Back from the game - Brizzle City

128 posts
M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game - Brizzle City

by M-U-R-T-Y » 27 Sep 2011 23:35

Apparently Millen had written a letter of resignation to the chairman and asked David James to deliver it, but he dropped it.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 28 Sep 2011 00:13

Focher
rfcjoe
Focher just seen the goals, cracking finish by Manset good lad

Yep, just clipped his bell and went in. Natural finisher.

Doyle's bell>>>Manset's bell

Still - it must have hurt.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Sep 2011 00:15

What a pleasant surprise, I'd last heard the score was 0-2 and got home to find we'd only gone and bloomin' won. Marvelous.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 28 Sep 2011 00:17

Still - not pretty to watch though Ian. We got away with it is all.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 28 Sep 2011 00:21

It was like the Barnsley game all over again for the 1st 70 mins. Cheers Big Footers, got this stuck in my head now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG6P2rBU-ho#t=00m32s

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 28 Sep 2011 00:30

Back from the Sky + Great result pleased for Alf and Manset, great back flip for the winner, even more so pleased for M'cD working under the terrible Madejski constraints

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 28 Sep 2011 00:44

Ian Royal What a pleasant surprise, I'd last heard the score was 0-2 and got home to find we'd only gone and bloomin' won. Marvelous.

Not only that, long time since a last minute winner ............ Strap where are you ?

Darius Henderson show 0-2 down against Peterborough,2-2 away good few years ago remember that as a good comeback.Or the winner mid 80's (85?) 0-3 Plymouth 4-3 in the end went mental that day :lol: Love Cider inbreds when they give in :wink:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 28 Sep 2011 00:46

Surely impossible to forget the 'Boro match.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Sep 2011 00:56

BenReadingFC It was like the Barnsley game all over again for the 1st 70 mins. Cheers Big Footers, got this stuck in my head now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG6P2rBU-ho#t=00m32s

8)

Was sung all the way home on the train too

Anyone else leave at 2-0? LOL

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 28 Sep 2011 01:01

Result made even the sweeter for me as at around just after 6am Oz time the BBC had put up 2-2 as the final score so I went back to bed. Only just got up again at 10am to realise they had been premature and screwed up and have just discovered we won. As Frankie Howard may have said - God rest his soul - nay, nay and thrice nay 'twas not sweet 'twas delicious.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 28 Sep 2011 03:44

I've looped le Fondre's chant tune. Some people didnt seem to know how it went tonight..... Hopefully this will help to sort that out.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlcpoe_adam-le-fondre-s-chant-tune_sport

DO DO, DO DO DO DO DO DO
DO DO, DO DO DO DO DO
DO DO, DO DO DO DO DO DO
DO DO, DO DO DO DO DO
Adam le Fondre
Adam le Fondre
Adam le Fondre
DO DO DO DO DO DO DO
LE FONDRE!!!!!!

Love this chant, It is sung well just like the Hal Robson Kanu (runs down the wing for me) chant.
2 good Reading chants in a season :shock:

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 28 Sep 2011 06:23

Both of those chants are down to the lads from Finchampstead who get the Farnborough bus to the game

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 28 Sep 2011 07:48

Tamworth_Royal Darius Henderson show 0-2 down against Peterborough,2-2 away good few years ago remember that as a good comeback.

You remember an extra goal for them too, it was 2-1! :wink:

Last night was great fun, for 20 mins anyway. First 70 we were utter, utter dump. Long balls everywhere, no idea what to do. Then we were gifted a goal back and everything changed. We ran at them, got in behind them, played the ball on the ground - it was pretty good stuff at times.

All our goals were up the far end, so couldn't tell too much about them - however the surges toward the home fans were great- never seen a steward peg it so quickly! :lol:

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 28 Sep 2011 07:59

How long did that Le Fondre chant go on!?! :lol: So much better than our normal songs i.e. SIMON CHURCH... *clap clap*

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 28 Sep 2011 08:10

Allyh84 How long did that Le Fondre chant go on!?! :lol: So much better than our normal songs i.e. SIMON CHURCH... *clap clap*

Well it started after the second goal and finsished when Manset missed a chance - so at least quarter of an hour or so.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 28 Sep 2011 08:16

BenReadingFC I've looped le Fondre's chant tune. Some people didnt seem to know how it went tonight..... Hopefully this will help to sort that out.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlcpoe_adam-le-fondre-s-chant-tune_sport

DO DO, DO DO DO DO DO DO
DO DO, DO DO DO DO DO
DO DO, DO DO DO DO DO DO
DO DO, DO DO DO DO DO
Adam le Fondre
Adam le Fondre
Adam le Fondre
DO DO DO DO DO DO DO
LE FONDRE!!!!!!

Love this chant, It is sung well just like the Hal Robson Kanu (runs down the wing for me) chant.
2 good Reading chants in a season :shock:

Tune (for those of us with stringent work firewalls)?

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Sep 2011 08:26

The Surgeon of Crowthorne Both of those chants are down to the lads from Finchampstead who get the Farnborough bus to the game

Who was the first to get the Le Fondre song going at a match though?

We can all sing songs on buses in the middle of fackin nowhere

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 28 Sep 2011 08:27

TROLers the tune is The Champs - Tequila

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 28 Sep 2011 09:03

3 points off Play-offs blimey

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 28 Sep 2011 09:35

Weird, weird game - after being so angry at the utter rubbish on display for 70 minutes to be so elated at the end is surreal and mentally tiring.

And for that first 70 mins were really were dreadfully inept. Hunt is not a winger by any stretch of the imagination, and our only real tactic was to hoof it forward and hope he won headers. Most of the time he didn't. If City could shoot on target we'd have bee 5 or 6 down by then - and Federici did make half a dozen top class saves (although by my reckoning 4 of them were on balls that were missing the goal, and were, of course, unnecessarily ostentatious "camera saves").

Midfield was really poor, too - lack of desire, not attacking the ball - Brizzle wanted it more and were winning everything. Defensively the second Brizzle goal was embarrassingly simple, and the defenders look like the only met each other half an hour before the game and yesterday. Summed up nicely by Pearce & Federici getting horribly mixed up when under minimal pressure and Fedders shinning the ball out for an unnecessary corner.

After the substitution, playing with a real winger, made a difference, but it was also a lot down to Tabb pushing forward to play behind the front two. We got the first goal (hardly celebrated by many, BTW) and City's confidence seemed to evaporate as ours grew, whilst their fans went completely silent.

I actually think that we got to the point where we knew we'd lost it and at that point the pressure was off us and we started relaxing and playing better, but it needed Bristol to be fragile enough to let us.

My summary - we'll never, ever play this badly and win again, and the highlights shouldn't be on Sky Sports, they should be on Crimewatch.

My biggest worry - people will look at the result and the comeback and think "crisis over" and forget that for 7/9s of this game were were utterly woeful and should have been in a situation where were were too far behind for any comeback to be impossible.

128 posts