No Fixed Abode
Silver Fox
No Fixed Abode This is interesting.

It really isn't m8, back to the drawing board for you I think

Definitely rattLOLed. Easy pickings.

If you're taking that as a rattLOLe then I guess every post's a win for you

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

Re: Other clubs reactions.

by Bandini » 23 Jan 2012 12:36

The trouble is that most other clubs' messageboards appear to have at least as many belmonts as we do. I thought that the Everton one might have some useful insight, bearing in mind their brief history with Anton Z, but it very quickly degenerated into abusing their chairman...

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 23 Jan 2012 12:47

Bandini The trouble is that most other clubs' messageboards appear to have at least as many belmonts as we do. I thought that the Everton one might have some useful insight, bearing in mind their brief history with Anton Z, but it very quickly degenerated into abusing their chairman...

That sort of thing would never happen on here shirly ..... we always stay on topic :?

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 23 Jan 2012 12:49

1871 Royal
Bandini The trouble is that most other clubs' messageboards appear to have at least as many belmonts as we do. I thought that the Everton one might have some useful insight, bearing in mind their brief history with Anton Z, but it very quickly degenerated into abusing their chairman...

That sort of thing would never happen on here shirly ..... we always stay on topic :?

And no one has ever abused out chairman...

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 23 Jan 2012 12:54

Does Kes post on those boards, too, then?

#obviousjokeisobvious

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 23 Jan 2012 13:02

No, his sister posts on all the other forums but their views are virtually identical except for about 5 minutes every day when his is the bed and hers is the ceiling.

Rainham Dagger

by Rainham Dagger » 23 Jan 2012 13:05

Well good luck with it. Just don't expect other supporters to be particularly gracious when you need bailing out 5 years down the line.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Jan 2012 13:08

Finch
From Despair To Where?
muddyfeet Was just doing this, most forums seem to be in disbelief why they chose us

I think one of the posts on the origanal article on the Daily Mail website sums it up nicely. Basically a well run club with a well established and strong management structure, huge potential, next to no debts and a physical infrastructure that requires no upgrading. As i saw an Everton fan state, why buy a club for £40m knowing that you will then have to find another £60m to build a new stadium

Can you please tell what HUGE potential Reading has?

You got to the Premier League, then got relegated and attendances have since dropped. Illustrated by the away fans' charts, are you telling me you've got huge potential to get back into the Premier League, to compete in the Premier League? Or huge potential like Nicky Hammond said; being as big as Arsenal?

You're a nothing club going no where other than yo-yoing at best. No Russian multi millionaire is going to change that. He's not even that rich, let alone being rich enough to drastically change the fortunes of a yo-yo club. As with any investor, he'll look for a return. He's not going to risk his own money just for fun. At worst, you'll spend wrecklessly and get into financial trouble, possibly getting relegated. At best, you'll be a Bolton staying in the Premier League. Big oxf*rd deal.

Finch got out at the right time. RFC is going no where and never will.

Careful what you're saying, I know where you live

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 23 Jan 2012 13:15

Rainham Dagger Well good luck with it. Just don't expect other supporters to be particularly gracious when you need bailing out 5 years down the line.

The assumption (by other fans) appears to be that these owners will be the lastest in a line of foreign owners who'll spend unsustainable fortunes and leave the club in a total mess, and probably also that our fans are giddy with excitement of a surge up the leagues.

The truth is that few fans actually seem to thinking this is brilliant. There's no will to see us become like Leicester. The most common response seems to be one of having to wait and see.

Rainham Dagger

by Rainham Dagger » 23 Jan 2012 13:50

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Rainham Dagger Well good luck with it. Just don't expect other supporters to be particularly gracious when you need bailing out 5 years down the line.

The assumption (by other fans) appears to be that these owners will be the lastest in a line of foreign owners who'll spend unsustainable fortunes and leave the club in a total mess, and probably also that our fans are giddy with excitement of a surge up the leagues.

That's what I was getting at, yes :idea:

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 23 Jan 2012 13:52

roadrunner
Hob Nob Regular

by roadrunner » 23 Jan 2012 14:17

They seem an alright bunch tbf.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 23 Jan 2012 14:19

leicsRoyal Leicester.

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index ... statement/

:lol:

Libertine Dream Just dont want McDermott to ever have money, hate him.

Why on earth would anyone hate McDermott?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Jan 2012 14:26

tbf thats teh reaction on their site aswell

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 23 Jan 2012 14:34

Rainham Dagger Well good luck with it. Just don't expect other supporters to be particularly gracious if you need bailing out 5 years down the line.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2012 14:36

If that happens I wouldn't ask them to be.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 23 Jan 2012 14:39

The Rouge No, his sister posts on all the other forums but their views are virtually identical except for about 5 minutes every day when his is the bed and hers is the ceiling.

:lol:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Jan 2012 14:44

honestly- i never gave a toss what other clubs thought of us before, i dont now, and i sure as hell wont start if it all goes tits up

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Jan 2012 15:44

Ian Royal
No Fixed Abode TBF - they're only saying what you lot would say if this was another team in The Championship.

It's unlikely we'd be saying our average away attendence was 100 higher than another team in the Championship. Impossible in fact.

Get with reality Kes

:roll:

Rainham Dagger

by Rainham Dagger » 23 Jan 2012 15:50

melonhead honestly- i never gave a toss what other clubs thought of us before, i dont now, and i sure as hell wont start if it all goes tits up

The feeling's mutual m8 don't worry.

Just here for the banter believe it or not.

176 posts