Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Maguire » 22 May 2012 09:29

Heard from a very reliable source today that this is 98% certain to go through.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 22 May 2012 09:33

Funny, I heard it was 98.1%.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 22 May 2012 09:34

TBM So if you've just got million sat in your bank account - is that enough to say to the PL "here are our funds" or do you genuinely have to have a steady income?

Probably

F&PP utimately means "how many suitcases of cash do you own"?

25 to go

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 22 May 2012 11:13

I have it on good authority that this deal is hanging on by a thread. If Boris is not involved then he remaining investors do not have enough money to sustain a premier league club and TSI will not confirm that Boris is part of their set up.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 22 May 2012 11:14

It's funny how many people have conflicting information on "good authority".

Alf Hooker

by Alf Hooker » 22 May 2012 11:35

Ups and Downs I have it on good authority that this deal is hanging on by a thread. If Boris is not involved then he remaining investors do not have enough money to sustain a premier league club and TSI will not confirm that Boris is part of their set up.

Thought it had already been banded about by TSi that Boris is involved and hence why SJM is referring the deal being struck with the "Zingarevich family"

oh and hello everyone!

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular

by Ups and Downs » 22 May 2012 11:42

Alf Hooker
Ups and Downs I have it on good authority that this deal is hanging on by a thread. If Boris is not involved then he remaining investors do not have enough money to sustain a premier league club and TSI will not confirm that Boris is part of their set up.

Thought it had already been banded about by TSi that Boris is involved and hence why SJM is referring the deal being struck with the "Zingarevich family"

oh and hello everyone!

Yeah but that sort of talk isn't gonna get us to 300 pages.

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Chaney » 22 May 2012 11:43

Sanuelson has already confirmed that Boris will contribute if needed, there are more sources here than all the HP factories put together.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular

by Ups and Downs » 22 May 2012 11:48

I don't like that statement "will contribute if needed".

What does it even mean?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 May 2012 11:50

I believe it means that when we go into administration he will step in to ensure any money owed to his son is paid fully.

Worrying times. Is this the end of Reading FC? Discuss.

No Hoops
Hob Nob Regular

by No Hoops » 22 May 2012 12:07

Tokyo Sex Whale I have it on very very good authority that Reading FC were a month ago enquiring about purchasing something of significant value (not a player) that would enhance/improve the clubs facilities and have very recently withdrawn their interest.

Wheres the money gone?!

Was it a small statue of a boy dancing?

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 22 May 2012 12:17

I have it on very good authority from the man in the know that this deal will go though when it goes through and not before.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular

by Ups and Downs » 22 May 2012 12:21

Tokyo Sex Whale I have it on very very good authority that Reading FC were a month ago enquiring about purchasing something of significant value (not a player) that would enhance/improve the clubs facilities and have very recently withdrawn their interest.

Wheres the money gone?!

I've been emailing the club about getting a slush puppy machine in the food kiosk for ages. Gutted!

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 May 2012 12:34

If Tokyo Sex Whale is telling the truth it will be in relation to housing academy students I would think.

Maybe they've had information from the PL that our current method of letting them stay with local families is just fine, or we've been told we won't be getting Cat A status so there is no rush. They are advertising placing scholars with families on the site atm so it fits.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 22 May 2012 12:39

Ups and Downs I have it on good authority that this thread is hanging on by a deal. If Boris is not involved then he remaining investors do not have enough posts to sustain a premier league thread and TSI will not confirm that Boris is part of their set up.

'greed with Jay.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 22 May 2012 13:01

Maguire Heard from a very reliable source today that this is 98% certain to go through.

Not an actual probability btw, just used to illustrate that it's almost certainly a done deal.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 22 May 2012 13:05

Maguire
Maguire Heard from a very reliable source today that this is 98% certain to go through.

Not an actual probability btw, just used to illustrate that it's almost certainly a done deal.

I was told by a good source it was 97 per cent. They can't both be right.

Nick Shorey my Lord!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Nick Shorey my Lord! » 22 May 2012 13:12

Norfolk Royal
Maguire

I was told by a good source it was 97 per cent. They can't both be right.

I refer you to my deleted 98.1% comment.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 May 2012 14:54

Uke
Ups and Downs You guys have no ambition. This could have reached 300 pages with the right sort of encouragement.

Personally, I think the mod who deleted 20 pages for his own amusement should be thrown off the board and then shot in the street.

You'll be redacted too!

The main thing about TSI seems is probably their inability to show the flow of funds openly and transparently so that anyone can see who is bankrolling the club

Since Leeds the PL want it to be clear where the money comes from - most clubs have owners like Ashley, Abramovich, Whelan or Mansoor so it's clear where the money flows from (even if it is "dirty")

Anton, just ain't personally rich enough

It isn't really "since Leeds", more like since Portsmouth. They had owners who didn't exist.

Anton is personally rich enough up to a point (personal wealth estimated to be about the same as Peter Coates) but isn't rich enough to turn us into perennial European qualifiers like some were predicting when news broke. With Boris on board that would be possible. I suppose it depends what Anton's plans which he outlined to the Premier League are.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 22 May 2012 14:59

Anton is personally rich enough up to a point (personal wealth estimated to be about the same as Peter Coates) but isn't rich enough to turn us into perennial European qualifiers like some were predicting when news broke. With Boris on board that would be possible. I suppose it depends what Anton's plans which he outlined to the Premier League are.

Where did you get that info on his personal wealth from?

5145 posts