NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Bongani Khumalo

240 posts
West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

NO LONGER A RUMOUR - Bongani Khumalo

by West Stand Flash » 22 Jul 2011 18:54

Bongani Khumalo is wanted by Reading according to @Football_Agent9 on Twitter.

Was on loan at Preston last season so certainly doable. South African international.

Watch this space.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Bongani Khumalo

by andrew1957 » 22 Jul 2011 20:35

West Stand Flash Bongani Khumalo is wanted by Reading according to @Football_Agent9 on Twitter.

Was on loan at Preston last season so certainly doable. South African international.

Watch this space.

Preston went down though - so hardly reassuring.

Really cannot see the sense in this. We have pearce wjo is still young and Morrison - a promising youngster so surely we need one - or preferably two - experienced CB's.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Jul 2011 20:50

andrew1957
West Stand Flash Bongani Khumalo is wanted by Reading according to @Football_Agent9 on Twitter.

Watch this space.

Really cannot see the sense in this. We have pearce wjo is still young and Morrison - a promising youngster so surely we need one - or preferably two - experienced CB's.

He only played 6 times for them after joining them on an emergency loan - so I don't think the relegation was his fault.

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 22 Jul 2011 21:06

Think you will find that results picked up in those 6 games and then he got injured and Brown pretty much resigned himself to the season being over as defensively without him they were back to square one...

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Jul 2011 21:07

andrew1957

Watch this space.

and that 'one' will be ibrahima sonko, the other we are in talks with according to rfc.

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 22 Jul 2011 21:26

Sonko and Khumalo. Wouldn't be displeased with that to be fair. On his day this Khumalo bloke can be a real top Championship player ive heard. My mates an avid Spurs fan and says he'd hoped Khumalo wouldv'e made the first team after seeing him a little bit.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 22 Jul 2011 23:23

He does have a quite awesome name. Would look good on my new home shirt :D

pea
Hob Nob Regular

by pea » 23 Jul 2011 00:04

Played well for Preston by all accounts and looked good at the World Cup last year (although hardly the best barometer as the entire England squad looked league two standard after romping the qualifiers...)

To write off a player on the basis that the club he went on an emergency loan to got relegated is ridiculous, the stupidity of some fans never ceases to amaze me.

I'd be happy with this signing

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 23 Jul 2011 00:07

If he was possibly on the verge of Spurs' first team surely he won't want to sign for us permanently, thus trashing BMcD's philosophy of only signing loan players who might come here permanently? Didn't think we were doing Prem reserves for that reason. Don't get me wrong, he sounds decent, just seems unlikely?

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 23 Jul 2011 00:13

If I had known we were interested I would have paid more attention to him in the Orlando Pirates v Spurs game!

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 23 Jul 2011 00:20

Could do with shedding a few pounds

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Bongani Khumalo

by Victor Meldrew » 23 Jul 2011 10:56

IIRC he looked really good if it is the guy who played against us.
I don't usually like loan arrangements but if there looks like an option to buy then bring it on.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 23 Jul 2011 11:52

Spurs must've seen something in him, so I would welcome him if true.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Jul 2011 14:27

SSN reckon it's happening

Royals line-up Khumalo
South African set for loan switch

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: July 23, 2011 1:59pm

Image text here

Khumalo: Set for loan switch

Skysports.com understands that Reading have lined-up a deal with Tottenham Hotspur to sign Bongani Khumalo on loan for the season.

Khumalo, who is currently back in his homeland of South Africa with Spurs on their pre-season tour, is yet to play a first-team game for Tottenham after joining them in January this year from Supersport United.

He finished last season on loan at Preston North End, and Tottenham chief Harry Redknapp has confirmed he would like the 24-year-old central defender to gain more experience.

A number of Championship clubs, as well as SPL champions Rangers, had shown an interest - but the South African international now appears set to join Reading.

Skysports.com understand that Khumalo will wrap up his move to The Madejski Stadium next week when Spurs return to England.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 23 Jul 2011 14:58

excited by this.

zummerset

by zummerset » 23 Jul 2011 17:17

This is a shoe in
starts quietly and builds to a crescendo (which is a loud noise for the benefit of RZR) add african drums and stomping in time as needed

Bongani, Bongani, Bongani, Bongani, Bongani, Bongani....(a small child screams in fear).....Bongani, Bongani.....(the crowd does that African chant what was in Zulu)

fozziebear

by fozziebear » 23 Jul 2011 17:54

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp says Bongani Khumalo’s loan deal to English Championship side Reading is all but completed.

The Bafana Bafana defender, who played all 90 minutes of Spurs’ 3-0 Vodacom Challenge Final defeat of Orlando Pirates on Saturday, has been tipped to go out on loan – and it seems Reading have now beaten the likes of Glasgow Rangers and Bristol City to the move.

“Yeah, it looks like it will happen,” Redknapp responded when asked by KickOff.com if the Reading move was completed. “We have the option of a recall in January, but it will be a good move for him. He’s a good lad.”

Redknapp says there are a few things counting against Khumalo in trying to make the Spurs first team.

“Look, he lacks experience. This is only his first year. Also, I have experienced defenders like Ledley King, William Gallas, Michael Dawson, Younes Kaboul, Sebastien Bassong … it’s will be difficult for him to get into the team.

“He will be much better off going out on loan to gain experience and adapt to the lifestyle in England. I’m sure in a year he will come back a better player for it; then it will be up to him to prove whether he is good enough to start for Spurs.”

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 23 Jul 2011 18:50

fozziebear Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp says Bongani Khumalo’s loan deal to English Championship side Reading is all but completed.

The Bafana Bafana defender, who played all 90 minutes of Spurs’ 3-0 Vodacom Challenge Final defeat of Orlando Pirates on Saturday, has been tipped to go out on loan – and it seems Reading have now beaten the likes of Glasgow Rangers and Bristol City to the move.

“Yeah, it looks like it will happen,” Redknapp responded when asked by KickOff.com if the Reading move was completed. “We have the option of a recall in January, but it will be a good move for him. He’s a good lad.”

Redknapp says there are a few things counting against Khumalo in trying to make the Spurs first team.

“Look, he lacks experience. This is only his first year. Also, I have experienced defenders like Ledley King, William Gallas, Michael Dawson, Younes Kaboul, Sebastien Bassong … it’s will be difficult for him to get into the team.

“He will be much better off going out on loan to gain experience and adapt to the lifestyle in England. I’m sure in a year he will come back a better player for it; then it will be up to him to prove whether he is good enough to start for Spurs.”

Redknapp also forgot to add another against him, which is the possible imprisonment of his team manager and that the new one won't rate him! :wink:

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 23 Jul 2011 18:59

The Rouge excited by this.

^'greed

and thought I recognised the name..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYXKKaagUCY

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber