Bellamy, Kebe and Robson-Kanu injury updates

129 posts
Z175
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Bellamy, Kebe and Robson-Kanu injury updates

by Z175 » 16 May 2011 17:53

I like Jobi. I think he does a lot for the team defensively, so is quite far back when we try to create.
He is very good on the ball and can make things happen. However he invariably does the wrong thing, be it pass, shoot or dribble, so can be frustrating. That said hes a very good player - if he made the right decisions he would be in the premierleague.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 May 2011 17:57

...if Friday was anything to go by....hes a lazy "can't be bothered a*se"....hes a journeyman and its easy to see why....when he can be bothered he can do things, but when he can be bothered isnt enough, when everyone else around him are busting their guts.....

...if he left the club tomorrow we wouldnt be any less of a team imho ....[/quote]

An absolutely staggering assessment of McAnuff! Suggest you watch the game again but this time with your eyes open! Give me some examples of where he was lazy because I can give plenty to counter that accusation. Mind you, perhaps he deliberately got himself booked trying desperately to win the ball, knowing that if he then kept challenging for possession he could get himself sent off and have a rest!

I suspect this criticism comes from the same school of thought that criticised the likes of Caskey and Marek (Stuart Beavon too for the old timers)for being lazy and not caring either. Much better have someone far less talented who will look like he really cares and is working really hard due to that lack of talent!

You need to take your rose tinted specs off...do you honestly think McAnuff played well on Friday ????? ...if so you are easily pleased...as I said 6 clubs seemed happy to get shot of him :shock:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 May 2011 18:05

Z175 I like Jobi. I think he does a lot for the team defensively, so is quite far back when we try to create.
He is very good on the ball and can make things happen. However he invariably does the wrong thing, be it pass, shoot or dribble, so can be frustrating. That said hes a very good player - if he made the right decisions he would be in the premierleague.

Agree except the wrong decisions. His shooting could do with improvement though. He'd do better for us if we actually played a passing game.

Summed up in the first leg, when we gained possession at the back, not under a great deal of pressure and rather than anyone looking to lose their man or drop deep to find some space, all four attacking players (jobi included tbf) just ran up the pitch with their marker, waiting for the hoof.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 16 May 2011 18:06

DOYLERSAROYALER ...if Friday was anything to go by....hes a lazy "can't be bothered a*se"....hes a journeyman and its easy to see why....when he can be bothered he can do things, but when he can be bothered isnt enough, when everyone else around him are busting their guts.....

...if he left the club tomorrow we wouldnt be any less of a team imho ....

An absolutely staggering assessment of McAnuff! Suggest you watch the game again but this time with your eyes open! Give me some examples of where he was lazy because I can give plenty to counter that accusation. Mind you, perhaps he deliberately got himself booked trying desperately to win the ball, knowing that if he then kept challenging for possession he could get himself sent off and have a rest!

I suspect this criticism comes from the same school of thought that criticised the likes of Caskey and Marek (Stuart Beavon too for the old timers)for being lazy and not caring either. Much better have someone far less talented who will look like he really cares and is working really hard due to that lack of talent!

You need to take your rose tinted specs off...do you honestly think McAnuff played well on Friday ????? ...if so you are easily pleased...as I said 6 clubs seemed happy to get shot of him :shock:[/quote]

I should imagine there are plenty of clubs(championship level)that would love to have a jobi.Stop oxf*rd moaning and support the players in the team you support.You will soon change your tune if he pops up with a winnner 2moro nite

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 May 2011 18:45

super darren caskey
DOYLERSAROYALER ...if Friday was anything to go by....hes a lazy "can't be bothered a*se"....hes a journeyman and its easy to see why....when he can be bothered he can do things, but when he can be bothered isnt enough, when everyone else around him are busting their guts.....

...if he left the club tomorrow we wouldnt be any less of a team imho ....

You need to take your rose tinted specs off...do you honestly think McAnuff played well on Friday ????? ...if so you are easily pleased...as I said 6 clubs seemed happy to get shot of him :shock:

I should imagine there are plenty of clubs(championship level)that would love to have a jobi.Stop oxf*rd moaning and support the players in the team you support.You will soon change your tune if he pops up with a winnner 2moro nite[/quote].........

...........he won't.....

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 16 May 2011 19:11

Bellamy looks like he's starting now according to the Cardiff messageboard as his scan has showed no damage to his hamstring.
We could do with some good news about Kebe. His injury seems to be taking ages to clear up.
Last edited by PEARCEY on 16 May 2011 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 16 May 2011 19:55

super darren caskey Dunno what peoples problem is with jobi as i think hes a class player.He has his off games just like all of the players in the team.That is all

The issue I have with McAnuff, and those that sit around me, is he delivers far less than his talent suggests. He is naturally talented in fact I would say one of the most naturally gifted in the squad, but on occasion his attitude betrays it. And thats why he's so annoying.

