Oh, What A Lovely Defecit!

522 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Oh, What A Lovely Defecit!

by floyd__streete » 08 Jul 2011 13:54

Shorey, Kitson, Sonko, Doyle, Bikey, SHunt, Gylfi, Mills.....what is the combined transfer fee recouped on these little beauties? Have I missed any out?

It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the f*cking cemtury......

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

Re: Oh, What A Lovely Defecit!

by Tamworth_Royal » 08 Jul 2011 14:03

floyd__streete Shorey, Kitson, Sonko, Doyle, Bikey, SHunt, Gylfi, Mills.....what is the combined transfer fee recouped on these little beauties? Have I missed any out?

It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the sale of the f*cking cemtury......

Yea the club told us of the £4m hole start of last season then we sell Sigi for £7m have a long cup run and coin it in at the play-offs. Still Reading is a business not a football club, thanks for that Madejski

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jul 2011 14:09

4 million was for this coming season

zummerset

by zummerset » 08 Jul 2011 14:16

Relax.. we are scouring Limerick and Cork for some hot new replacements

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 08 Jul 2011 14:17

brendywendy 4 million was for this coming season

What the feck are you on about ?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 08 Jul 2011 14:20

Anyone else notice the deficit seems to grow in exact correlation with money earned from transfers?

Interesting.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 08 Jul 2011 14:21

Perfect.

I suggest this thread is allowed to become a haven for the miserable tossers.

Tamworth_Royal

by Tamworth_Royal » 08 Jul 2011 14:24

Royal Rother Perfect.

9772 posts and counting

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 08 Jul 2011 14:29

Royal Rother Perfect.

that's a bit of an over reaction.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jul 2011 14:31

Tamworth_Royal

no need to swear you orrible little oik.

the club statements last year, at the time of gylfis sale stated that the black hole of 4 million was for the next season. as in this one.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jul 2011 14:32

Extended-Phenotype Anyone else notice the deficit seems to grow in exact correlation with money earned from transfers?

Interesting.

no. not at all.

& if it was, surely wed have said it was a 7 million black hole.
in fact with all the sales weve made in the last five years, surely wed have to be saying our black hole was 30 million quid.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 08 Jul 2011 14:51

brendywendy
Tamworth_Royal

the club statements last year, at the time of gylfis sale stated that the black hole of 4 million was for the next season. as in this one.

huh? so Gylfi's money covered this year's deficit, but we've still got a deficit, despite just selling another player for over £4 million, so we can't have any money this season either? :|

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 08 Jul 2011 14:52

Expenses are still too high, we'll have a deficit every year until that isn't the case.

Problem is that wage bill is proportional to how well you do in the league... so not having a high wage bill, because the players aren't worth the wages = relegation.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jul 2011 14:55

brendywendy
Tamworth_Royal

Disagree. It was what we'd have lost by the end of last season, as in May 2011. Gylfi's sale covered that and allowed us to sign Harte, Legs & Khiz and then Legs permanently just now. Without reducing our running costs, that leaves a further deficit for this season to be covered as well.

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 08 Jul 2011 15:22

Let's all agree that the club we all love and support and feel passionately about is being run first & foremost as a business which as McD said earlier this week is determined to operate within the black. That's how it is, which is fine as long as the results keep positive and we have something worth watching each week. If it doesn't then it could all turn a bit sour and the chants of 'where's all the money gone' will re-appear....

We're fortunate we have someone like McD who can keep performing miracles with a limited budget and the loss of key players. This model as I've said previously however is not sustainable and it runs with huge risk attached not least the real possibility of the mgr & his staff doing the same as the players amd moving on to forward their potential at some point.

I'm all for the long term future of the club and that's got to be the main objective but we're in a results based business and we all pay large sums of our disposable income to watch our team and like the chairman, expect a return on our investment too!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jul 2011 15:30

Let's all agree that the club we all love and support and feel passionately about is being run first & foremost as a business which as McD said earlier this week is determined to operate within the black. That's how it is, which is fine as long as the results keep positive and we have something worth watching each week. If it doesn't then it could all turn a bit sour and the chants of 'where's all the money gone' will re-appear....

We're fortunate we have someone like McD who can keep performing miracles with a limited budget and the loss of key players.

as soon as it starts being unsuccesful i have every faith inJM acting swiftly, and decisively to put it right again. as he has proven over and again.

we are fortunate to have teh entire management team we have, including JM, NH etc

Rob-Royal

by Rob-Royal » 08 Jul 2011 15:34

brendywendy

We're fortunate we have someone like McD who can keep performing miracles with a limited budget and the loss of key players.

as soon as it starts being unsuccesful i have every faith inJM acting swiftly, and decisively to put it right again. as he has proven over and again.

we are fortunate to have teh entire management team we have, including JM, NH etc

I really hope you are right...let's hope we never have to find out. Although getting another McD may not be so easy....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jul 2011 15:39

like he acted swiftly and decisively after pardew left

like he acted swiftly and decisively to ensure the money was available for rodgers to buy mills etc

like he acted swiftly and deceisively to sack rodgers when it became clear he had lost it.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Jul 2011 15:42

Rob-Royal
brendywendy

I really hope you are right...let's hope we never have to find out. Although getting another McD may not be so easy....

Like McGhee, Pardew and Coppell were total disasters. Not sure what Howe brings to the party though. I would like someone to explain that one. But keeping control of the finances is essential for the survival of the club - as with any business.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 08 Jul 2011 15:43

my NH referred to hammond of course.

but impretty confident that howe wouldnt be employed by JM if he didnt contribute back at least his cost to the club in some way

522 posts