Official: Adam Le Fondre signs for Reading

484 posts
M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Official: Adam Le Fondre signs for Reading

by M-U-R-T-Y » 06 Sep 2011 12:45

I hope he can guarantee goals as much as Sky Sports can't guarantee accurate spelling.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11673_7142271,00.html

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 06 Sep 2011 12:46

roadrunner I want Le Fondle in that box waiting for any tit bits he can get his foot on the end of!

That might be the problem as his chances could be minimal given the lack of creativity displayed in our last lot of matches

Croydon Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Croydon Royal » 06 Sep 2011 12:50

Big Foot
roadrunner I want Le Fondle in that box waiting for any tit bits he can get his foot on the end of!

That might be the problem as his chances could be minimal given the lack of creativity displayed in our last lot of matches

I know you're not exactly his biggest fan, but now we have a player like Le Fondre up front, what about bringing McAnuff into the middle to partner Leigertwood, with Kebe and Robson-Kanu on the wings? Should give us a little bit more creativity in the middle, will mean we now have a captain who isn't stuck out wide, and also will allow us to have a left winger that can kick with his left foot!

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 06 Sep 2011 12:52

Big Foot

Agreed. Style of play has to change. The defence needs to be more composed and start feeding the ball to feet either to the middle or out wide. Make use of the wingers. We've got some of the best wingers in this league and they constantly go missing because of the lump it style we use. Uber waste.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 06 Sep 2011 13:19

Croydon Royal
Big Foot

I know you're not exactly his biggest fan, but now we have a player like Le Fondre up front, what about bringing McAnuff into the middle to partner Leigertwood, with Kebe and Robson-Kanu on the wings? Should give us a little bit more creativity in the middle, will mean we now have a captain who isn't stuck out wide, and also will allow us to have a left winger that can kick with his left foot!
I'd be happy with that + Karacan at Right Back

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 06 Sep 2011 13:29

Croydon Royal
Big Foot

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108913&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Sep 2011 14:35

Big Foot I'd be happy with that + Karacan at Right Back

What's with this? Cummings would be far better at RB. And the sooner people realise that we will only ever play with two solid CMs while we focus our attacks out wide the better.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 06 Sep 2011 16:41

Terminal Boardom

What's with this? Cummings would be far better at RB. And the sooner people realise that we will only ever play with two solid CMs while we focus our attacks out wide the better.

Put Cummings at LB

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Sep 2011 17:01

Big Foot

You mean Hull & possibly Pompey.

Plenty of chances against Leicester, Barnsley & Millwall.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 06 Sep 2011 17:27

Terminal Boardom

Karacan and Leighter gives us no creativity. So sticking Kara at RB and Cummings at LB may solve this

JimmytheJim

by JimmytheJim » 06 Sep 2011 17:32

loyalroyal4life
Terminal Boardom

Karacan and Leighter gives us no creativity. So sticking Kara at RB and Cummings at LB may solve this

with kebe and hunt as centre backs

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Sep 2011 17:36

Cummings is a full back and did fine at Left back last season. Karacan fits the bill as a full back nicely and has done well when he's played there. He's pacey, fairly skillful, can cross, is determined and can tackle.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 07 Sep 2011 11:30

Ian Royal Cummings is a full back and did fine at Left back last season. Karacan fits the bill as a full back nicely and has done well when he's played there. He's pacey, fairly skillful, can cross, is determined and can tackle.

So am I but I'm shot at right back. Leave Karacan where he is. He's been better than Leigertwood this season, so you're arguably weakening the midfield by removing Karacan.

Cummings to come in at right back and you give Mills a run at left back. He can't be worse than Harte and needs a chance to prove himself.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 07 Sep 2011 17:34

Ferris 50/1 to be top scorer in the Champ this season. Worth an e/w bet.

I got a £10 free bet online the other day. Given that you don't get the stake back with any returns, and that it didn't really feel like my money, I lumped it on Le Fondre top scorer 50/1!

I'm definately a glass half full type of guy! 8)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Sep 2011 17:38

Cobi
Ian Royal Cummings is a full back and did fine at Left back last season. Karacan fits the bill as a full back nicely and has done well when he's played there. He's pacey, fairly skillful, can cross, is determined and can tackle.

So am I but I'm shot at right back. Leave Karacan where he is. He's been better than Leigertwood this season, so you're arguably weakening the midfield by removing Karacan.

Cummings to come in at right back and you give Mills a run at left back. He can't be worse than Harte and needs a chance to prove himself.

Happy with Cummings & Mills, but Karacan shifting as an experiment would allow us to continue to play him & Legs, and two upfront and bring more creativity into the middle. Something to bear in mind.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 07 Sep 2011 20:53

Karacan has looked quite frustrated during his times at right back. He wants to be in the thick of the action and driving things forward. I'm not sure he'd have the discipline to operate at right back for any significant time. You'd also ne nullifying his main strength of covering so much ground from the middle of the pitch.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Apr 2012 09:54

Another £350k on the way to Rotherham apparently for us gaining promotion........

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 19 Apr 2012 09:59

Wycombe Royal Another £350k on the way to Rotherham apparently for us gaining promotion........

Rip off :lol:

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 19 Apr 2012 10:02

No doubt Hereford get something for Manset too?!

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 19 Apr 2012 13:30

Wycombe Royal Another £350k on the way to Rotherham apparently for us gaining promotion........

worth it! Leeds & Saints goals alone

484 posts