Re: Thames Sports Investment

by muddyfeet » 23 Jan 2012 08:48

have we not signed anyone yet?

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2012 08:50

This thread is fvcking hilarious lads, well done! I just don't know why everyone on here who has so much inside info didn't mention this before, surely you were all present at negotiations? Having said that extra credit to Kes for desperate bit of trolling in the middle of the thread, what a tit.

FWIW IMO this can only be a good thing, unless of course it's a bad thing

Oh yeah and on Kebe, the reason he hasn't put pen to paper isn't because of money or length of contract but because he didn't want to commit to the team if at the start of next season our best players (don't know exactly who that would be this time around) were sold in the summer again. So you'd expect this to help him make a decision

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 23 Jan 2012 08:55

Royal Lady So what exactly was the "big transfer news" that the papers were going to be reporting today? :roll:

And more to the point, why is TMD so bothered who we do or don't sign? :|

Only that we are interested in Billy Sharp.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Jan 2012 08:56

Royal With Cheese
Uke Which school did he go to in Reading before going to teh University?

These pics are worth some intensive studying too
here

Per company policy you have been denied access to the URL:
http://www.lingerieweapon.com/lingerie- ... rias-sec...

Reason:
Not allowed to browse Lingerie/Bikini category

:shock:

This is what you are missing and what Anton is getting...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Jan 2012 08:56

OOOh I've got him on Twitter - I'll ask him! :wink:

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Jan 2012 08:57

Royal Lady OOOh I've got him on Twitter - I'll ask him! :wink:

Is Zingarevich on Twitter?

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 23 Jan 2012 09:00

Royal Lady So what exactly was the "big transfer news" that the papers were going to be reporting today? :roll:

As pointed out in several places around the board, it's that we could make a move for Billy Sharp.
Also on the Daily Fail website, as you might expect...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Sharp.html

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 23 Jan 2012 09:01

Norfolk Royal
Uke Which school did he go to in Reading before going to teh University?

These pics are worth some intensive studying too
here

Bradfield College apparently.

Not according to someone on BBC Berks who was there to talk about her diabetes - she was at Bearwood College with him.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Jan 2012 09:01

Uke
Royal Lady OOOh I've got him on Twitter - I'll ask him! :wink:

Is Zingarevich on Twitter?
Not that I could find, but I might have spelt it wrong!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 23 Jan 2012 09:02

mr_number

As pointed out in several places around the board, it's that we could make a move for Billy Sharp.
Also on the Daily Fail website, as you might expect...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... Sharp.html

Massive news then. :roll:

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 23 Jan 2012 09:05

Silver Fox This thread is fvcking hilarious lads, well done! I just don't know why everyone on here who has so much inside info didn't mention this before, surely you were all present at negotiations? Having said that extra credit to Kes for desperate bit of trolling in the middle of the thread, what a tit.

FWIW IMO this can only be a good thing, unless of course it's a bad thing

Oh yeah and on Kebe, the reason he hasn't put pen to paper isn't because of money or length of contract but because he didn't want to commit to the team if at the start of next season our best players (don't know exactly who that would be this time around) were sold in the summer again. So you'd expect this to help him make a decision

It was hilarious for the first 20 pages or so. It's now got interminably dull (apart from the links to lingeries sites of course).

But I agree that it looks good. But then again, Pompey fans were probably saying the same when that chap who arranged Sheik Mansoor's takeover of Man City bought them.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 23 Jan 2012 09:05

No doubt someone's already said this, but my concern about the deal is that Madejski's got himself in a pretty difficult situation. His 49% stake is pretty much worthless unless and until TSI decide to exercise their option. To agree that he must be desperate for the money, and if he's desperate there's a greater likelihood that the various pledges made about ensuring that the buyers are right for the club etc will have assumed less importance when deciding whether or not to sell.

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 23 Jan 2012 09:08

Was listening to radio berks this morning they had some Russian on who knew this take over family well and thought the club has just been bought as a toy and so that the family can increase their status.

Worrying.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 23 Jan 2012 09:08

Bandini No doubt someone's already said this, but my concern about the deal is that Madejski's got himself in a pretty difficult situation. His 49% stake is pretty much worthless unless and until TSI decide to exercise their option. To agree that he must be desperate for the money, and if he's desperate there's a greater likelihood that the various pledges made about ensuring that the buyers are right for the club etc will have assumed less importance when deciding whether or not to sell.

Madejski doesn't have a 49% stake left once this goes through. STAR members and some of the board own shares too, albeit a small amount.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2012 09:10

Good point Jay, it's probably more like just over 48%, thus completely invalidating Dave's post

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 23 Jan 2012 09:10

roadrunner
Bandini No doubt someone's already said this, but my concern about the deal is that Madejski's got himself in a pretty difficult situation. His 49% stake is pretty much worthless unless and until TSI decide to exercise their option. To agree that he must be desperate for the money, and if he's desperate there's a greater likelihood that the various pledges made about ensuring that the buyers are right for the club etc will have assumed less importance when deciding whether or not to sell.

Madejski doesn't have a 49% stake left once this goes through. STAR members and some of the board own shares too, albeit a small amount.

So he'll only have 48.5% or something. Brilliant. Thanks.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Jan 2012 09:11

TheMaraudingDog Was listening to radio berks this morning they had some Russian on who knew this take over family well and thought the club has just been bought as a toy and so that the family can increase their status.

Worrying.

id rather that than someone just coming in to take a profit out of the club tbf

TheMaraudingDog

by TheMaraudingDog » 23 Jan 2012 09:15

melonhead
TheMaraudingDog Was listening to radio berks this morning they had some Russian on who knew this take over family well and thought the club has just been bought as a toy and so that the family can increase their status.

Worrying.

??

They may pump money in, get players obviously wages then jump ship leaving you in the shit.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 23 Jan 2012 09:21

TheMaraudingDog
melonhead

Worrying.

??

They may pump money in, get players obviously wages then jump ship leaving you in the shit.

As opposed to United where they pump money OUT and leave you in the shit :?:

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Jan 2012 09:22

Worrying.

What about someone buying a football club without investing a penny (or indeed, a dime) of their own money in so doing, and by financing the purchase of that football club by borrowing hundreds of millions using that club as collateral, saddling the club with massive debts that means they have to sell star players simply to pay the interest on those borrowings.......

....now that IS worrying!

5145 posts