Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by Maguire » 23 Jan 2012 20:23

mr_number
Maguire The point isn't that there's a thread at all (=understandable) but that it's 80% full of uttershit.

I'm guessing this is disappointing for you cf. the AE proportion of utter shit, which rarely drops below an impressive 95%

'greed, I just don't read brendy's posts though

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 23 Jan 2012 20:25

Brain Traysers Done a bit of research on the guy, there is very little on him and he seems to be working for his fathers company. I did however manage to dig a bit out on daddy and his investments...

Started and built up Ilim Pulp to be the largest paper producer in Russia, in 2006 he sold 50% of the company to International paper company for $650mill.

In July 2010 he became the primary shareholder of american based lithium-ion car battery producers Ener1 Inc, this is the company Anton works for as VP of operations, as well as CEO of their nanotechnology subsidiary NanoEner. The website is supposed to be nanoener.com but this doesn't load for me...

Since investing in Ener1, its share price has plummeted 97% from $3.25 to $0.0975 a share, with Q3 2010 earnings down 98% on the year.

The most recent operating profit figures (Q1 2011) show a $12.5M loss vs an expected $9.3M loss.

Now reading this doesn't sound too convincing assuming his wealth is mostly from his father, who has had a bad 18 months.

That + the photo doesn't seem too RTG to me!

Cypry

by Cypry » 23 Jan 2012 20:40

grey_squirrel
Brain Traysers Done a bit of research on the guy, there is very little on him and he seems to be working for his fathers company. I did however manage to dig a bit out on daddy and his investments...

Started and built up Ilim Pulp to be the largest paper producer in Russia, in 2006 he sold 50% of the company to International paper company for $650mill.

In July 2010 he became the primary shareholder of american based lithium-ion car battery producers Ener1 Inc, this is the company Anton works for as VP of operations, as well as CEO of their nanotechnology subsidiary NanoEner. The website is supposed to be nanoener.com but this doesn't load for me...

Since investing in Ener1, its share price has plummeted 97% from $3.25 to $0.0975 a share, with Q3 2010 earnings down 98% on the year.

The most recent operating profit figures (Q1 2011) show a $12.5M loss vs an expected $9.3M loss.

Now reading this doesn't sound too convincing assuming his wealth is mostly from his father, who has had a bad 18 months.

That + the photo doesn't seem too RTG to me!

On the surface the NanoEner thing seems bad, but how much did he invest? Might have been relatively cheap punt that went tits up. After all he sold HALF his original company for £650M, assuming he retains the other half he's certainly worth £1B+, so a punt on a car battery manufacturer of a few £10'sM is a drop in the ocean. Unless you know the context of his investment it's hard to criticise - the point has been made a number of times on here about SJM that serial investors probably have more failures than successes....

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 23 Jan 2012 21:13

Maguire
mr_number
Maguire The point isn't that there's a thread at all (=understandable) but that it's 80% full of uttershit.

I'm guessing this is disappointing for you cf. the AE proportion of utter shit, which rarely drops below an impressive 95%

'greed, I just don't read brendy's posts though

Meh, fair point.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Jan 2012 21:27

Cypry

On the surface the NanoEner thing seems bad, but how much did he invest? Might have been relatively cheap punt that went tits up. After all he sold HALF his original company for £650M, assuming he retains the other half he's certainly worth £1B+, so a punt on a car battery manufacturer of a few £10'sM is a drop in the ocean. Unless you know the context of his investment it's hard to criticise - the point has been made a number of times on here about SJM that serial investors probably have more failures than successes....

Have a look at their earnings estimates http://www.ener1.com/?q=content/tr-earnings-estimates

Ener1 is still in its early stages as a business and the technology they sell doesn't look to be completely mature yet, and of course last year was still a very tough year for a lot of organisations and electric cars haven't really taken off yet.

Just a few 10s of thousand sold last year across all manufacturers and I dont know how many of those if any used their battery.

You can't really write off this particular business as a failure just yet.

Cypry

by Cypry » 23 Jan 2012 21:30

ZacNaloen
Cypry

Have a look at their earnings estimates http://www.ener1.com/?q=content/tr-earnings-estimates

Ener1 is still in its early stages as a business and the technology they sell doesn't look to be completely mature yet, and of course last year was still a very tough year for a lot of organisations and electric cars haven't really taken off yet.

