Andy Griffin Released

Cypry

Andy Griffin Released

by Cypry » 02 May 2012 06:50

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Andy Griffin Released

by wingnut » 02 May 2012 06:53

I hope he gets another deal at a Championship club - always liked him after he made an instant impact on his first game after joining on loan.

Says some nice things about the club & Brian, too.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 02 May 2012 07:01

Jonny Fordham "Brett Williams and Cedric Baseya are all out of contract this summer and unlikely to be given new deals."

:roll:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 02 May 2012 07:29

Friday's Legacy
Jonny Fordham "Brett Williams and Cedric Baseya are all out of contract this summer and unlikely to be given new deals."

:roll:

Hardly Fordham's fault:

http://www.readingfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10306~54980,00.html

"Instantly impressed with a goal in a reserve team clash with Colchester, and so signed a deal until the summer of 2012 to experience his first taste of full time training. "

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 02 May 2012 07:51

No great surprise here but I wish him all the best.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 02 May 2012 08:10

I can't bring myself to like the fellar after what happened at Wembley

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 02 May 2012 08:13

Gave some sterling perfomances for Reading. Shame about the big day at Wembley but thanks Griff for all the effort!

muddyfeet
Hob Nob Regular

by muddyfeet » 02 May 2012 08:14

top guy but was never going to cut it in the premier
hope someone takes him on tho

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 02 May 2012 08:21

HoneyRoastHoax I can't bring myself to like the fellar after what happened at Wembley

Yes that was pretty awful. But, he has given this club a good few seasons of service with some great performances and i'm sure Shaun Cummings would have learnt a lot from him.

Cheers Griff, true gent and all the best

PS Just dont end up at Aldersh*t!!!!

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 02 May 2012 08:23

Yeah I know its unjust

All the best Griff

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 02 May 2012 08:26

Brians first signing, (along with Thorvaldsson) and what a good one it was. The composure, class and experience just moved our team up a notch, and Griff led our charge from relegation probables to playoff outsiders in his first half year on loan. He wasn't as incredible after signing permenently, but was still a key player of our playoff final defeat season.

Any focus on the odd individual errors should remember Federici, Harte, Pearce, Mills, Khiz, Cummings all made horrendous individual mistakes at times that season, it wasn't Griffos fault his was costly. (And we could have lost to Swansea anyway).

He was poor at the start of this season but lets remember he slotted in at LB to gian some crucial clean sheets so played a part in our success. Hes getting on, Cummings has stepped up, so it makes sense if he moves one, but thanks for playing a role in rebuilding our club!

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 02 May 2012 08:29

Z175 Brians first signing, (along with Thorvaldsson) and what a good one it was. The composure, class and experience just moved our team up a notch, and Griff led our charge from relegation probables to playoff outsiders in his first half year on loan. He wasn't as incredible after signing permenently, but was still a key player of our playoff final defeat season.

Any focus on the odd individual errors should remember Federici, Harte, Pearce, Mills, Khiz, Cummings all made horrendous individual mistakes at times that season, it wasn't Griffos fault his was costly. (And we could have lost to Swansea anyway).

He was poor at the start of this season but lets remember he slotted in at LB to gian some crucial clean sheets so played a part in our success. Hes getting on, Cummings has stepped up, so it makes sense if he moves one, but thanks for playing a role in rebuilding our club!

Very good post. Very much an unsung hero here. Good luck, Griff. Hope you end up at a decent club!

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 02 May 2012 08:31

I reckon he'll go to Man U

mr_number
Hob Nob Regular

by mr_number » 02 May 2012 08:33

When he came in he was absolutely crucial, and for that at least we've got to thank him. He's been there when we've needed him, and he's been part of one of the best seasons in our history, so thank you Andy. Best of luck.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 02 May 2012 08:43

He was great when he was in the team, and it was no shame to be ousted by Shaun Cummings. It's a pity the new rules even prevented the odd sub appearance. All he did up to the play-off final far outweighs his shared responsibility for the defensive cock-ups that day. I think he was a Reading great - one we were lucky to have playing for us.

reading_fan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by reading_fan » 02 May 2012 08:47

Not surprised to see him go, arguably 3rd choice at right back this season after the arrival of Connolly. A good pro, and a fantastic servant for us, including a great season in the play off campaign. Good luck Griff.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 02 May 2012 09:12

I thought he had class, very rarely gave the ball away, good positional sense but his lack of pace is probably what worried BMc about the offering him another deal

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 02 May 2012 09:13

Z175 Brians first signing, (along with Thorvaldsson) and what a good one it was. The composure, class and experience just moved our team up a notch, and Griff led our charge from relegation probables to playoff outsiders in his first half year on loan. He wasn't as incredible after signing permenently, but was still a key player of our playoff final defeat season.

Excellent post.

Griff was a catalyst for our turnaround under McD. I loved seeing his composure and intelligence - from the off his top-flight experience greatly improved us, and no doubt his presence at the club has encouraged Cummings to improve to the required level. Thanks for your efforts Andy.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 May 2012 09:29

No surprise really, but had a good little spell at the club and was a vital signing at the time.

A proper professional and I loved watching him niggle away and go about his job in a great fashion.

Thanks Griff, you did a cracking job, but time's rightfully up unfortunately.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 02 May 2012 09:37

Remember his debut at Forest away. 1st half dodgy, 2nd half imperious.

A great player who gets my appreciation for his contribution to RFC.