Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Cypry

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Cypry » 23 Jan 2012 15:44

melonhead im not saying its fact- just inferring from what ive read

And i'd be inclined to agree - bear in mind this is most likely a payment to SJM for his shares not a cash injection into the club. What will be interesting is what happens to the existing chairmanship loans....does SJM take £20M now, £20M later for the other half of his shares, but leave the chairmanship loans in place (i.e. the club would still owe him £25M in outstanding loans)?

I seriously doubt that TSI would be persuaded that a business with assets of £57M and liabilities of £35M (i.e. a paper value of around £22M) is worth £80M. Assuming the deal is around £40M total for the club, plus structured repayment of the chairmans loans, then SJM will improve his current bank balance by some £65M over the next few years.

Meanwhile the new owners will get full control of the club, initially for a modest outlay of some £20M, plus whatever they need to sink into players/wages to fill the black hole this year, and whatever they choose to spend on squad improvement....then in a couple of years they get to own 100% of the club, for another £20M. Perhaps SJMs loans will be repaid in a structured way over the next few years adding £5M or so to the black hole annually?

Whatever happens it seems that a deal has been struck which should transition ownership of the club to the new owners in a controlled way, over a period of time, whilst allowing the team management to give us a better chance at promotion than we would otherwise have had (and given that we've been there or thereabouts for the last 3 seasons it must be considered that this gamble might have a decent chance of paying off).

Currently I'm feeling fairly comfortable about the whole thing - rather bizarrely, what would probably worry me the most would be if we suddenly rushed out and spent £4-5M this window. That would indicate that for all SJMs comments about prudence were less than realistic....

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2012 15:48

winchester_royal
Silver Fox I didn't realise the intended purpose of the forum is to go on and on like you know anything about running a football club becuase you've played Football manager

It's not, the intended purpose of the forum is to give Reading fans the opportunity to talk about the football club.

Might I suggest that given that this takeover is one of the biggest events for the last decade or so at this club, that it might prompt a fair amount of discussion over the merits and dangers involving foreign takeovers.

Which is probably why there's been an AE invasion, which inevitably, once the AE types are reminded of the twaddle and ill-informed conjecture that gets posted all over here, leads to them being patronising and calling everyone belmonts.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jan 2012 15:50

Maguire
winchester_royal
Silver Fox I didn't realise the intended purpose of the forum is to go on and on like you know anything about running a football club becuase you've played Football manager

It's not, the intended purpose of the forum is to give Reading fans the opportunity to talk about the football club.

Might I suggest that given that this takeover is one of the biggest events for the last decade or so at this club, that it might prompt a fair amount of discussion over the merits and dangers involving foreign takeovers.

The point isn't that there's a thread at all (=understandable) but that it's 80% full of uttershit.

Why, for example, do people argue about how much money we'll get given this month for transfers? Nobody knows, nobody has any idea whatsoever, it's all just bollocks.

Likewise arguing about how much Madejski's remaining share will go for. You don't have any idea. None of you. So don't be surprised if all the posturing gets laughed at.

:|

Surely unfounded speculation makes up pretty much 70% of all football discussion. Isn't that part of the fun of discussing stuff like this, that there are so many options available?

I don't deny that there is some stuff on this thread that I dare not read again because it will make me want to slit my wrists, but on the most part it's just Reading fans talking about what might happen. I'm sure the same kind of discussion was taking place in pubs throughout Berkshire yesterday afternoon.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Jan 2012 15:51

Hang on a second, people take the Team Board seriously?

I'm just having a laugh with idle speculation :lol:

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 23 Jan 2012 15:51

its getting mundane

when are we signing someone :?:

johnnym

by johnnym » 23 Jan 2012 15:52

Cypry
melonhead im not saying its fact- just inferring from what ive read

And i'd be inclined to agree - bear in mind this is most likely a payment to SJM for his shares not a cash injection into the club. What will be interesting is what happens to the existing chairmanship loans....does SJM take £20M now, £20M later for the other half of his shares, but leave the chairmanship loans in place (i.e. the club would still owe him £25M in outstanding loans)?

