituted. When was that again? Oh it was the southbank, sorry.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 17 May 2011 09:33

2 world wars, 1 world cup The paedo chant was a disgrace, yes.

But sometimes our boys do come up with classics.

Like when we chanted "Rufus is a dog's name" over and over and "Old McDonald had a farm" over and over and poor old Rufus was so affected he played pants and had to be substituted. When was that again? Oh it was the southbank, sorry.

WE ALL GET THE POINT. YOU STARTED SONGS BACK AT ELM PARK. WELL DONE.

Blue_White_Blood

by Blue_White_Blood » 17 May 2011 11:16

I'm not saying it is acceptable, I am saying that if people do not want to hear bad language and offensive songs/chants then don't go to a football game where it is going to happen! Quite simple really![/quote]

Bad languague and offensive songs/chants are two very different things.

And saying that the latter happens anyway even though it's unacceptable is a real coward's cop out. Do you have no personal responsibility?[/quote]

Now I ain't no "cop out" personally I never sing racists chants but I will sing other songs that may offend people yes ill admit I do, but when people sing racists chants etc im not offended by it because i know it is going to happen!!!

If you don't want to get offended then don't go to a football match where it is likely you will get offended by what someone says!!

192 posts