Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
lightning strikes

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by lightning strikes » 09 Jun 2017 21:52

Pretty excited about the ifollow live games. Will also be good for the intellectual foreign fans to get first in on the bftg threads, before the local drunks log on and start spouting nonsense.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 12 Jun 2017 21:05

I'm at uni currently so tempted to subscribe - is there a monthly option and do you think it's possible to watch via a VPN? Would I need to give an address abroad?

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 13 Jun 2017 09:47

[quote="LightwaterRoyal"]Lived in Spain my whole life and had to put up with reading the BBC Sport live score updates. Move to Scotland and they make this available for everyone but UK residents. Typical
[/quote]

Bring on indyref2!

SpaghettiHoop

Reading on Sky

by SpaghettiHoop » 21 Jun 2017 11:22

How long before our first appearance on Sky? Sunderland, Aston Villa and, as always, Leeds are already scheduled. However, they are really Big clubs.
I'm guessing October 14th.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Reading on Sky

by Silver Fox » 21 Jun 2017 11:46

Heads must have been spinning in Isleworth when they saw the list "we have to show Reading v QPR but we can't possibly put Reading on before the other 23 teams in the division!"

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Jun 2017 11:58

Did anyone get the final figures for the amount of times each team was on TV last season? I remember, I believe it was around Christmas, someone produced a table and I believe we were joint last alongside Barnsley and Rotherham.

It does feel like we could well have been the least televised top 6 side for quite a few seasons.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Jun 2017 12:03

tidus_mi2 Did anyone get the final figures for the amount of times each team was on TV last season? I remember, I believe it was around Christmas, someone produced a table and I believe we were joint last alongside Barnsley and Rotherham.

It does feel like we could well have been the least televised top 6 side for quite a few seasons.

Possibly because our games are normally shit on the telly

RFCMod

by RFCMod » 21 Jun 2017 12:57

I can't think of many games where i've had to watch us on TV that we've won, so the less games on TV the better from my point of view

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Jun 2017 13:19

If QPR away gets moved I'm cancelling my sky subscription.

:wink:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jun 2017 14:12

It'll be QPR at home at Easter :lol:

By the way which game will be unaccountably moved to a Friday night. There's usually one.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 21 Jun 2017 14:48

windermereROYAL
tidus_mi2 Did anyone get the final figures for the amount of times each team was on TV last season? I remember, I believe it was around Christmas, someone produced a table and I believe we were joint last alongside Barnsley and Rotherham.

Possibly because our games are normally shit on the telly

They aint much better in the flesh. :shock:

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 21 Jun 2017 15:15

I'm a big fan of 3pm Saturday football so SKY can stay well away thanks

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 21 Jun 2017 16:09

We should, at the very least, get fair coverage given the relevance of our fixtures to the rest of the division and, on that basis alone, our lack of TV exposure in recent times has been nothing short of disgraceful.

And here we go again :|

As the team that came closest to winning promotion that still remains in this division, you might think that we would enjoy greater priority than the likes of Leeds and Villa, one of whom conspired to lose what should have been comfortable playoff qualification while the other, despite it's Premiership millions, tanked for most of the season, deservedly beating us away from home being a rare highlight.

Why should Reading fans be starved of watching a few far flung fixtures from the comfort of their living room?

Is this going to be yet another campaign when, regardless of current form, some clubs feature twice monthly or more while others will be lucky to get 2 matches before Christmas :|

Simply, SKY SPORTS, stop taking THE EFFING P"SS :evil:

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 21 Jun 2017 16:19

Think there will be a good chance that the Fulham game is shown on TV as it was the play off semi.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Jun 2017 16:19

Woodcote Royal We should, at the very least, get fair coverage given the relevance of our fixtures to the rest of the division and, on that basis alone, our lack of TV exposure in recent times has been nothing short of disgraceful.

As the team that came closest to winning promotion that still remains in this division, you might think that we would enjoy greater priority than the likes of Leeds and Villa, one of whom conspired to lose what should have been comfortable playoff qualification while the other, despite it's Premiership millions, tanked for most of the season, deservedly beating us away from home being a rare highlight.

Why should Reading fans be starved of watching a few far flung fixtures from the comfort of their living room?

Is this going to be yet another campaign when, regardless of current form, some clubs feature twice monthly or more while others will be lucky to get 2 matches before Christmas :|

I'm totally okay with us being shafted by Sky as I much prefer the kick offs to remain at 3pm, that said, yes, I do find it a bit perplexing we don't seem to be judged worthy enough to be put on TV. Part of it of course is that clubs like Villa and Leeds have larger support which equates to a larger television audience but didn't past figures show that we pull in a larger TV audience than one would expect?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 22 Jun 2017 09:02

tidus_mi2
Woodcote Royal We should, at the very least, get fair coverage given the relevance of our fixtures to the rest of the division and, on that basis alone, our lack of TV exposure in recent times has been nothing short of disgraceful.

I'm totally okay with us being shafted by Sky as I much prefer the kick offs to remain at 3pm, that said, yes, I do find it a bit perplexing we don't seem to be judged worthy enough to be put on TV. Part of it of course is that clubs like Villa and Leeds have larger support which equates to a larger television audience but didn't past figures show that we pull in a larger TV audience than one would expect?

And don't forget Reading won't be fancied for promotion,,,,

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 22 Jun 2017 14:41

We are already under the radar.

East Grinstead Royal

by East Grinstead Royal » 22 Jun 2017 15:03

I think tidus_m2 called it right - it's all about maximising the TV audience, why would Sky care about being fair or giving clubs equal coverage? They've made it clear from week 1 that Villa, Leeds and Sunderland are where their priorities lie. We will get coverage when we play one of those (maybe) but unless we are in the early pacesetters, don't expect to be watching us live from your armchair too often!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 22 Jun 2017 19:53

East Grinstead Royal I think tidus_m2 called it right - it's all about maximising the TV audience, why would Sky care about being fair or giving clubs equal coverage? They've made it clear from week 1 that Villa, Leeds and Sunderland are where their priorities lie. We will get coverage when we play one of those (maybe) but unless we are in the early pacesetters, don't expect to be watching us live from your armchair too often!

Iirc there was some data that was flung about last time this reared its head that we actually had some of the best viewing figures in our division over the last 5-10 years.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 22 Jun 2017 21:08

Probably because we're only on against Leeds.

3140 posts