MATT "Rooster" ROBINSON

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

Re: MATT "Rooster" ROBINSON

by Bacon Double Cheese » 28 Oct 2011 12:53

Deal or No Deal Live: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/deal ... od#3243965

There's adverts for about 3 mins then once the main stream starts Mrs Rooster gets chosen from the studio audience at 3:44 and Rooster himself appears at 5:27

That is all

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Oct 2011 16:43

From Despair To Where? Wan't a bad player compared to what came before (Gray, Gurney), but I think our improvement was arguably more down to someone else who joined the club at about the same time. Step forward, Martin Allen.

I think that's a little harsh - Robinson was very good at driving forward and Butler was a real goal threat. Those two greatly improved the dynamism of the team

Rudolph Hucker

by Rudolph Hucker » 29 Oct 2011 16:00

I have to agree with Donface and FDTW on this one. The signings of Matt Robinson, Martin Butler and Martin Allen were the catalyst for the upturn in our fortunes in 2000 which led us all the way to the Premiership. Apart from a few false dawns under Ian Branfoot and Mark McGhee we had endured 40-50 years of lower division mediocrisy and everything seemed to click around the start of the new millenium. Admittedly it was a team effort but I will always remember Matt as a tenacious attacking full back who was a regular in the team at the time it all started to come together. I believe he is now a policeman in Wiltshire and was player manager at Swindon Supermarine FC.

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 10 Nov 2011 13:30

How the mighty have fallen.

Still, should make good material for the autobiography.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 14 Nov 2011 14:37

Rudolph Hucker I have to agree with Donface and FDTW on this one. The signings of Matt Robinson, Martin Butler and Martin Allen were the catalyst for the upturn in our fortunes in 2000 which led us all the way to the Premiership. Apart from a few false dawns under Ian Branfoot and Mark McGhee we had endured 40-50 years of lower division mediocrisy and everything seemed to click around the start of the new millenium. Admittedly it was a team effort but I will always remember Matt as a tenacious attacking full back who was a regular in the team at the time it all started to come together. I believe he is now a policeman in Wiltshire and was player manager at Swindon Supermarine FC.

Disagree that McGhee was a false dawn, he was arguably the man that turned us into a side that played football and actually attracted some decent players to the club. I'd say the dross from 1997-2000 was more of the bump in the road that started in 93.