Thames Sports Investment

186 posts
leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thames Sports Investment

by leicsRoyal » 24 Jan 2012 21:19

ZacNaloen
leicsRoyal Not sure what to make of these two statements below.

Taken from a news report in 2005.

January 2005 Residing in Monaco, Bates buys Leeds United, the club's debts having been reduced from £103m to £30m. Leeds is now owned by a trust based in Geneva, the Fortress Sports Fund. Its owners are anonymous.

Taken from an article published in 2004,

Anton Zingarevich is a founder of the Brunei-based Fortress Sports Fund, and Kenwright promised: "It is the ambition of myself and the sports fund to return Everton to its former glory."

Does Samuelson work out of Geneva?

Well obviously it's the same organisation,.

That said doesn't matter anyway, Bates owns Leeds outright now. And from what I understand the way Leeds was owned up until last year was several companies owning less than 10% of the club. So Fortress Sports must have been a minority or out of the picture prior to last year as well.

Not far off.

May 2011
"To address this issue, and in the hope that this brings an end to the speculation, the chairman, Ken Bates, has completed the purchase of FSF Limited for an undisclosed sum. FSF Limited is now owned by Outro Limited, which is wholly owned by Ken Bates."

I just was looking into the background of our new investors and the timeline reads..

Anton Zigarevich founder of Fortress Sports Foundation in Brunei
Samuelson Manager of FSF based in Geneva
FSF controlling stake in Leeds United
FA issue warning that they need to know who the investors are
Statement from FSF says an anonymous West Indian Holding Company
Bates buys FSF to clear up any doubt.
Last edited by leicsRoyal on 24 Jan 2012 21:30, edited 1 time in total.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 24 Jan 2012 21:28

The one thing that does demonstrate is that the Fortress Sports fund was real and wasn't imaginary like some publicatins around Everton would lead you to believe.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 24 Jan 2012 21:31

ZacNaloen The one thing that does demonstrate is that the Fortress Sports fund was real and wasn't imaginary like some publicatins around Everton would lead you to believe.

Sorry Zac, edited above before I saw your post.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 24 Jan 2012 21:33

So when asked what budget they wanted for January BMac and NHam said a few hundred thousand for Karleigh Osborne and Jason Roberts?

Ambitious CLOLub

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jan 2012 21:34

I can't say I'm pleased by the association with Mr Ken "Dodgy as Fcuk" Bates.

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 24 Jan 2012 21:35

Simon's Church So when asked what budget they wanted for January BMac and NHam said a few hundred thousand for Karleigh Osborne and Jason Roberts?

Ambitious CLOLub

:|

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 24 Jan 2012 21:39

Cypry Samuelson has been around a while - he looks like a fella I know, made me notice him - I first spotted him parking in the car park outside the Megastore on a match day some time in September/October....

Indeed. He was here for the Stevenage game too and that still hasn't put him and Anton off.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 24 Jan 2012 21:39

Ian Royal I can't say I'm pleased by the association with Mr Ken "Dodgy as Fcuk" Bates.

Not sure it's the same vehicle tbh. TSI clearly want to be heavily involved with the club and take it forward. By the looks of it FSF was completely different, especially given it describe itself a 'West Indian holding company'.

TBH I don't think it's in anyway relevant to our current situation.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 24 Jan 2012 21:43

winchester_royal
Ian Royal I can't say I'm pleased by the association with Mr Ken "Dodgy as Fcuk" Bates.

Not sure it's the same vehicle tbh. TSI clearly want to be heavily involved with the club and take it forward. By the looks of it FSF was completely different, especially given it describe itself a 'West Indian holding company'.

Agree that it is probably not relevant to our situation. Just strange that with all this talk of Everton that Leeds hasn't been mentioned. FSF did own Leeds, was set up by Zingarevich and managed by Samuelson.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 24 Jan 2012 21:44

I've got the impression from Samuelson's interviews that the Zingareviches walked away from FSF after the Everton deal, so if that is accurate any link is merely that it was founded by Zingarevich. Think about it, the media would know who founded the fund as that's a matter of public record, so why wasn't this brought up during the Leeds debacle about ownership last year unless they know they definitely aren't involved anymore?

79Royal

by 79Royal » 24 Jan 2012 21:45

Agree with you on this. Although, Samuelson did say in the press conference that owning a club was 'a dream' for Anton Zingarevich. The attempted investment in Everton and the stake in Leeds may just have been his way of trying to realise that dream. As dodgy as Bates is, it doesn't necessarily follow that Zingarevich et al are too.

We should also remember that he's only 29. That's young for a club owner by anybody's standards. He's bound to make a mistake or two along the way.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 24 Jan 2012 21:50

FWIW, I thought Chris Samuelson came across quite well in that conference. JM looked a bit shocked at his honesty in discounting press speculation of £40M for their 51% stake and, indeed, future stadium naming rights. Promising stuff.

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 24 Jan 2012 21:52

I don't have a clue on all these past businesses and who has attempted to buy which club and what!!

All I'm interested is that McD was given the funds he requested!!

SO NO PRESSURE MCDERMOTT BUT MAKE IT HAPPEN: WE TRUST YOUR EVERY MOVE!!!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jan 2012 21:52

Oh yeah, it only comes down to not pleased about a little aspect of it which may be utterly insignificant. Not saying I suddenly think the whole thing's a disaster.

It just comes back to that "too good to be true" feeling.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 24 Jan 2012 21:53

Whore Jackie FWIW, I thought Chris Samuelson came across quite well in that conference. JM looked a bit shocked at his honesty in discounting press speculation of £40M for their 51% stake and, indeed, future stadium naming rights. Promising stuff.

indeed. he grew on me a lot. he certainly said all the right things. good times ahead, i just hope i don't log in one evening and see a thread titled "TSI Pull Out".

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 24 Jan 2012 21:57

Friday's Legacy
Whore Jackie FWIW, I thought Chris Samuelson came across quite well in that conference. JM looked a bit shocked at his honesty in discounting press speculation of £40M for their 51% stake and, indeed, future stadium naming rights. Promising stuff.

i just hope i don't log in one evening and see a thread titled "TSI Pull Out".

Please don't say that it's a depressing thought

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 24 Jan 2012 21:59

Is there a place to watch the press conference??

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 24 Jan 2012 21:59

winchester_royal

Neither do I, not sure what people are actually bothered about. :shock:

rfc2001

by rfc2001 » 24 Jan 2012 22:00

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 24 Jan 2012 22:22

Absolutely delighted having listened to the interview, seems just what we need.

186 posts