Thames Sports Investment

5145 posts
rfc2001

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by rfc2001 » 23 Jan 2012 23:12

Reading being mentioned in the same sentence as "Europe"

I don't want to get over my head here, ahh F UCK it why not bring on Barcelona and Messi
Last edited by rfc2001 on 23 Jan 2012 23:17, edited 1 time in total.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Jan 2012 23:15

The Russians have taken to arguing about the state of the economy, oligarks, writing poems, commenting how anton was bought this as a toy, trolling each others comments then accusing their opponent of slander. :lol:

It reminds me of the Anything Else section on this forum.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 23 Jan 2012 23:22

yeah and f11ck the 37000 seater that nearly materialised Mr Madski....its been emotional... but

we're gonna be getting at least 75k turnouts thanks to Gingerzingerswingerski

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 23 Jan 2012 23:40

FiNeRaIn The Russians have taken to arguing about the state of the economy, oligarks, writing poems, commenting how anton was bought this as a toy, trolling each others comments then accusing their opponent of slander. :lol:

It reminds me of the Anything Else section on this forum.

I think we should post a link to AE there. needs a thread in Russian to get them going....

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 23 Jan 2012 23:54

dogzbollox P,S, I had to edit - nothing to do with anything here but scroll further down the article & check out the bit about Michael Duberry..........

The new Linden Joned

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 24 Jan 2012 00:35

Just thinking, Boris Z has all the dolla not Anton. Boris has no interest in football or investing. We can't be that rich, Boris aint going to give his son Millions or a Billion to use on Reading. Anton is probably only a bit richer than SJM!! !!Based on 2004!!

Unless since 2004 Anton has become frigging minted!!

alderdude

by alderdude » 24 Jan 2012 01:11

rfc2001 Just thinking, Boris Z has all the dolla not Anton. Boris has no interest in football or investing. We can't be that rich, Boris aint going to give his son Millions or a Billion to use on Reading. Anton is probably only a bit richer than SJM!! !!Based on 2004!!

I've been trying to do some research on him (very hard to find anything) and read somewhere he has £1.4bn of his own wealth, if i come across it again i'll post a link

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 24 Jan 2012 01:32

alderdude
rfc2001 Just thinking, Boris Z has all the dolla not Anton. Boris has no interest in football or investing. We can't be that rich, Boris aint going to give his son Millions or a Billion to use on Reading. Anton is probably only a bit richer than SJM!! !!Based on 2004!!

I've been trying to do some research on him (very hard to find anything) and read somewhere he has £1.4bn of his own wealth, if i come across it again i'll post a link

OK, that would awesome if you can find the link. Something extra to ponder on. If he is worth that then we certainly are in the higher riches of the English footballing ladder!!

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 24 Jan 2012 01:50

Looks like Anton went to Bearwood College for his education.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 24 Jan 2012 07:14

Z175 Zingarevich Jr. is believed to be a Zenit St Petersburg supporter. Speaking to Fontanka.ru (a St Pete based media outlet) the Russian stressed he aims to create “a profound outfit” at Reading.

When asked which team he would support if Reading met Zenit in a European competition, he noted: “You won’t confuse me. If the clubs meet each other then the TSI investors have made a good choice supporting my business plan.”

http://rt.com/sport/football/zingarevic ... ading-515/

Just the words investors and business plan in the same sentence are comforting.

A big difference between this and an individual or a family with a few million to throw around.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Jan 2012 07:34

Z175 http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.fontanka.ru/2012/01/22/018/&usg=ALkJrhjwLn9U1l9XCcobPNB13NIPCDG1Eg

Not sure if been posted yet but above is a translated interview with Anton. Russian peoples comments are hilarious.

Surely the main text is actually rather illuminating as it includes a candid interview with Anton?

Eg:

- You hit the president's hands? (Shook hands with Mr Mad)

- Все в начальном процессе. - All in the initial process. Пока у меня эксклюзивность рассмотрения предложения на определенный период времени. While I consider the proposal exclusivity for a certain period of time.

Так как Daily Mail сообщила, что Мадейски согласился на продажу 51 процента своей доли в клубе, то следующий наш вопрос был: «Цена 51 процента – 40 миллионов фунтов?» Since the Daily Mail reported that the Madejski has agreed to sell its 51 percent stake in the club, then following our question was: "The price of 51 percent - 40 million pounds?"

