Kebe

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

Kebe

by Ferris » 21 Oct 2011 09:47

"Hammond says Kebe has rejected #readingfc "top-end" contract. No pressure to sell in Jan, so could leave for free - more in @getreading" From Jonny Fordham.

What do you reckon then, sell him in Jan? May as well cash in while we can, especially if he doesn't want to be here.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Kebe

by TBM » 21 Oct 2011 09:50

Its not as if he's been great this year.......sell him, bring in someone with a left foot (and can cross) and then build for next season

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 21 Oct 2011 09:54

I'd be shocked if he ended up signing a new contract. Been talk of him going back to France for a while, wouldn't be surprised if he already had something lined up.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Oct 2011 09:57

Fordham reckons he'll have to run his contract down and we won't sell in Jan. I'd rather get rid in Jan, give Obita a chance and if he's not up to it bring someone else in in the summer.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Oct 2011 10:02

favourite player or the last three/four seasons
but id still sell the fecker in jan.

after all the support ive given him!
i even started a oxf*rd religion.
what an ungrateful pcunt

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 21 Oct 2011 10:06

Depends where we are in January. If mid-table mediocrity beckons then we'd probably accept a reasonable offer if it was made. If were nearer top end or bottom end then keeping him would make sense.

Besides whether we want to cash in or not, there's no reason why Kebe would take a move if he thinks he will have more and better options when officially a free agent.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Oct 2011 10:07

He has the ability to turn a game, but the downside (IMHO) is we look a more balanced and creative team when he's not playing.

So if he wants to leave that much I won't be shedding too many tears.

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 21 Oct 2011 10:11

I find this very sad. I can kinda see what you mean, Svlad, but without JK we are very very short on a) game changers or b) entertainers.
Plus, he's the coolest man ever.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Oct 2011 10:13

mr_number I find this very sad. I can kinda see what you mean, Svlad, but without JK we are very very short on a) game changers or b) entertainers.

Don't argue with that - but I think one of the reasons that we're short on game changers at least is that whilst Kebe has been around we've not had the need to to develop them or for the other players to take responsibility. The safe option was always "give it to Jimmy" - which we'd still do even if he had two men shutting him out of the game, as at Wembley.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 21 Oct 2011 10:14

Hm he should sign a new contract reguardless of if hes going or not so the club can get a bit of money for him,considering brian has been fairly loyal to him by picking him for the team even when he hasnt been playing great.I suppose i should live in the real world and players dont think like that

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 21 Oct 2011 10:15

He's 28 soon so its not surprising he's looking for a bigger pay day.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Oct 2011 10:18

super darren caskey Hm he should sign a new contract reguardless of if hes going or not so the club can get a bit of money for him,considering brian has been fairly loyal to him by picking him for the team even when he hasnt been playing great.I suppose i should live in the real world and players dont think like that

Would you, in his situation?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Oct 2011 10:20

Svlad Cjelli
mr_number I find this very sad. I can kinda see what you mean, Svlad, but without JK we are very very short on a) game changers or b) entertainers.

Don't argue with that - but I think one of the reasons that we're short on game changers at least is that whilst Kebe has been around we've not had the need to to develop them or for the other players to take responsibility. The safe option was always "give it to Jimmy" - which we'd still do even if he had two men shutting him out of the game, as at Wembley.

kanus come on enough this year to make me not worry about it

less quality and skill, but somehow more effective
Last edited by melonhead on 21 Oct 2011 10:21, edited 1 time in total.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 21 Oct 2011 10:21

Svlad Cjelli
super darren caskey Hm he should sign a new contract reguardless of if hes going or not so the club can get a bit of money for him,considering brian has been fairly loyal to him by picking him for the team even when he hasnt been playing great.I suppose i should live in the real world and players dont think like that

In this day and age where a contract means nothing and wouldnt affect me leaving and a club has been loyal to me....then yes i would!!

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 21 Oct 2011 10:22

melonhead
Svlad Cjelli

kanus come on enough this year to make me not worry about it

less quality and skill, but somehow more effective

Yeh, deffo agree with that. Plus Kanu's crossing >>>>>> Kebe's crossing.

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Oct 2011 10:24

super darren caskey
Svlad Cjelli

In this day and age where a contract means nothing and wouldnt affect me leaving and a club has been loyal to me....then yes i would!!

But if you signed a contract then the club can make it much harder for you to leave - if you're a free agent then instead of the new club paying a transfer fee they give you a much larger "signing-on fee." Why would anyone reduce their earning potential if they'd decided to leave?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Oct 2011 10:27

super darren caskey
Svlad Cjelli

thats daft though,
if he signs a 3 years contract, any club then has to pay a sizeable fee,which is likely to put them off, especially for a player as inconsistant as jimmy
whereas if he doesnt sign, said club gets him for free, so its a low cost punt.

super darren caskey
Hob Nob Regular

by super darren caskey » 21 Oct 2011 10:32

Fair enough maybe i havent thought it through...Still we have been fairly loyal to him because some performances by him have been shockingly bad considering the talent he does possess.Even tho he is very inconsistant i dont think we will have trouble getting rid if there was a fee or not

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 21 Oct 2011 10:36

no ones ever come in for him before.

and i dispute hes ever had bad game for us......... :oops:

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 21 Oct 2011 10:39

To be fair, if he'd scored that chance at Everton then none of use would be in this mess now. Bin him.