by 1871 Royal » 11 Apr 2012 11:49

That was ace.

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The Brighton (A) Match Thread - Sponsored by FatboySlim

by Seal » 11 Apr 2012 12:23

Ian Royal
Seal
Pseud O'Nym KUMB in surprisingly philosophical mood tonight. I guess the family buckets of sour grapes were a heat of the moment thing when we beat them. Kind of disappointing.

To be fair they really should walk the playoff IF that's where they end up.

We NEED auto more than them as our playoff record is so damn awful. We know the pain!

If West Ham don't get 1st / 2nd they're going nowhere.

I'd be prepared to Wager that IF it's where they end up that they win the POs.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 11 Apr 2012 15:10

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDet ... 05,00.html

The Royals were proud to receive a note of thanks on Wednesday afternoon from Brighton and Hove Albion, who took time out to contact the club and praise the behaviour of Reading's fans at the Amex Stadium.

A sell-out allocation of 2,733 supporters travelled down from Berkshire to witness Brian McDermott's men snatch a memorable 1-0 win over the Seagulls - and as has been the case in recent weeks, they were a credit to their team.

Chris Baker, Head Safety Officer and Security Manager for Brighton and Hove Albion, sent the following:

"Just a quick note to let you know what a credit to the club the Reading fans were last night. We had no issues at all and they helped to provide a fantastic atmosphere in the stadium. The rapport between the stewards and fans was excellent and everyone that I spoke to was full of praise for the way the supporters conducted themselves. Please could you ensure that this is conveyed to your media guys as we would like to thank the supporters and wish you all the best for the rest of the season."

It's not the first time the club has received such praise this season - and it's a testament to the terrific nature of our supporters.

Reading Football Club would like to thank each and every fan for their attendance on Tuesday evening - and we hope to see you back again before the end of the campaign.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Apr 2012 15:16

and i in return should like to thank brighton and hove albion for the warm welcome we recieved, their friendly stewarding, gr8 food, quality cold fizzy beer, 3 points , and cushioned seats

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 11 Apr 2012 16:00

Friday's Legacy http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2731305,00.html

The Royals were proud to receive a note of thanks on Wednesday afternoon from Brighton and Hove Albion, who took time out to contact the club and praise the behaviour of Reading's fans at the Amex Stadium.

A sell-out allocation of 2,733 supporters travelled down from Berkshire to witness Brian McDermott's men snatch a memorable 1-0 win over the Seagulls - and as has been the case in recent weeks, they were a credit to their team.

Chris Baker, Head Safety Officer and Security Manager for Brighton and Hove Albion, sent the following:

"Just a quick note to let you know what a credit to the club the Reading fans were last night. We had no issues at all and they helped to provide a fantastic atmosphere in the stadium. The rapport between the stewards and fans was excellent and everyone that I spoke to was full of praise for the way the supporters conducted themselves. Please could you ensure that this is conveyed to your media guys as we would like to thank the supporters and wish you all the best for the rest of the season."

It's not the first time the club has received such praise this season - and it's a testament to the terrific nature of our supporters.

Reading Football Club would like to thank each and every fan for their attendance on Tuesday evening - and we hope to see you back again before the end of the campaign.
Please forward this onto Clive Doyle at Reading FC and ask what it is about home games that make our fans turn into such knuckle dragging hooligans as we're treated?

Thanks kindly

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Apr 2012 16:04

Seal
Ian Royal
Seal
To be fair they really should walk the playoff IF that's where they end up.

We NEED auto more than them as our playoff record is so damn awful. We know the pain!

If West Ham don't get 1st / 2nd they're going nowhere.

I'd be prepared to Wager that IF it's where they end up that they win the POs.

I'd happily put money on it in person. But not over the 'net.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 11 Apr 2012 16:32

Friday's Legacy http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~2731305,00.html

That's the trouble with having so many new plastics. They may know what a football fan is but they don't understand what being a proper footballer fan is all about. They should have smashed the place up and given the opposing firm a good kicking.

:oops: Sorry, found my way back into the Warnock golden era of football for a moment there.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 11 Apr 2012 16:37

So glad this thread got to where it deserves.

I have never posted more in a thread in my time here on Hob Nob, so it will be forever dear in my heart.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 11 Apr 2012 16:39

HOF :arrow:

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Apr 2012 16:41

Ian Royal
Barney 4 games ago we all looked at Blackpool, West Ham, Leeds and Brighton.

Not one of us predicted TWELVE points. Not one of us. But that is what the players and management got. Not 6 points. Not 8 points. They got, and won, the lot. Epic performances. Great goals against Blackpool. Stuffed West Ham in their depressing back yard. Stood tall against the thugs of Leeds. And did the business at Brighton.

*cought* Brendy *cough*

:lol:

yeah!

jazz

by jazz » 11 Apr 2012 17:45

Mr Chris Baker seems a decent man. Gives credit where credit is due.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 11 Apr 2012 19:02

As Jim Morrison once said;

Proud to be part of this number... :D 8)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Apr 2012 20:03

wingnut In the interests of getting this thread over the finishing line...

I didnt go to the game or follow it online as I was too nervous and from reading all of this I'm extremely glad I didn't as I don't think I could've withstoodtge tension. It was bad enough holding off until 10pm to check the scores.

I thought I was the only gutless tart that did that. :shock:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 11 Apr 2012 21:32

Libertine As Jim Morrison once said;

Proud to be part of this number... :D 8)

Not too sure who that is, but this thread deffinitely needs some 'o this..

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 03 Jul 2012 14:49

Katy 1971
No Fixed Abode How Brighton did get another penalty! :shock:

Sorry?

What for Paul ?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 03 Jul 2012 19:02

1016 posts