- Я бы не хотел раскрывать конкретных чисел, но все же скажу, что сумма сильно преувеличена. - I'd rather not disclose specific numbers, but still I would say that amount is greatly exaggerated.

- Your strategy?

- Долгосрочная. - The long-term. Амбиции в том, чтобы улучшить экономику, а не амбиции всех обыграть. Ambition is to improve the economy, not all ambition to beat. Предвосхищу вопрос – сумасшедших финансовых вливаний не требуется. Anticipating the question - crazy financial investments are required.
- То есть перекупать Аршавина планов нет? - That is not to outbid Arshavin plans?

- Нет, новости у вас не получится. - No, the news you do not get. (Смеется.) (Laughs.)

Согласно нашумевшей публикации, главный тренер «Рединга» Брайен Мак Дермот уже летал в Милан, чтобы встретиться с будущим владельцем его команды и обсудить перестройку клуба. According to a controversial publication, the head coach, "Reading" Brian Mac Dermot already flew to Milan to meet with the future owner of his team and to discuss the restructuring of the club. Автор статьи уверен: Зингаревич заверил его, что его место на тренерской скамейке в безопасности, если «Рединг» будет бороться за выход в элитную лигу. The author is sure Zingarevich assured him that his place on the coaching bench in the security, if the "Reading" will fight for access to the elite league.

- Если сделка состоится, вы будете практически жить в Англии? - If the deal goes through, you'll practically live in England? Надо быть рядом с командой? It should be close to the team?

- Абсолютно не обязательно. - Absolutely not necessary. Атмосфера в клубе такая, что нет никакой надобности что-то резко менять, а тем более рушить. The atmosphere at the club so that there is no need for something to change dramatically, much less destroy. Клубом не надо управлять вручную, надо просто улучшить коммерцию. Club does not have to manage manually, you just have to improve commerce. Есть, конечно, и спортивная составляющая, но этому надо уделять внимание, а не руководить. There are, of course, and sports component, but it must be observed, but not supervise.

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 24 Jan 2012 07:34

leicsRoyal
Z175 Zingarevich Jr. is believed to be a Zenit St Petersburg supporter. Speaking to Fontanka.ru (a St Pete based media outlet) the Russian stressed he aims to create “a profound outfit” at Reading.

When asked which team he would support if Reading met Zenit in a European competition, he noted: “You won’t confuse me. If the clubs meet each other then the TSI investors have made a good choice supporting my business plan.”

http://rt.com/sport/football/zingarevic ... ading-515/

Just the words investors and business plan in the same sentence are comforting.

A big difference between this and an individual or a family with a few million to throw around.

'greed. Still very surreal.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 24 Jan 2012 07:35

As I suspected, he's just the guy running TSI.
Like Niall Quinn at Sunderland is just the chairman, not much of the money they spend is actually his.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 24 Jan 2012 07:39

ZacNaloen As I suspected, he's just the guy running TSI.
Like Niall Quinn at Sunderland is just the chairman, not much of the money they spend is actually his.

Yep, we're not minted at all. But I'm somehow much more re-assured having reading that.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Jan 2012 07:51

I would expect at least 3-4 investors within TSI. Who these investors are remains to be seen. An interesting set up if it's proven to be so. SJM would therefore still be the majority shareholder.
Branson would be an interesting prospect.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 24 Jan 2012 07:54

I suspect these investors will be on the same page though and voting together on any decisions.

As Anton says, he's got a business plan that they have bought into.

But it does leave room for future growth. As Reading grow Anton can go find Investors with bigger pockets, as the team is more attractive.

Hopefully this isn't just a new front for dodgy far east business men. That's my only worry.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 24 Jan 2012 07:59

Thre is a few weeks yet to find this out. Perhaps there is already too much info out there and SJM wanted this behind closed doors.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 24 Jan 2012 08:04

TSI want it behind closed doors, if this falls through both groups end up with egg on their faces.

Antons name got out only because of a nosy Daily Mail reporter.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 24 Jan 2012 08:11

Probably keeping tabs on him as he is/was/could be an immigrant.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 24 Jan 2012 08:12

I've done some research, apparently Anton's dad used to be in Pulp, don't know what instrument he played

5145 posts