Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by melonhead » 23 Jan 2012 14:56

im not saying its fact- just inferring from what ive read

Red
Hob Nob Regular

by Red » 23 Jan 2012 15:04

Ian Royal My main concern isn't really TSI coming in and running us badly. It's TSI coming in and getting us promoted, taking the option of buying out SJM completely at a good price and then flogging us to any old tosspot for a big old profit as a Premier League club.

Even if Brendy is wrong and it's £40m for half the club, that takes us up to about £80m for the whole club when we were supposedly valued at £100m when in the Premier League. That could conceivably be £10m profit in two years even injecting a further £10m in wages and transfers.

That ain't bad is it?

Fingers crossed though.

We would've only been valued at £100m if someone had paid that price for us.

Say what you like about SJM but he's a savvy businessman, and we all know success (promotion) cannot be guaranteed simply by injecting a few quid here and there.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 23 Jan 2012 15:05

Ian Royal My main concern isn't really TSI coming in and running us badly. It's TSI coming in and getting us promoted, taking the option of buying out SJM completely at a good price and then flogging us to any old tosspot for a big old profit as a Premier League club.

Even if Brendy is wrong and it's £40m for half the club, that takes us up to about £80m for the whole club when we were supposedly valued at £100m when in the Premier League. That could conceivably be £10m profit in two years even injecting a further £10m in wages and transfers.

That ain't bad is it?

Fingers crossed though.

I think trying to infer a potential profit from an unrealistic level of transfers based on a valuation of the club that is approximate and a few years old is a complete waste of time.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 23 Jan 2012 15:06

That ain't bad is it?

Fingers crossed though.

I imagine the difference between 51% and 49% stake would be more than the pro-rata'd amount so the overall club would be less than £80m in that sense if the figures are all to be believed. I personally think the journos just pick a number and re-report it as its a better story with a number in it.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 23 Jan 2012 15:06

I love the succession of posts on this thread which amount to little more than a horde of galloping belmonts extracting endless hidden meanings from bland PR messages.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 23 Jan 2012 15:08

Good use of 'horde of galloping belmonts'.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jan 2012 15:14

Ahhh, every couple of months there's an AE invasion of the team board where they spend a couple of days patronising everyone and overusing the word 'belmont' before returning to their haven to have a good chuckle at those losers who use the forum for its intended purpose.

Welcome comrades!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2012 15:18

Just trying to point out that there is a way to make money out of owning football clubs. It's to buy a Championship club and get them promoted quickly, then sell a Premier League one. Obviously the figures themselves are meaningless... it's the basic principle that stands up, if it can be made to work by getting that promotion.

I trust SJM to sell to someone who will take decent care of us, but I have no reason to then trust that person(s) to do the same right now.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2012 15:19

I didn't realise the intended purpose of the forum is to go on and on like you know anything about running a football club becuase you've played Football manager

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 23 Jan 2012 15:21

Silver Fox I didn't realise the intended purpose of the forum is to go on and on like you know anything about running a football club becuase you've played Football manager

Well.... what else?

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 23 Jan 2012 15:23

To talk shit to other Bel Montes?

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 23 Jan 2012 15:24

Still barely a fifth of the views of "Media don't like us". Gotta increase traffic flow, TBM. If I recall right, "Sidwell wants Premier dividend" was about 150k as well.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 23 Jan 2012 15:28

Arch Still barely a fifth of the views of "Media don't like us". Gotta increase traffic flow, TBM. If I recall right, "Sidwell wants Premier dividend" was about 150k as well.

Sort by replies: "Watching Reading in the Prem - an online guide" is 200k+

Not increasing too fast now, mind. :(

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 23 Jan 2012 15:30

Silver Fox I didn't realise the intended purpose of the forum is to go on and on like you know anything about running a football club becuase you've played Football manager

Agreed. It's only a grounding in Premier Manager 2 which can really prepare you for the importance of getting advertising hoarding contracts in place.

who are ya?
Hob Nob Regular

by who are ya? » 23 Jan 2012 15:33

What was the manager game that you were able to take bungs, which always lead to being sacked

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Jan 2012 15:36

It's not, the intended purpose of the forum is to give Reading fans the opportunity to talk about the football club.

Might I suggest that given that this takeover is one of the biggest events for the last decade or so at this club, that it might prompt a fair amount of discussion over the merits and dangers involving foreign takeovers.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 23 Jan 2012 15:37

who are ya? What was the manager game that you were able to take bungs, which always lead to being sacked

Harry Rednapp's Ultimate Soccer Manager

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 23 Jan 2012 15:39

Man, you've been here 8 years. What took you so long?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 23 Jan 2012 15:42

as for the idea that a quick £10 can be made by gaining Promotion for one thing £10m is not much to the mega rich, and second who are these buyers that want to snap up any old Prem club, how much was paid for Blackburn?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 23 Jan 2012 15:43

winchester_royal

It's not, the intended purpose of the forum is to give Reading fans the opportunity to talk about the football club.

Might I suggest that given that this takeover is one of the biggest events for the last decade or so at this club, that it might prompt a fair amount of discussion over the merits and dangers involving foreign takeovers.

The point isn't that there's a thread at all (=understandable) but that it's 80% full of uttershit.

Why, for example, do people argue about how much money we'll get given this month for transfers? Nobody knows, nobody has any idea whatsoever, it's all just bollocks.

Likewise arguing about how much Madejski's remaining share will go for. You don't have any idea. None of you. So don't be surprised if all the posturing gets laughed at.

5145 posts