How many of our players have "won something"

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

Re: How many of our players have "won something"

by Cobi » 25 Apr 2012 11:27

Did he get a medal? If he did then someone at the club was generous enough to give him one, because the club are only given so many, and you generally only get one if you've played a certain number of games.

Where have you seen that Halls got one? Link please.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 25 Apr 2012 11:32

Cobi Did he get a medal? If he did then someone at the club was generous enough to give him one, because the club are only given so many, and you generally only get one if you've played a certain number of games.

My eyes after the QPR game.....all the players came out, he had his kid with him and a medal round his neck.

Anyway, you're wrong - everyone gets a medal, its not like the Premier League whereby you have to play a certain amount of games (10 i think). Plus even if there aren't enough medals then the club can request (buy) more.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 25 Apr 2012 11:48

Talking of Harte and Roberts with their runners-up medals, Andy Griffin got a FA Cup one whilst at Newcastle.

Is he still at the club, not sure I've seen him in any of the celebratory pictures?

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 25 Apr 2012 11:50

TBM
Cobi Did he get a medal? If he did then someone at the club was generous enough to give him one, because the club are only given so many, and you generally only get one if you've played a certain number of games.

My eyes after the QPR game.....all the players came out, he had his kid with him and a medal round his neck.

Anyway, you're wrong - everyone gets a medal, its not like the Premier League whereby you have to play a certain amount of games (10 i think). Plus even if there aren't enough medals then the club can request (buy) more.

It was even on the OS back before we lifted the trophy. The club is given a certain amount. Do some research, that I assure you is the case.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 25 Apr 2012 11:50

Whore Jackie Talking of Harte and Roberts with their runners-up medals, Andy Griffin got a FA Cup one whilst at Newcastle.

Is he still at the club, not sure I've seen him in any of the celebratory pictures?

Griffin was interviewed on Reading player after the Forest win and basically said the Newcastle team/achievement when he was there was better than this one

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 25 Apr 2012 11:51

Cobi
TBM

It was even on the OS back before we lifted the trophy. The club is given a certain amount. Do some research, that I assure you is the case.

That's as I understand it as well. I don't know who got what but we were definately only given a specific amount of medals to issue out.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 25 Apr 2012 11:53

TBM
Whore Jackie Talking of Harte and Roberts with their runners-up medals, Andy Griffin got a FA Cup one whilst at Newcastle.

Griffin was interviewed on Reading player after the Forest win and basically said the Newcastle team/achievement when he was there was better than this one

:lol: Going to miss Griffin's old-school brutal honesty.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 25 Apr 2012 11:57

Shaun Cummings won his case about carrying a fire arm.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by TBM » 25 Apr 2012 11:57

Cobi
TBM

I did, and if you read what i wrote then the club can request more medals if they don't have enough.......they are given a certain amount to dish out as they feel, you don't have to play a certain amount of games to "qualify".

Anyway, can you really see the club saying to Gunnarsson that he can't have one, despite all season saying its a "team effort, not just the 11/16 on the pitch"

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 25 Apr 2012 12:00

TBM

He was in the tunnel at the Forest game and was going mental when the final whistle went. So a) he must be involved still and b) he definitely cares.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 25 Apr 2012 12:40

Karl Sheppard won the 2011 setanta sports cup in Ireland as well as the league.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 25 Apr 2012 13:01

rfcjoe Shaun Cummings won his case about carrying a fire arm.

Nicholas Bignall.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 25 Apr 2012 14:01

Adi Viveash could win the FA Youth Cup with Chelsea as manager of course. 4-0 up from the first leg.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Apr 2012 15:23

Forbury Lion Ex-player Steve Sidwell has won two championships, the second being the Premiership with Chelsea :shock:

Chris Casper might have had a medal or two & Martin Keown definitely did.

Sids only played for Chelsea in 07/08 and they finished runners up

The Cube

by The Cube » 25 Apr 2012 17:22

Optimist Michail Antonio won the JPT with Southampton!

And Joseph Mills was in the same team.

Also, Gunnarsson won the same competition (then known as the Auto Windscreens Shield) in 2000 with Stoke.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 25 Apr 2012 17:25

Pseud O'Nym

Nicholas Bignall.

:?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 25 Apr 2012 17:33

Pseud O'Nym

Nicholas Bignall.

They all look alike to rfcjoe.

because they wear blue and white shirts.

17Bus

by 17Bus » 25 Apr 2012 17:55

Tomasz Cywka was part of the Gwarek Zabrze team that won the 2006 Polish U-19 Championship.
Not sure if he gets a Championship medal , but Ethan Gage was part of the Vancouver Whitecaps team that won the USL in 2008.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 25 Apr 2012 19:05

sandman
Pseud O'Nym

Nicholas Bignall.

They all look alike to rfcjoe.

because they wear blue and white shirts.

I completely forgot how slow our shite fans are for a sec & made a joke about ethnics carrying guns. Didn't know/hear about Bignall.

jazz

by jazz » 25 Apr 2012 19:39

My great grandfather, amateur on RFC's books. Reading Central League champions in 1910.