I seriously doubt that TSI would be persuaded that a business with assets of £57M and liabilities of £35M (i.e. a paper value of around £22M) is worth £80M. Assuming the deal is around £40M total for the club, plus structured repayment of the chairmans loans, then SJM will improve his current bank balance by some £65M over the next few years.

Meanwhile the new owners will get full control of the club, initially for a modest outlay of some £20M, plus whatever they need to sink into players/wages to fill the black hole this year, and whatever they choose to spend on squad improvement....then in a couple of years they get to own 100% of the club, for another £20M. Perhaps SJMs loans will be repaid in a structured way over the next few years adding £5M or so to the black hole annually?

Whatever happens it seems that a deal has been struck which should transition ownership of the club to the new owners in a controlled way, over a period of time, whilst allowing the team management to give us a better chance at promotion than we would otherwise have had (and given that we've been there or thereabouts for the last 3 seasons it must be considered that this gamble might have a decent chance of paying off).

Currently I'm feeling fairly comfortable about the whole thing - rather bizarrely, what would probably worry me the most would be if we suddenly rushed out and spent £4-5M this window. That would indicate that for all SJMs comments about prudence were less than realistic....

spot on imo

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 23 Jan 2012 15:52

I kinda like the bi-polar nature of this thread, and the fan base in general...incredible highs, incredible lows and a deep seated need to want to medicate one's self.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 23 Jan 2012 15:53

Silver Fox
winchester_royal

Which is probably why there's been an AE invasion, which inevitably, once the AE types are reminded of the twaddle and ill-informed conjecture that gets posted all over here, leads to them being patronising and calling everyone belmonts.

And then go back to AE where most of the discussion revolves around Kes' incestuous antics.

You stay classy San Diego.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 23 Jan 2012 15:53

muddyfeet its getting mundane

when are we signing someone :?:

This.

All these broken promises. Nothing's changed. BOOOOO.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 23 Jan 2012 15:53

ZacNaloen Hang on a second, people take the Team Board seriously?

I'm just having a laugh with idle speculation :lol:

I think that's what most on here were doing.

But I think Mr Fox is taking our ball away.

Loyal Royal Royal

by Loyal Royal Royal » 23 Jan 2012 15:58

spotted this on russian football website

http://www.fairfootball.ru

http://www.fairfootball.ru/news/document3216.phtml

if it's old news i apologize but at least i have found a picture of our comrade leader (unless it's a pic of the bloke who wrote the article, but i don't think so :) )

this is the translation btw

"Reading" is waiting for his Abramovich. Another English club can become a "Russian"

21/01/2012
The son of Russian millionaire, 29-year-old Anton Zingarevich close to buying 51 percent shares of the English "Reading." With the help of Russian investment, "Reading" hopes to get up in the Premier League.

President of FC "reading" John Madejski has agreed the sale 51 percent stake in the club 29-year old Russian Anton Zingarevich. English value of the transaction source that has filed this information as an exclusive and sensational, estimated at £ 40 million According to Daily Mail, manager of "Reading" Brian McDermott flew to Milan to discuss the future of the club owner details of the transaction. It is assumed that their seats on the board of the club will maintain its current president and chief executive Nigel Howe, a nephew of ex-steering "Arsenal". Remain in office and athletic director of football club Niki Hammand.

"Reading", founded in the late XIX century and made ​​its debut in the FA Cup in 1890 appears now in the Championship and at the end sezona-2010/11 finished fifth. In 2006 the club for the first time in its history came in the Premier League.'s Debut season in the elite division for the "court" or "sponge," as they call it a club in England, has been very successful. "Reading" finished eighth, nearly hitting the European Cups.

In the next season of "biscuit" had to fight for survival. As a result, the team took 18th place, behind saving the 17th "Fulham" on goal difference.

The last three seasons fans dream to see again the favorites in the company of giants from Manchester, Liverpool and London.

What to do this in England is well known. Rise of Premier League clubs provided financial injections from the Arab sheiks or Russian oligarchs. Bosses "Reading" found a worthy candidate for the role of the new Abramovich.

