Back from the Game - West Ham

241 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the Game - West Ham

by MmmMonsterMunch » 01 Apr 2012 11:12

BenReadingFC
MmmMonsterMunch LOL at the bloke's personal version of I'm forever blowing bubbles. Made me laugh this morning.

:oops: :lol:

Don't be embarrassed Ben. I p1ssed myself laughing watching it. Good work!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2012 11:19

Royal Lady Errrr yeah - cheers for that Rother - I was there and I've already said the first part of the first half we were in awe of them but their goal just galvanised us to settle down and play how we know we can. :|

They scored on 7 minutes and battered us for a further 25 odd. You said and are still saying their goal galvanised us, which is odd because we didn't get back into it until right at the end of the half.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 01 Apr 2012 11:33

Ian Royal
Royal Lady Errrr yeah - cheers for that Rother - I was there and I've already said the first part of the first half we were in awe of them but their goal just galvanised us to settle down and play how we know we can. :|

They scored on 7 minutes and battered us for a further 25 odd. You said and are still saying their goal galvanised us, which is odd because we didn't get back into it until right at the end of the half.

:roll: just give it up Ian - Stop following her/people around the board picking holes in every post, why do you see the need to analise (yes analise) every post at such granular level? You've been tedius for years, but im sure your getting worse. The sun is out why dont you put your pc/laptop down, step outside and realise there is more to life than this forum :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Apr 2012 11:35

Ian Royal

We perked up after they scored, whether we then scored immediately or not, we still perked up. Still, I'll bow to your and Rother's superior knowledge - seeing as neither of you were even there yesterday and you watched it on some dodgy stream.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 01 Apr 2012 11:35

Can't think of many away games that top that one! Brilliant day out, knew we were in for a good one when there were Reading fans chanting coming out of Upton Park tube...didn't expect that!

As others have said we were lucky to go in up at half time, but it seemed to me that part of the reason was we slightly changed our tactics. For the first 30 mins we were putting the ball straight up to Roberts or Hunt, and they were getting out muscled by Faye. However we then started putting balls in the channels over Faye's shoulder and he wasn't so dominant when he had to turn.

All standing with no complaints. Atmosphere was fantastic. Coincidence?

West Ham fans were very poor. Considering this was their biggest home game of the season, not at all impressed. However, they are an absolute delight to wind up...so easy!

They can be summed up by a speccy blonde haired kid of about 8, who was gobbing on us from the upper tier. Glad to see the next generation of "muggy c@nts" is safe.

And thank you to Kevin Nolan for making my day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Apr 2012 11:36

Royal Rother
Royal Lady
Royal Rother
You said it was one of the best games we've played in a long time. Not taking issue with that, just pointing out that we were over-run and outplayed for the 1st 40 minutes.

You are difficult to fathom sometimes.

I don't wish to labour the point, but I know we were outplayed most of the first half - this does not detract from the fact that it was one of the best games I've seen us play in a long time. I didn't say it was one of the best games we'd played. Cheers then.

I didn't say you'd said it was one of the best games we'd played.... not everyone is trying to pick a fight with you you know.

Oh, ffs, why am I bothering. You could find reason to argue with a fcuking dinner plate.
:|

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2012 11:40

Royal Lady
Ian Royal

We perked up after they scored, whether we then scored immediately or not, we still perked up. Still, I'll bow to your and Rother's superior knowledge - seeing as neither of you were even there yesterday and you watched it on some dodgy stream.

I'll accept McDermott's view that we weren't at the races for 30 odd minutes which tallies with what I saw. If you didn't react in such a bad way to someone questioning a small part of your post, you'd get a lot less bother RL.

It is a discussion board, there's no need to go on the attack the second someone questions you.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Apr 2012 11:43

I don't mind people questioning me - but I do mind people like you always trying to score points over EVERYTHING I say and you are hardly even at games. If it's ok with you and Rother, I'll stick to my beliefs that it was the best game I've seen us play in a long time and we perked up after going behind.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Apr 2012 11:44

Royal Lady I don't mind people questioning me - but I do mind people like you always trying to score points over EVERYTHING I say and you are hardly even at games. If it's ok with you and Rother, I'll stick to my beliefs that it was the best game I've seen us play in a long time and we perked up after going behind.

