Bellamy, Kebe and Robson-Kanu injury updates

129 posts
rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Bellamy, Kebe and Robson-Kanu injury updates

by rfcjoe » 16 May 2011 12:39

ZacNaloen Mcanuff has been shit for weeks

Got to agree there tbh. Not so much shit, just alot less affective.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 May 2011 12:40

Well yeh, he's just not managed to create much of... anything.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 May 2011 12:53

ZacNaloen Well yeh, he's just not managed to create much of... anything.

You didn't see Sheff Utd at home.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 16 May 2011 12:56

Hmm yes, I totally missed that game where we dominated for 20 minutes and then everyone collectively decided they couldn't be bothered anymore.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 16 May 2011 12:58

I think Church played on the wing away at Swansea and had a decent enough game - certainly remember him putting some good balls in the box from corners that day so he's got a cross on him.

Personally, I'd rather go 4-3-3 like we did vs Cardiff at home. They shat it that night everytime Long, Hunt or Church ran at them. However, with more to play for in this game rather than the league game I think Brian's likely to go for a 4-5-1.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 May 2011 13:09

ZacNaloen Hmm yes, I totally missed that game where we dominated for 20 minutes and then everyone collectively decided they couldn't be bothered anymore.

Fair enough. Well, in that game McAnuff was back to his old self and terrorised their defence resulting in a 2-0 lead. Then as you say "everyone collectively" switched off so can't fault Jobi there.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 May 2011 13:10

Have to say, we could do a lot worse than bring Bryn in, as someone has already suggested. I know he wasn't on the wing against Everton but the man was immense that day.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 16 May 2011 13:19

If Kebe and Robson-Kanu don't make, i'd rather go for a decent player playing out of position (Tabb or Gunnarsson) than a crap player playing in position (Antonio).

Personally, I'd go for the first two ahead of Robson-Kanu even if he's fit.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 May 2011 13:34

Ian Royal

Not the case

...if Friday was anything to go by....hes a lazy "can't be bothered a*se"....hes a journeyman and its easy to see why....when he can be bothered he can do things, but when he can be bothered isnt enough, when everyone else around him are busting their guts.....

...if he left the club tomorrow we wouldnt be any less of a team imho ....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 May 2011 13:41

See, I don't understand this mentality. If he busts a gut with the rest of his team mates, chances are they get a play off final - do the same in the final, they're in the Prem. Even if the team don't get through, he's put himself out there to be seen and snapped up by a better club. So, I suppose he must just be happy with the wages he's getting and not really keen to advance his career - which I really don't understand. :|

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 May 2011 14:09

Which is probably why it's bullshit to suggest he's not trying his hardest.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 16 May 2011 14:44

Schards#2 If Kebe and Robson-Kanu don't make, i'd rather go for a decent player playing out of position (Tabb or Gunnarsson) than a crap player playing in position (Antonio).

Personally, I'd go for the first two ahead of Robson-Kanu even if he's fit.

I'm no fan of HRK but I have to say he looked our most dangerous player on Friday.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 May 2011 14:51

Royal Rother Which is probably why it's bullshit to suggest he's not trying his hardest.

Well if thats his hardest.....then its time for HRK to be his permanent replacement ....JM he plays when he wants to play, and if he doesnt feel like it, then he chills out on the pitch ....note the number of clubs hes been at , and all willing to sell on....just hope Reading do the same in the summer.....

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 16 May 2011 14:56

Sometimes trying too hard is a lot worse than not trying enough.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 16 May 2011 15:14

Svlad Cjelli Sometimes trying too hard is a lot worse than not trying enough.

so where does that position McAnuff in this discussion?...at the end of the day - he currently doesnt do enough for the the team beit not trying hard or trying enough ..imho

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 16 May 2011 16:38

DOYLERSAROYALER
Ian Royal

Not the case

...if Friday was anything to go by....hes a lazy "can't be bothered a*se"....hes a journeyman and its easy to see why....when he can be bothered he can do things, but when he can be bothered isnt enough, when everyone else around him are busting their guts.....

Sitting lower West just north of halfway on Friday, I got a good view of Harte and McAnuff 2nd half, and McAnuff did absolutely f*ck all tracking back. Harte was doing the majority of the donkey work. McAnuff will try a few stepovers, pass, give it away then amble back time and time again.

Made me realise how well Harte can read the game. He ain't the quickest, but he was there motoring up and down the left wing or inside left channel. McAnuff spent most of the time strutting about.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 May 2011 16:45

NR_Royal PLEASE NOT ANTONIO. :evil:

:roll: like HRK has been perfect and not given reason for the slightest criticism when he's played. Rather Antonio than sticking Hunt out there.

Anyway I presume he's injured as well seeing as he wasn't on the bench on Friday and would have been the obvious move when HRK went off.

Only other thought, Church's best game for us is still the 45 minutes he got on the right wing v Burnley two years ago.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 16 May 2011 17:05

Wales Online says of Bellamy...

CARDIFF CITY will make an eleventh hour call on Craig Belamy's fitness ahead of tomorrow night's crunch play-off semi-final second leg against Reading.

Bellamy is a major doubt after limping out of Friday night's first leg with a hamstring problem.

Wales assistant manager Raymond Verheijen, the fitness guru whose expertise has been credited with getting the best out of Bellamy’s battered body, offered some hope via twitter after the match, saying: “Although Tuesday is still a question mark, it looks like a lucky escape."

And now boss Dave Jones has insisted the club will leave it as late as possible before making a decision on the talsimatic skipper's availabilty.

"We'll leave it as late as possible, he's still got a chance," Jones said.

"We've got niggles in the camp and he came off and we brought him off as quickly as possible so we'll see.

"Whether he plays will be down to the individual. You've got to be sensible, if you think you can give a performance then you go with it.

"If you don't then you've got to be honest enough to say I don't think it's right, then you give someone else an opportunity. That's what you have a big squad for."

Tom Heaton also remains a doubt with a groin injury, with Stephen Bywater likely to continue in goal.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 May 2011 17:41

DOYLERSAROYALER
Ian Royal

Not the case

An absolutely staggering assessment of McAnuff! Suggest you watch the game again but this time with your eyes open! Give me some examples of where he was lazy because I can give plenty to counter that accusation. Mind you, perhaps he deliberately got himself booked trying desperately to win the ball, knowing that if he then kept challenging for possession he could get himself sent off and have a rest!

I suspect this criticism comes from the same school of thought that criticised the likes of Caskey and Marek (Stuart Beavon too for the old timers)for being lazy and not caring either. Much better have someone far less talented who will look like he really cares and is working really hard due to that lack of talent!

CayeneMatt Sitting lower West just north of halfway on Friday, I got a good view of Harte and McAnuff 2nd half, and McAnuff did absolutely f*ck all tracking back. Harte was doing the majority of the donkey work. McAnuff will try a few stepovers, pass, give it away then amble back time and time again.

Funny how he got what was probably his last warning from the ref after tracking back and committing a foul as he challenged for possession in front of the West Stand.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 16 May 2011 17:51

Dunno what peoples problem is with jobi as i think hes a class player.He has his off games just like all of the players in the team.That is all

129 posts