40%
Pearce
13%
Other
6%

Total votes: 126
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

who do you want as captain?

by WoodleyRoyal » 03 Jul 2011 14:14

With Ivar gone and Mills going, who do you want as Captain?

howser
Hob Nob Regular

Re: who do you want as captain?

by howser » 03 Jul 2011 15:12

Well it can only be someone who is near as damn it guranteed a first team slot, not like last year with Ingi club Capt and Mills Stand-in team Capt.
If he is still here IMHO it has to be Mills, if he has gone then there are only 3 candidates, Jobi, Leigertwood or Griffin, think it might fall on Jobi's arm but personally I would go for Griffin.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 03 Jul 2011 15:19

I'd take Harte personally, put I think it'll be Legeirtwood

Royals-lad14

by Royals-lad14 » 03 Jul 2011 16:47

personally i would like jobi captain and leigterwood vice if not griffin but any one of those 3 would be good captains imo.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 03 Jul 2011 17:19

I'd go for Jobi too.

Having watched him on the pitch talking to others geeing them up when necessary, calming them down also, pulling them away from trouble I think he'd do a good job. Having seen him answer questions and having chatted to him, I'd add that he has a good brain and uses it, I'm not sure that applys to everyone in our team.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 03 Jul 2011 20:42

Royals-lad14 personally i would like jobi captain and leigterwood vice if not griffin but any one of those 3 would be good captains imo.

I'd be a tad concerned about Jobi and Ledge being captain and vice seeing as they're best mates off-the-pitch which might go against the team ethos slightly (though to be honest we have such a good team spirit that it shouldn't affect it too much).

Elm Park Old Boy

by Elm Park Old Boy » 03 Jul 2011 21:08

I would once have said Griffin without hesitation, but something about one or two games, and especially the Play-Off Final, made me uneasy, worried that he's become a bit reckless and lacking in judgement, and maybe for such an experienced player that's a sign of over compensating for waning powers.

So, Jobi or Ledge. I'd love it be Jobi, he seems a rounded character, with a bit more about him than the average footballer. If he stays and is captain I think we could rely on him to do his utmost to get us up this time.

But a slight doubt about his capacity to influence games on a regular basis would for me tip it to Ledge.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 03 Jul 2011 21:42

urz13 I'd take Harte personally, put I think it'll be Legeirtwood

Agree, if Mills goes, I'd make Harte captain. Well respected, should be a guaranteed starter at LB or even CB, and reads the game as well as anyone. Plus he has no ego.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jul 2011 22:06

It would really have to be Mills if he stays, but I think he's a poor choice.

Jobi has proven himself to be an intelligent and influential player so he'd be my first choice. Leigertwood would also be a good choice as he'd be the player organising and pulling strings in the middle of the park.

Pearce is a possible choice, but probably a bit soon for him still. Griffin may well not play enough as he gets another season older and Cummings is waiting in the wings to replace him. Karacan isn't quite steady enough for me. Harte would be an awful choice as he sets such a bad example for how to conduct yourself.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 04 Jul 2011 00:05

Ian Royal It would really have to be Mills if he stays, but I think he's a poor choice.

Jobi has proven himself to be an intelligent and influential player so he'd be my first choice. Leigertwood would also be a good choice as he'd be the player organising and pulling strings in the middle of the park.

Pearce is a possible choice, but probably a bit soon for him still. Griffin may well not play enough as he gets another season older and Cummings is waiting in the wings to replace him. Karacan isn't quite steady enough for me. Harte would be an awful choice as he sets such a bad example for how to conduct yourself.

Leigertwood, he's the best player and has buckets of experience.

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 04 Jul 2011 09:17

A bit like asking if you'd rather be run over by a train, a bus or a lorry.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 04 Jul 2011 09:26

Leigertwood for me; apart from anything else, he is pretty well the only player guaranteed a start.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Jul 2011 10:13

If Mills is to go I'd hope we sign a replacement centre half who has a bit of experience and is a decent player. That replacement might be in with a shout if they're made of the right stuff.

From the current squad I think McAnuff is the one that springs to mind for me.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Jul 2011 14:04

Red A bit like asking if you'd rather be run over by a train, a bus or a lorry.
Can we pick the train, bus or lorry ourselves?

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 04 Jul 2011 14:06

Why not, if only for the spinoff thread potential.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 04 Jul 2011 15:02

Lose Mills and give Long the captaincy with a new contract! :wink:

Very unlikely I know but some players have the ability to raise the level across the whole team and Long could be one of those.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Jul 2011 15:09

howser Well it can only be someone who is near as damn it guranteed a first team slot, not like last year with Ingi club Capt and Mills Stand-in team Capt.

Mills was club captain last season. He captained when partnered with Ívar, he "wrote" the programme notes, his name was on the letters the club sent with poxy vouchers...

I'd give it to Pearce if he's ready, if not, then McAnuff or Legs. Big "no" to Harte, he has the same attitude problems as Mills.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 04 Jul 2011 15:46

For me it has to be Jobi, he's the only one who seems to get behind the boys and pushes them, Lwood to quiet imo

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Jul 2011 17:06

leon
Ian Royal It would really have to be Mills if he stays, but I think he's a poor choice.

Leigertwood, he's the best player and has buckets of experience.

Whilst I realise I'm being a pendantic arse, McAnuff actually has a lot more experience than Legs. Griffin has a little more, including more at a higher level...

I also don't think Legs is clearly our best player, certainly by a big margin anyway, or that should be the main reason behind your choice of captain.

royal67

by royal67 » 04 Jul 2011 17:36

Jobi is the man for the captains armband. He's a great motivator on the pitch and I think that he would really react well to the captaincy. I think you would see far more consistancy from him as a consequence because he would want to lead by example........