And that perfectly sums it up. Yesterday had a bit of everything.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Apr 2012 11:47

Royal Lady I don't mind people questioning me - but I do mind people like you always trying to score points over EVERYTHING I say and you are hardly even at games. If it's ok with you and Rother, I'll stick to my beliefs that it was the best game I've seen us play in a long time and we perked up after going behind.

No one is saying it wasn't the best game you've seen in a long time. It was bloody fantastic afterall. I was just pointing out that Rother was right and you were wrong about when we picked up because you seemed to be denial.

I have no interest in scoring points against you. I only have an interest in pointing out when someone appears to be wrong, especially when they get narky at someone for suggesting it. It's not my fault that such a high percentage of your posts fall into that category, is it.

Nuff said.

Edit: Well I did actually see the match RL. And apparently I'm the one trying to point score. :arrow:

:roll:
Last edited by Ian Royal on 01 Apr 2012 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Apr 2012 11:48

Not sure why you always insist on posting on BACK FROM THE GAME threads either to be fair.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 01 Apr 2012 11:50

Ooof.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 01 Apr 2012 12:07

Stop bullying RL immediately.

Gutted to miss this game through stag party duties but what a result. Very jealous of those who went , hope you got battered afterwards in celebration.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 01 Apr 2012 12:12

Quality away day all in all. First 30 mins we were bullied really but then found our own and looked pretty comfortable. Ledge atmosphere down in the concourse at h/t too.

namroyal

by namroyal » 01 Apr 2012 12:13

Just in case anyone was in any doubt as to whether Hunt was onside.... here's the proof:

tink

by tink » 01 Apr 2012 12:14

Well that was a rather fun way to spend afternoon in East London. Wasn't surprised to see West Ham go 1-0 up - I was expecting them to come out of the blocks pretty fast, but it never felt like they had control of the game. Reading couldn't string two passes together for the first 30 or 40 minutes, and were losing every 50/50. Hunt was having a shocker and when he had the chance to equalise that was cleared off the line I did start to fear it might not be our day.

Equaliser caused pandemonium, i'd barely even caught my breath before Hunt added the second. Can't think of many goals I've celebrated quite like that. Those sort of celebrations are usually reserved for play off finals/semi-finals.

Second half was a stroll really. Harte's penalty made it nice and comfortable. Didn't even realise that Jimmy had smashed the ball home after the whistle had gone! The goal back made it a bit tense towards the end but West Ham seemed to be all over the place as they attempted to come forward, which left loads of room for us to exploit at the back. Had no idea who scored our 4th, but I didn't really care by that point!

And a final word for Mr K Nolan. Never really had a problem with him until today. Bit of a non-event of a player. But after today he has been promoted from "non-event" to "grade-A cock". Pathetic celebrations at 2-3 down.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 01 Apr 2012 12:17

Agent Wally does it again 8)

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

Re: West Ham - View from the other side...

by Man Friday » 01 Apr 2012 12:48

Binfield Royal The main point though, was the mongs. They are all SO ANGRY!

Strange, I'd always been led to believe that people with Down's Syndrome were affectionate and friendly. Perhaps there's a different strain in the East End.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 01 Apr 2012 15:16

Top day out, it started well on the tube from Liverpool street with some raucous singing, then onto a packed away end where you couldn't see a great deal but you were really close to the pitch and players. Mental scenes for the equaliser and I missed the second taking a piss but it was equally as mental in the concourse then and continued during half time.

West Ham just seemed to lose belief and we fed on their nervousness, a couple more goals to us wouldn't have been an injustice. The run in is in our hands now, and despite some difficult away trips to come I really think we can do it this year.

A final word for the cringeworthy post match interview from Fat Sam, he sounded like a 5 year old that had lost their best toy, close to tears. I was waiting for him to say "it's just not fair!"

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 01 Apr 2012 15:42

Ian Royal

No one is saying it wasn't the best game you've seen in a long time. It was bloody fantastic afterall. I was just pointing out that Rother was right and you were wrong about when we picked up because you seemed to be denial.

I have no interest in scoring points against you. I only have an interest in pointing out when someone appears to be wrong, especially when they get narky at someone for suggesting it. It's not my fault that such a high percentage of your posts fall into that category, is it.

Nuff said.

Edit: Well I did actually see the match RL. And apparently I'm the one trying to point score. :arrow:

:roll:

Get a room you two

241 posts