Back from the Game - West Ham

241 posts
paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Back from the Game - West Ham

by paultheroyal » 31 Mar 2012 17:32

What a day! Best away game for me!

First 35 or so we were awful. Bullied, could not get going, no wing play, and struggling!!

Hunt should of scored but then wow!!

What a turnaround. Too a man from then on in they were fantastic . Fighting for there lives, holding ball up and better wing play!

They can all score 9's on that win!

Fans awesome. Nolan an absolute tool. Federici legend with sock pull up gesture!!

Love this club!! URZ.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the Game - West Ham

by paultheroyal » 31 Mar 2012 17:34

Ps no spitting from Nolan but in the goal continually giving fans the double bird and swearing. Hideous individual.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 31 Mar 2012 17:46

First 35 we were terrible, not helped by Foy giving every decision their way.

Then we grew into it, Harte actually delivering a decent ball and Gorkss nodding in... then Hunt's goal is a bit of a blur...!

Half-time was epic, the concourse was absolutely buzzing, you'd thought we'd won it already!

Stonewall pen, just glad Harte finished it as the ball actually went in after the pen had been given...

Even when they made it 3-2 and that kunt Nolan celebrated for all he was worth you felt we were going to hold on... then up pops Ledge and the points are ours!

Cue mass exit from the West Ham fans, and even more delirium from Royals fans.

That 4-2 more than makes up for our last 4-2 result ;)

#bigbadwolf

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 31 Mar 2012 17:52

paultheroyal Ps no spitting from Nolan but in the goal continually giving fans the double bird and swearing. Hideous individual.

What a surprise. Big Sam's resident hired thug is nothing more than a common classless yob. To say he epitomises everything that the worst side of football stands for is a understatement.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 31 Mar 2012 18:01

[quote="chilipepper91"]First 35 we were terrible, not helped by Foy giving every decision their way.

Erm no it doesnt. Winning the FA Cup final against Man Utd 4-2 MIGHT make up for the last 4-2. Nothing else will

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Mar 2012 18:02

SydenhamRoyal
chilipepper91 First 35 we were terrible, not helped by Foy giving every decision their way.

Erm no it doesnt. Winning the FA Cup final against Man Utd 4-2 MIGHT make up for the last 4-2. Nothing else will

That's a bit OTT

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 31 Mar 2012 18:07

Hey, I'm enjoying the moment, no use dwelling on the past :wink:

A couple more things - Federici pulling his socks up was hilarious, Karacan was on the pitch at the end so his injury can't have been too bad, and couldn't see our "fifth" but it sounds like it was wrongly ruled out. Still, 4-2 will do I guess...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Mar 2012 18:08

chilipepper91 Hey, I'm enjoying the moment, no use dwelling on the past :wink:

A couple more things - Federici pulling his socks up was hilarious, Karacan was on the pitch at the end so his injury can't have been too bad, and couldn't see our "fifth" but it sounds like it was wrongly ruled out. Still, 4-2 will do I guess...

Jem looked mildly concussed on the cameras. I would expect him to be ok by next weekend though. Tabb on the other hand looks like he's ended his season.

W&E Royal

by W&E Royal » 31 Mar 2012 18:10

SydenhamRoyal
chilipepper91 First 35 we were terrible, not helped by Foy giving every decision their way.

What if we won the FA Cup three years on the trot 4-2 but not once against Man Utd?

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 31 Mar 2012 18:12

Makes all the times missing out seem worth while. Terrible first 30, but I commented to my Dad before our equalizer that we looked to have ridden out the worst and were getting into the game. Thought we could give it a real go in the 2nd half at 1-0; never saw what was coming!

2nd half performance was excellent. We barely looked troubled, created chances and were better all over. Even Kebe was working his socks off at the back. Will make going home to Essex next weekend a lot easier for me. Glad to get one over Nolan too; enough reason to hate WHU by himself.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 31 Mar 2012 18:12

What a great day out! East London is even more of a shithole than I remember, can't believe some poor buggers have to live there.

The game was mental. We were nowhere for the first half hour, really off the pace. West Ham were winning all the second balls and we were lucky to stay in the game. Was like the Cardiff away performance, only with less clinical finishing from the hosts.

Gorkks' goal was a great header, Green was exposed as a flapping idiot yet again. Celebrations were immense and had only just subsidised when Hunt received the ball in acres of space. After his miss earlier I wasn't that hopeful, but he steered it perfectly past the ill placed Green and the away end went ballistic! Ended up two rows forward and took an elbow to the head as I jumped up, but couldn't care less. 

Start of the second half was nervy. Pen looked cast-iron even from the other end of the pitch, although many couldn't bring themselves to watch as Harte scored it. 

West Ham huffed and puffed but never looked that threatening, when Vaz Te scored the almost seemed as surprised as we were that it was game on again. Nolan confirmed his status as a grade A tosser by snarling and gesturing at the away end, and odd thing to do when his team were still two goals from victory.

Following their goal they gained a bit of a lift as the home crowd finally came to life, but this was snuffed out by Ledge's goal. Cue ten minutes of relentless piss taking. Magic.

Genuinely didn't think we had a hope this afternoon, yet once again this wonderful team hands me the murking I deserve.

I love this club! 

NTRoyal

by NTRoyal » 31 Mar 2012 18:13

Just got in from work. Sounds amazing. Did anyone actually do the sock stuff?

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 31 Mar 2012 18:15

Not massively, although there were plenty of socks flying around.

Biggest WUM was Fedders!

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 31 Mar 2012 18:18

Just noticed.

If we beat Leeds on Friday afternoon, we go top.

:D

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 31 Mar 2012 18:39

If we win our next 2 games, we'll be laughing. :shock:

manny96

by manny96 » 31 Mar 2012 18:40

Such a sweet, sweet win. Typified the season really - slow start, really weren't in the game but ground out a lead by half time. At the same time, West Ham offered some neat passing in the middle of the park and little more, other than trying to kick Kebe (et al.) off the park. I can't say I didn't sweat a little when they scored their second (and Nolan, what an utter tosser - glad he got ripped by our fans at the end as well).

I don't want talk on West Ham much - their fans offered little more than berating their own players and booing two clearly injured players in Karacan and Tabb off the field. Class.

Otherwise, a really professional performance which could ultimately be crucial - and didn't the players know it at the end. Lovely stuff.
Oh and Southampton just lost, so it's even better.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 31 Mar 2012 18:50

Ian Royal
SydenhamRoyal

That's a bit OTT

but only a little bit :D

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 31 Mar 2012 18:50

W&E Royal
SydenhamRoyal

What if we won the FA Cup three years on the trot 4-2 but not once against Man Utd?

I guess I could accept that. Maybe. :mrgreen:

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 31 Mar 2012 18:54

From KUMB

This ain't about a smaller club getting one over us or a big club giving us a lesson in football. This is Reading, and they're *****. The embarrasing bit is not only being beaten by them, it's the fact that they have made us their nemesis and they still beat us......

Don't you just love it!

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 31 Mar 2012 18:57

I was in the Main Stand trying not to look too cheerful..By the end I was pretty much on my own :lol:

My take on the decisions at the 'other' end.

- definite but very soft pen
- disallowed Hunt goal rightly disallowed I thought, ball out of play
- 4th goal - Hunt looked well offside to me - if the lino got that right fair play to him

Great entertainment. Thought we were timid and on for a beating until we scored. Thank God they didn't get a second. Then WHU fell apart. One of their forwards even cleared the ball off our line.

I could see plenty of socks from where I was and an ocean of emoty seats by the 95th min.

241 posts