Garath McCleary

394 posts
Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

Re: Gareth McCleary

by Ups and Downs » 01 May 2012 15:20

TBM
Ups and Downs I for one look forward to seeing McCleary joining as soon as the TSI deal is ratified next week.

Thought you said it wasn't happening?!

No, I said SJM was looking for a way out after speaking to Kenyon and was only repeating (wish i hadnt) what I was told, but it was obviously bullshit as its going through next week.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 May 2012 15:37

He's 25

According to wiki...

McCleary's football career began with Oxford City, and spent time with Oxford United but never signed a contract with the team despite spending 3 months with the club.

He joined Slough Town and then moved to Bromley in January 2007. In total McCleary made over 40 appearances for Bromley scoring 11 goals. Nottingham Forest manager Colin Calderwood offered him a trial at the City Ground where he did well enough to secure a contract on 31 January, 2008.

McCleary made his first team debut for Forest as an 87th minute substitute, in a 1–0 home defeat against Carlisle United, on 3 March 2008. He scored his first goal for the club on 1 April 2008 in injury time, in a 2–0 win at Carlisle. On 5 April he was handed his first start where he was voted Man of the Match as Forest beat Cheltenham Town 3–1 at the City Ground.

In the 2011/12 season McCleary scored nine goals; six of which came in March 2012. Four came in a high-scoring game away to Leeds United at Elland Road, where Forest won 7-3. These performances resulted in McCleary being named as the Football League Championship Player of the Month. He was voted Forest's Player of the Season by the Forest supporters, beating Joel Lynch and Chris Gunter into second and third respectively

Camberleyroyal - is this the man you saw with Brian?

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 01 May 2012 15:43

He's 24

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 01 May 2012 15:51

Ups and Downs
TBM
Ups and Downs I for one look forward to seeing McCleary joining as soon as the TSI deal is ratified next week.

Thought you said it wasn't happening?!

No, I said SJM was looking for a way out after speaking to Kenyon and was only repeating (wish i hadnt) what I was told, but it was obviously bullshit as its going through next week.

I think you're confusing your Kenyon's and your Kenwright's... FWIW, SJM still claims to not have spoken to Bill Kenwright about Chris Samuelson and Boris Zingarevich.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular

by Ups and Downs » 01 May 2012 16:02

Yes Kenwright. I'm surprised they haven't spoken about it at all. What harm would a friendly conversation have had.

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 01 May 2012 16:18

He has a ginormous nose.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 May 2012 16:20

Ups and Downs Yes Kenwright. I'm surprised they haven't spoken about it at all. What harm would a friendly conversation have had.

TBF, given that if TSI are genuine then we would become a serious rival for Everton towards the top 10 of the Premiership....what motivation does Kenwright have to be honest?

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 01 May 2012 16:25

winchester_royal
Ups and Downs Yes Kenwright. I'm surprised they haven't spoken about it at all. What harm would a friendly conversation have had.

TBF, given that if TSI are genuine then we would become a serious rival for Everton towards the top 10 of the Premiership....what motivation does Kenwright have to be honest?

Kenwright and Madejski are long time friends, however SJM has said he didn't feel the need to 'check up on' Samuelson and the Zingarevich's. He has full faith in them.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 01 May 2012 16:31

urz13 He has a ginormous nose.

I had to double check after you wrote that and I can concur, he has a bit of face on his nose

CamberleyRoyal

by CamberleyRoyal » 01 May 2012 16:32

Guys, he now has a mohican (not fully grown) as per the Nottingham Forest player of the year award. Once this is confirmed, I will pass over some more information about the club but let's wait until this goes through first and then I will not need to comment numerous times to prove my point!
I was actually at the hotel all day yesterday and evening. After the conference we had a guided tour of the ground and then dinner in the Directors suite whilst watching the Man City v Man Utd game.

Do you chaps not think that a young player who has a growing reputation and is out of contract would be a good addition to the squad? The only english club players that we would be close to finalising deals with at this stage of the season would be those where their season has ended and they have nothing further to play for - therefore you are down to Championship players and clubs who are not involved in the play offs (all other divisions still have games to play)!

Wait and see!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 01 May 2012 16:36

21 (1) Appearances, 9 Goals and 7 Assists, and still learning the professional game!!

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 May 2012 16:45

CamberleyRoyal Guys, he now has a mohican (not fully grown) as per the Nottingham Forest player of the year award. Once this is confirmed, I will pass over some more information about the club but let's wait until this goes through first and then I will not need to comment numerous times to prove my point!
I was actually at the hotel all day yesterday and evening. After the conference we had a guided tour of the ground and then dinner in the Directors suite whilst watching the Man City v Man Utd game.

Do you chaps not think that a young player who has a growing reputation and is out of contract would be a good addition to the squad? The only english club players that we would be close to finalising deals with at this stage of the season would be those where their season has ended and they have nothing further to play for - therefore you are down to Championship players and clubs who are not involved in the play offs (all other divisions still have games to play)!

Wait and see!

Camberley ...its not about whether hed be a good signing ...he definitely would be and if you are proved to be correct it would be a great coup by the club...its the IF...but this is Unfounded Rumours and Gossip..so all should be taken in context I guess .......

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 01 May 2012 16:57

Who was the other new poster yesterday that claimed to have had a friend in the hotel who saw someone also with a mohican talking to Nick Hammond and Brian yesterday? He also went on to say his first name was Patrick, which was one hell of a leap - as if negotiating contracts with players in full public view wasn't outrageous enough...

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular

by Ups and Downs » 01 May 2012 17:42

CamberleyRoyal Guys, he now has a mohican (not fully grown) as per the Nottingham Forest player of the year award. Once this is confirmed, I will pass over some more information about the club but let's wait until this goes through first and then I will not need to comment numerous times to prove my point!

Wait and see!

I believe you. I honestly do. People these days just have no faith whatsoever. They might have just been having a spot of lunch or a drink after intense behind the scenes negotiations. It's perfectly possible.

Oh and F*ck off newbie.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Garath McCleary

by andrew1957 » 01 May 2012 17:55

I sometimes meet clients at the Madstad and I can verify that I have seen Nicky Hammond in the bar having business meetings in the past. Perhaps his office is very small.

In any case there would be no need for confidentiality if we are keen on McCleary as he is out of contract and so it would be just a case of what terms we are prepared to offer and whether he wants to accept.

He does look a good prospect though and a typical RFC signing.

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular

by Ups and Downs » 01 May 2012 17:58

I would say that having an informal chat in the open would fit right in with the McDermott way. It's for Hammond and the agent to hammer out a deal, not the player and McD.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 01 May 2012 19:17

Wait and see!

Please pass over other informations please.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 01 May 2012 19:32

We cannot talk to a player whose contract is expiring in the summer until the start of June unless the other club give us permission. From what I have heard Forest want to offer him a new deal so that is unlikely. Happy to be proved wrong though......

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 01 May 2012 19:47

Mike Hunt

Wait and see!

+1, why so secretive?

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 01 May 2012 20:35

urz13
Mike Hunt

Wait and see!

+1, why so secretive?

Formulating the next lie?

Sorry CR, until your info is proven correct (like Friday's Legacy and gazza, loyal royal) you will get much the same as this.

394 posts