CONFIRMED - Billy Sharp

1064 posts
MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Billy Sharp

by MouldyRoyal » 21 Jun 2013 09:37

gazzer, loyal royal only paper talk - no official bid from us,

Other than the obvious Drenthe, can you say who else we have been looking at?

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 30 Jun 2013 16:11

Have we signed Billy Sharp?
Was told in the pub last night that £1.5 million had changed hands for him.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 30 Jun 2013 16:21

Which pub? It seems this is important.

dean horrix legend

by dean horrix legend » 01 Jul 2013 08:35

'lista Which pub? It seems this is important.

Is that a yes or a no?

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 06 Jul 2013 12:31

Released by Saints,must be in with a chance of getting him now.

mumbo-jumbo

by mumbo-jumbo » 06 Jul 2013 12:33

ankeny Released by Saints,must be in with a chance of getting him now.

Yes but do we actually want or need him? I'm not sure we do.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 06 Jul 2013 12:39

mumbo-jumbo
ankeny Released by Saints,must be in with a chance of getting him now.

Yes but do we actually want or need him? I'm not sure we do.

Yes, as it's extremely likely we'll lose Pogrebnyak, so we need two strikers. He would be perfect, however he tweets very much like he wants a move back to Forest, and was very blunt in denying he was close to coming here. Saints fans think he fell out with Adkins last season, if that is true then this one is a no go!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jul 2013 16:35

It seems safe to say that with Adkins as our manager, if we want him we'll almost certainly get him. So if we don't get him, we almost certainly didn't want him.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 06 Jul 2013 16:43

Ian Royal It seems safe to say that with Adkins as our manager, if we want him we'll almost certainly get him. So if we don't get him, we almost certainly didn't want him.

One8Seven1 Saints fans think he fell out with Adkins last season, if that is true then this one is a no go!

So, it's pretty clear cut then...

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 06 Jul 2013 17:29

Kingsley Junior
Ian Royal It seems safe to say that with Adkins as our manager, if we want him we'll almost certainly get him. So if we don't get him, we almost certainly didn't want him.

One8Seven1 Saints fans think he fell out with Adkins last season, if that is true then this one is a no go!

They do believe they fell out. Sharp wanted games and Adkins decided to ship him out to Forest. If that's true or not remains to be seen, but when you have Reading looking for a striker and one like Sharp who is proven at this level and well within our price range, then it does seem to backup the Southampton's fans opinion that he doesn't want to play for Adkins again. The guy lives reasonably locally, and with top end wages on offer here it would almost be seen as a given that he'd be coming here, yet according to the player himself we haven't shown any interest... I don't think it's a goer, sadly. I think he's Forest bound. I hope I'm wrong, as I'd love him here.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Jul 2013 21:13

SPARTA
Kingsley Junior

They do believe they fell out. Sharp wanted games and Adkins decided to ship him out to Forest. If that's true or not remains to be seen, but when you have Reading looking for a striker and one like Sharp who is proven at this level and well within our price range, then it does seem to backup the Southampton's fans opinion that he doesn't want to play for Adkins again. The guy lives reasonably locally, and with top end wages on offer here it would almost be seen as a given that he'd be coming here, yet according to the player himself we haven't shown any interest... I don't think it's a goer, sadly. I think he's Forest bound. I hope I'm wrong, as I'd love him here.

It no more backs up the Saint's view he'd not want to play for Adkins than it backs up that Adkins wouldn't want him here.

noelgallagher

by noelgallagher » 07 Jul 2013 08:39

Assuming contract talks go well tomorrow he will be signing in the next day or two.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Jul 2013 09:11

noelgallagher Assuming contract talks go well tomorrow he will be signing in the next day or two.

Assume this is correct guys.. This guy was first in giving us news on the Stephen Kelly signing. Happy with Sharp for squad player. Would still like another top striker though.

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 07 Jul 2013 10:11

noelgallagher Assuming contract talks go well tomorrow he will be signing in the next day or two.

Forest fans and Saints fans seem to think so too. Are you on the wind up or not though?

07 Jul 2013 09:42:33
Hi

Forest fan living in Reading. My work had a conference at the Madejski Millenium Hotel yesterday and when we left at 4pm I'm 99% sure I saw Billy Sharp sat with two suits.

If that was him then I can only hope we (Forest) put together a better offer because we need him next season if we want to get a top six finish!

Matthew P. R

Wuzzy87

by Wuzzy87 » 07 Jul 2013 10:16

Noel has been right in the past and doesn't seem the type to go on the wind up.

Good signing if all goes well.

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 07 Jul 2013 10:27

Then GET THE MOTHER FCUKING IN!!!!!!

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 07 Jul 2013 10:36

So Southampton and Forest fans are certain Sharp is here this weekend. He usually tweets quite a bit too but nothing for the last few days.

Now a Reading 'ITK' has jumped on the bangwagon to confirm these rumours. So that settles it then... Anyway, I hope it's true. He's a decent striker at this level and although some seem to think we should aim higher, it's never as easy as that and they should know that!

07 Jul 2013 10:10:10
I can confirm that two reliable sources have confirmed that Billy Sharp is indeed in talks with Reading and set to complete his move next week.

The guys I'm relying on here are proven reliable and I've known them for several years.

This almost certainly guarantees Pavel Pogrebnyak is leaving, which we expect anyway as he has a minimum fee relegation release clause and wants to stay in the Premier League. I've got no idea how much that is but we suspect it's around £2.5m-£3m.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 07 Jul 2013 10:45

Can't see Pog leaving unless we get another striker, we would have nobody capable of playing upfront on their own

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 07 Jul 2013 10:55

LoyalRoyal22 Can't see Pog leaving unless we get another striker, we would have nobody capable of playing upfront on there own

There is nothing we can do to keep Pog if he really want's to go and his release clause is met.
Pog and his Agent do not care that we may be left with nobody capable of playing up front on there own.

This is something that RFC have no control over now, it was them that drew up the contract in the first place, so cannot have any complaints now.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 07 Jul 2013 11:17

Very, very pleased if this is true.

1064 posts