Just a few 10s of thousand sold last year across all manufacturers and I dont know how many of those if any used their battery.

So NanoEner and Ener1 are the same business? must've mised something somewhere...

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Jan 2012 21:40

Their site doesn't like my iPad much so it's difficult for me to demonstrate, but all the other usa based subsidiaries say the headquarters are at the same address and the "investor relations" sections all talk about ener1... and as Antons linked in says he lives in fort lauderdale.... Anyway, it's the same company but a different product.

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 23 Jan 2012 22:01

Apologies if this has been posted before.........

http://flblog.dailymail.co.uk/

I think the most succinct part is the 5 line paragraph about sustained investment directly below the BMcD pic - the rest has basically been said on here, in the Mail and on the OS.

P,S, I had to edit - nothing to do with anything here but scroll further down the article & check out the bit about Michael Duberry..........

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 23 Jan 2012 22:07

Cypry
ZacNaloen
Cypry

So NanoEner and Ener1 are the same business? must've mised something somewhere...

NanoEner, where Anton is CEO, is a subsidiary of Ener1 whose primary shareholder and Director is Boris.

Agreed it cant be written off yet but haven't seen anything to suggest Anton has assets anywhere near the figures in the newspapers - ill see what i can dig up tomorrow

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Jan 2012 22:17

Lets be honest, the papers have far better research means and methods than a couple of football fans on a forum using google. He probably isn't as rich as some of them have said. Equally he's not as poor as the fella driving an ice cream van around corporate car parks with his music on in the winter.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 23 Jan 2012 22:19

dogzbollox P,S, I had to edit - nothing to do with anything here but scroll further down the article & check out the bit about Michael Duberry..........

This is the kinda fella we should be looking at. Young, hungry, and knows where the goal is

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 23 Jan 2012 22:30

FiNeRaIn Lets be honest, the papers have far better research means and methods than a couple of football fans on a forum using google. He probably isn't as rich as some of them have said. Equally he's not as poor as the fella driving an ice cream van around corporate car parks with his music on in the winter.

I happen to know that Brain Traysers has excellent sources that are not Google.
HTFH.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 23 Jan 2012 22:42

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 23 Jan 2012 22:46

Zingarevich Jr. is believed to be a Zenit St Petersburg supporter. Speaking to Fontanka.ru (a St Pete based media outlet) the Russian stressed he aims to create “a profound outfit” at Reading.

When asked which team he would support if Reading met Zenit in a European competition, he noted: “You won’t confuse me. If the clubs meet each other then the TSI investors have made a good choice supporting my business plan.”

http://rt.com/sport/football/zingarevic ... ading-515/

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Jan 2012 22:48

Bacon Double Cheese
FiNeRaIn Lets be honest, the papers have far better research means and methods than a couple of football fans on a forum using google. He probably isn't as rich as some of them have said. Equally he's not as poor as the fella driving an ice cream van around corporate car parks with his music on in the winter.

I happen to know that Brain Traysers has excellent sources that are not Google.
HTFH.

NIDFH

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jan 2012 22:49

Z175 Zingarevich Jr. is believed to be a Zenit St Petersburg supporter. Speaking to Fontanka.ru (a St Pete based media outlet) the Russian stressed he aims to create “a profound outfit” at Reading.

When asked which team he would support if Reading met Zenit in a European competition, he noted: “You won’t confuse me. If the clubs meet each other then the TSI investors have made a good choice supporting my business plan.”

http://rt.com/sport/football/zingarevic ... ading-515/

Great answer. :lol:

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 23 Jan 2012 22:50

His bird is F UCKING HOT!!!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 23 Jan 2012 22:53

I think this news is absolutely f*****g brilliant!

Sod "cautious optimism."

Let's spend some money.....!!!

CMON UUURRRZZZZZZ!!!!!

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 23 Jan 2012 22:55

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... 3NIPCDG1Eg

Not sure if been posted yet but above is a translated interview with Anton. Russian peoples comments are hilarious.
Last edited by Z175 on 23 Jan 2012 23:04, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Jan 2012 23:03

lmao the Russian comments are hilarious.

They were referring to someone as a " rascal" :lol:

"nikita1409: Well, why hang noodles, about equal opportunities, tea is not the children gathered"

Agree with that second point. Definitely never gathered much tea as a child....never hung any noodles either.

5145 posts