Reading these forums, McAnuff is one of the most polarising players in the squad, but his talent means this shouldn't be the case.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 May 2011 20:33

The problem with Mcanuff is that he flatters to decieve.

He creates far less than he should considering the positions he gets himself into.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 16 May 2011 22:24

Maguire If Bellamy felt his hamstring badly enough to go off after 16mins then I think it's unlikely that he'll play on Tuesday. Four days isn't really enough time. I guess they might risk him but with pace players like that you're taking a hell of a chance as the hamstring is so susceptible to injury.

Big boost for Reading if he's out.

It might be a big boost if he is in and not 100%. Or if he starts and they have to waste a sub in the first 20 minutes again.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 17 May 2011 08:41

PEARCEY Bellamy looks like he's starting now according to the Cardiff messageboard as his scan has showed no damage to his hamstring.
We could do with some good news about Kebe. His injury seems to be taking ages to clear up.

Good spot. Well its bad really. Let's hope he goes off again.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 May 2011 09:04

PEARCEY Bellamy looks like he's starting now according to the Cardiff messageboard as his scan has showed no damage to his hamstring.

So Bellamy starts and we'll probably have Kebe on the bench and HRK start.

TBH I'd rather Kebe was on the bench and came on late second half after all this time out. He's not one to play well when partial fit.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 17 May 2011 09:12

seahawk10
Maguire If Bellamy felt his hamstring badly enough to go off after 16mins then I think it's unlikely that he'll play on Tuesday. Four days isn't really enough time. I guess they might risk him but with pace players like that you're taking a hell of a chance as the hamstring is so susceptible to injury.

Big boost for Reading if he's out.

It might be a big boost if he is in and not 100%. Or if he starts and they have to waste a sub in the first 20 minutes again.

Was thinking that this morning Seahawk whilst listening to Ady Williams on the radio. Would be awesome for Bellamy to pull up lame after 10mins however I stick to my assertion above that I don't think he'll be risked from the start.

I'm actually not a fan of playing footballers unless they're 100% as top level games are decided by such fine margins. Gareth Barry in the World Cup for example - I don't care if he fits into your game plan, if he's not fit he shouldn't play or else he'll eg. have Ozil jog past him to set up a goal.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 17 May 2011 09:20

I find it amazing that a player such as Bellamy, that relies so heavily on pace over the first couple of yards, can pull up after 17 minutes of a game on Friday and be fit for the game on Tuesday. The scan may not show anything but there was clearly something not right.

I can't for a minute imagine he is 100% fit and even if he is, how many times does a player come back too soon and ends up over compensating and suffers a further injury.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 17 May 2011 10:45

Bellamy lasted only 17 minutes as the first leg finished in a 0-0 draw and Verheijen, who is also Wales' assistant manager, suggested a congested fixture list had played its part.

Verheijen's earlier tweets included: "All season we have stuck to the 'one-game-per-week' principle as this approach has kept CB [Bellamy] injury-free for almost two seasons already. "In last month CB played three games in seven days followed by two games in three days and two games in five days. We're collectively responsible for this gamble. "Thankfully, CB survived these seven games in only 28 days without any injury. So, now it's decision time tomorrow. Another interesting dilemma."

I think he will be on the bench. They need him for the final so why risk him unless losing?

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 17 May 2011 13:05

I think Cardiff's primary objective on Friday was not too lose. They may well have withdrawn Bellamy early having started well and not wanting to risk further injury to completely rule him out of tonight and/or Wembley. So, I favour Dirker's view of the substitution and fully expect him to play at least some part tonight.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 17 May 2011 13:12

The Surgeon of Crowthorne They may well have withdrawn Bellamy early having started well and not wanting to risk further injury to completely rule him out of tonight and/or Wembley.

Bellamy withdrew himself, the manager had nothing to do with it. He made the substitution signal to the bench within seconds of him pulling up.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 May 2011 13:23

I'm hoping it's all mind games and Bellamy doesn't feature at all, but Jimmy is on the team sheet!

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 17 May 2011 13:57

Kebe's just been confirmed as fit.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 17 May 2011 14:00

rfcjoe Kebe's just been confirmed as fit.

Where did you hear this? awesome if true...

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 17 May 2011 14:01

A girl on my Facebook said he's fit.

129 posts