What's the most drunk you've been at a match?

Rick_Dangerous

What's the most drunk you've been at a match?

by Rick_Dangerous » 15 Sep 2011 15:15

I've heard it said that "alcohol is a prerequisite" for attending a football match, and many of us enjoy partaking in alcoholic beverage or two before kick off just to get us through what would otherwise be a pretty tedious 90 minutes.

But with away games involving long journeys, rounds being bought in pubs and a general enthusiasm for a drink that can get out of control there are times when we've had one or two too many and it's ended up ruining the match, or at least make attending it somewhat pointless (well I certainly have)

What have been your most drunken moments inside a football stadium and what hilarity ensued :?:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What's the most drunk you've been at a match?

by Terminal Boardom » 15 Sep 2011 15:24

I recall an away game at Hereford in 1984 where a well known supporter was so pissed that he could not stand on the terraces. His excuse was that the heat of the day had caused his artificial knnes to swell in size rendering him incapable of standing. The Police pissed themselves laughing and decided to let this man off and not cart him away for a spell in the local cells.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 15 Sep 2011 15:25

QPR away last season. My birthday and my body took more shots before kick off than an American High School

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 15 Sep 2011 15:32

playoff final this yr, was pretty much fukked.

blame the early drinking and lack of sleep

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 15 Sep 2011 15:33

Got completely smashed on the way up to Man City last season. Don't remember anything from stopping at the service station to about 20 minutes from the end. I can't even remember getting involved in the half time Bill Oddie rave-up.

zummerset

by zummerset » 15 Sep 2011 15:37

I'm no saint about drinking especially after a match but I value watching the match I have just travelled miles for and paid through the nose for too much to be hammmered and wanting a pissole all the time...still each to his or her own (you annoying up and down merchants that shuffle up and down the aisles all game) :wink:

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 15 Sep 2011 15:39

Palace (a) 2-2, forget which year. No great story, I just drank a lot.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Sep 2011 15:40

I think you people all need to stop lying to yourselves, stand up and admit that you are all addicts.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 15 Sep 2011 16:03

Playoff final this year, was 6 pints of Stella down by midday.

Missed our first goal because I was too busy minesweeping with a load of guys I've never met before....anyone know? :shock: :roll:

stickywhisky

by stickywhisky » 15 Sep 2011 16:03

Play off final this year, so smashed I missed my national express home and the two following trains until I realised I needed to be at Waterloo rather than victoria, couldnt pronounce a single word of English!

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 15 Sep 2011 16:41

Villa at home in the cup :(

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 15 Sep 2011 16:46

Saw two paralytic Reading fans at Cov away a couple of years ago. Went to the pub near the station before the game and they ended up going to sleep on the benches outside. Saw them again in the ground and they were walking round like zombies.

FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT
Hob Nob Regular

by FORSTERS_RIGHT_FOOT » 15 Sep 2011 17:20

I can't remember.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Sep 2011 17:25

pretty ruined for the playoff final drinking commenced at 10am and finished about 2.30am back in reading

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 15 Sep 2011 18:11

Play-off final against Walsall in Cardiff.

Got wrecked the night before and got about 3 hours sleep. Woke up at 6am as had to get on a bus down there. Started drinking at about 8am just to rid the hangover. Carried on all day. Got to the match. drunk more. Watched first half. Drunk more. Fell asleep for the second half (probably a good thing). Drunk on the way back and went out in town afters. Got home at 4am. Pretty solid 32 hour drinking binge with 3 hours sleep in the middle.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Sep 2011 18:31

Gillingham away '87

We lost 3-1.....I think

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 15 Sep 2011 18:39

probably Walsall play off.

Pulled a texas redeye at some Walsall fans on the M4 on the way home with a wad of £20 notes in my hand

The Goat was fed

by The Goat was fed » 15 Sep 2011 18:41

Definitely the play-off final this year. Dangerously smashed due to early start and after going 3-0 down at half time, I hit the bottle (or the plastic cup) so hard I missed our first goal as I was asleep in my seat. I had also accidentally smashed a train alarm on the way to the ground due to a slightly over zealous Bill Oddie bounce.

Celebrating the second goal I accidentally broke a Wembley seat as I fell over backwards. Commiserating in some Baker Street boozer I was ejected for having a cigarette inside...I have zero recollection of this, but apparently argued I was outside.

Went back to Reading alone and dejected having lost my mates and family and met up with the girlfriend (had a sobering period) who suggested we go for a drink in town to get over it. Ended up in the Purple Turtle until around 2am lamenting the game with a couple of Reading fans while the girlfriend struggled to comprehend why football had done this to me.

Got up for work the next day with the shakes. Threw up twice on the train to Paddington, made it to work at about 10...threw up again in the office (and it was black sick which NHS Direct indicated that I had bowel cancer or alcohol poisoning)

My boss is an absolute legend and a Chelsea season ticket holder and just said "Greg, I get it, I really do. Go home and get well and nothing will be held against you."

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 15 Sep 2011 18:41

Coventry away at Highfield Road about 10 years ago.

About a midday kick off on boxing day I think. Hadn't had a drink on the day, well not since about 6am, but woke up about 30 mins before kick off. My brother drove the 30 odd miles who was thankfully slightly more sober then me.

Arrived at 12.05' parked 5 minutes from the ground and pretty much sprinted all the way there to find that kick off had been delayed due to crowd congestion.
Last edited by leicsRoyal on 15 Sep 2011 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

zummerset

by zummerset » 15 Sep 2011 18:42

Arnie_Pie Play-off final against Walsall in Cardiff.

Got wrecked the night before and got about 3 hours sleep. Woke up at 6am as had to get on a bus down there. Started drinking at about 8am just to rid the hangover. Carried on all day. Got to the match. drunk more. Watched first half. Drunk more. Fell asleep for the second half (probably a good thing). Drunk on the way back and went out in town afters. Got home at 4am. Pretty solid 32 hour drinking binge with 3 hours sleep in the middle.

To be fair I was watching this in Gran Canaria with a Walsall fan...I was quite nice until this bald 40 yr old accountant started taking the piss later on. My wife left with our kids as she could see I was starting to get a bit arsey fueled by lots of lager.... he eventually scarpered before the final whistle so I wasn't able to murder the orrible pcunt and instead went on an orgy of misery at unreckolected venues.. phoned missus at dawn for a lift no idea what carnage had preceeded this