Other clubs reactions.

176 posts
skipper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Other clubs reactions.

by skipper » 22 Jan 2012 19:00

Finch
Can you please tell what HUGE potential Reading has?

You got to the Premier League, then got relegated and attendances have since dropped. Illustrated by the away fans' charts, are you telling me you've got huge potential to get back into the Premier League, to compete in the Premier League? Or huge potential like Nicky Hammond said; being as big as Arsenal?

You're a nothing club going no where other than yo-yoing at best. No Russian multi millionaire is going to change that. He's not even that rich, let alone being rich enough to drastically change the fortunes of a yo-yo club. As with any investor, he'll look for a return. He's not going to risk his own money just for fun. At worst, you'll spend wrecklessly and get into financial trouble, possibly getting relegated. At best, you'll be a Bolton staying in the Premier League. Big oxf*rd deal.

Finch got out at the right time. RFC is going no where and never will.

Wow, that really sounds bitter man!

Our potential is, a larger ground - bigger crowds - to be fair, larger crowds would effect any club, ANY club that gets promoted, and maybe the occasional semi final ;-) - well you'd expect us to go one better wouldn't you!

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 22 Jan 2012 19:04

Finch Can you please tell what HUGE potential Reading has?

You got to the Premier League, then got relegated and attendances have since dropped. Illustrated by the away fans' charts, are you telling me you've got huge potential to get back into the Premier League, to compete in the Premier League? Or huge potential like Nicky Hammond said; being as big as Arsenal?

You're a nothing club going no where other than yo-yoing at best. No Russian multi millionaire is going to change that. He's not even that rich, let alone being rich enough to drastically change the fortunes of a yo-yo club. As with any investor, he'll look for a return. He's not going to risk his own money just for fun. At worst, you'll spend wrecklessly and get into financial trouble, possibly getting relegated. At best, you'll be a Bolton staying in the Premier League. Big oxf*rd deal.

Finch

by Finch » 22 Jan 2012 19:04

skipper
Finch

Our potential is, a larger ground - bigger crowds - to be fair, larger crowds would effect any club, ANY club that gets promoted, and maybe the occasional semi final ;-) - well you'd expect us to go one better wouldn't you!

Larger crowds? Where are they going to come from, Mars, Russia? :lol:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 22 Jan 2012 19:06

Finch
From Despair To Where?
muddyfeet Was just doing this, most forums seem to be in disbelief why they chose us

I think one of the posts on the origanal article on the Daily Mail website sums it up nicely. Basically a well run club with a well established and strong management structure, huge potential, next to no debts and a physical infrastructure that requires no upgrading. As i saw an Everton fan state, why buy a club for £40m knowing that you will then have to find another £60m to build a new stadium

Swindon fan?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 22 Jan 2012 19:08

Finch
skipper
Finch

Larger crowds? Where are they going to come from, Mars, Russia? :lol:

short memory finch. we sold out every week in the premiership, whereas the likes of m'boro when struggling lose thousands of fans. we could easily avg 35k in the premiership. johnny come lately's or not, they're bums on seats.

liverpool really must be struggling if you're having a crack at reading fans when they have a bit to shout about for once. how did you get on yesterday? good game? were you there? nahh.

URZZ
Hob Nob Regular

by URZZ » 22 Jan 2012 19:11

Friday's Legacy short memory finch. we sold out every week in the premiership, whereas the likes of m'boro when struggling lose thousands of fans. we could easily avg 35k in the premiership. johnny come lately's or not, they're bums on seats.

liverpool really must be struggling if you're having a crack at reading fans when they have a bit to shout about for once. how did you get on yesterday? good game? were you there? nahh.

+1

"AGHHHHHHHH"

Finch

by Finch » 22 Jan 2012 19:16

Friday's Legacy [short memory finch. we sold out every week in the premiership, whereas the likes of m'boro when struggling lose thousands of fans. we could easily avg 35k in the premiership. johnny come lately's or not, they're bums on seats.

You been served some Russian mafia substances?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2012 19:21

Best news to come out of this is that Finch won't be back at games. Though judging by his return to HNA this takeover has him Obssessed and RattLOLed.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 22 Jan 2012 19:21

There is really a general theme among those oppo fans that have a bigger picture view of the business that is football.

Jealousy yes, but jealousy of us being a well enough run club to be in this position.

2nd comment from the egg chasers made me laugh.

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 9,12994648

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 22 Jan 2012 20:12

loyalroyal4life
FiNeRaIn Woeful support :shock: good god.

Indeed it is, we will never match leeds or hammers ...

...or Chesterfield, apparently.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 23 Jan 2012 11:45

Finch
From Despair To Where?
muddyfeet Was just doing this, most forums seem to be in disbelief why they chose us

I think one of the posts on the origanal article on the Daily Mail website sums it up nicely. Basically a well run club with a well established and strong management structure, huge potential, next to no debts and a physical infrastructure that requires no upgrading. As i saw an Everton fan state, why buy a club for £40m knowing that you will then have to find another £60m to build a new stadium

Messageboard 101: Always discount those who post in the third person.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 23 Jan 2012 12:07

Finch is a liverpool fan.

Not a lot else needs to be said.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 23 Jan 2012 12:07

Burnley fan sums up my feelings about Madejski completely

As much as he can seem like a complete, self centered c*ck on many occasions, Madejski has been an absolutely phenomenal chairman for them. He really, really has.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 23 Jan 2012 12:10

Finch
From Despair To Where?

:lol:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Jan 2012 12:24

This is interesting.

Hope so, their average away attendance being over 100 below ours, for the championship, shows how many plastics turn out for home games. My mate's been dragged along to a few games by his girlfriend, he said they don't sing at all. Very strange and dull club. I have an added incentive to hate them more than most Ox fans, living halfway between Oxford and Reading.

Read more: http://www.yellowsforum.proboards.com/i ... z1kHorFf7g

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 23 Jan 2012 12:26

No Fixed Abode This is interesting.

It really isn't m8, back to the drawing board for you I think

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 23 Jan 2012 12:26

Would have been more interesting if I didn't read it on page 1

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Jan 2012 12:27

Silver Fox
No Fixed Abode This is interesting.

It really isn't m8, back to the drawing board for you I think

Definitely rattLOLed. Easy pickings.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Jan 2012 12:30

TBF - they're only saying what you lot would say if this was another team in The Championship.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jan 2012 12:31

No Fixed Abode TBF - they're only saying what you lot would say if this was another team in The Championship.

It's unlikely we'd be saying our average away attendence was 100 higher than another team in the Championship. Impossible in fact.

Get with reality Kes
Last edited by Ian Royal on 23 Jan 2012 12:32, edited 1 time in total.

176 posts