After 29-year-old Anton Zingarevich studied in the UK in a sports manager and practiced in the investment fund Fortress Sports Fund, which is closely related to "Everton". Back in 2004, the British, and after that, and the Russian press reported about a possible acquisition of a Russian businessman Liverpool team. Then, this information strongly refuted the owner of the group of companies "Ilim Pulp" Boris Zingarevich.

"I was not going and not going to invest in British football, and my son just is not that kind of money" - quoting Boris Zingarevich "b".

The head of a famous company, whose headquarters is located in St. Petersburg, firmly said, "My business - not a sport, and cellulose."

A graduate of the Leningrad Institute of Pulp and Paper Industry, Boris Zingarevich with his brother Michael is a serious business began in 1991 and succeeded in it. According to Forbts, he is 130th on the list of the richest businessmen in Russia. State "forest Abramovich" is estimated at $ 750 million

The company "Ilim Pulp" never aspired to public. The only time using administrative resources managed to draw her as the sponsor held in St. Petersburg, the World League Basketball women's teams. All attempts to persuade the brothers to continue to help Zingarevich Women's basketball take on the burden of funding the St. Petersburg club, drag (and continues to drag) a miserable existence, without success.

In addition, the fall of 2011 the brothers Zingarevich had some problems in the business. One of American law firms filed a lawsuit against the Southern District of New York's claim to the manufacturer of batteries for hybrid cars and electric cars Ener1. The firm bought a St. Petersburg on the occasion of businessmen, and then use it to invest in a Norwegian company producing electric vehicles.

One of these environmentally friendly vehicles, even when he was acquired by the Minister of Finance Alexei Kudrin. In general, the demand for Norwegian car was small. The lawsuit, filed in New York, according to experts, specific troubles Russian businessmen are not threatened. Such methods are often used by American lawyers, particularly with regard to tobacco producers.

Yet in this situation has never sought publicity Zingarevich loud transaction "Reading" and turning it into a second "Arsenal" or "Manchester City" to anything.

Hardly known for its ability to count every ruble St. Petersburg businessman roll away 40 million toy for his son. Anton Zingarevich himself after completing his studies in sports such money manager also did not work. It would be interesting to understand the motives and the English side. Indeed, the current president, "Reading," Sir John Madejski is one of the richest people in the United Kingdom. His fortune is estimated at £ 250 million in the late 90's, Sir John financed the construction of a new stadium in Reading on a former municipal landfill.

Arena with a capacity just over 24 thousand spectators, and is called - "Madejski." It is not just "reading", but rugby club "London Irish." That's just my own money to spend on the English Sir transformation of your favorite club in the Premier League leader does not want. As brothers Zingarevich not want to support a successful business through domestic women's basketball.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 23 Jan 2012 16:01

I wonder how much Season Tickets will cost next year...... that could be the first pill to swallow.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Jan 2012 16:02

Reading that sounds like his dad still has zero interest in sport

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2012 16:03

Loyal Royal Royal In the next season of "biscuit" had to fight for survival.

Wise words

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 23 Jan 2012 16:06

Maguire I love the succession of posts on this thread which amount to little more than a horde of galloping belmonts extracting endless hidden meanings from bland PR messages.

Interesting port...What can we read into this? :idea:

Scylla

by Scylla » 23 Jan 2012 16:09

Silver Fox
winchester_royal

AE is the epitome of twaddle and ill-informed conjecture.

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 23 Jan 2012 16:10

Come on over Scylla you'd fit right in I reckon.

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 23 Jan 2012 16:10

seems like a good recruitment opp this :wink:

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2012 16:11

Scylla AE is the epitome of twaddle and ill-informed conjecture.

Wha?!?! Every post on AE is well thought out and backed with properly researched facts

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 23 Jan 2012 16:12

Silver Fox
Scylla AE is the epitome of twaddle and ill-informed conjecture.

Wha?!?! Every post on AE is well thought out and backed with properly researched facts

:lol:

5145 posts