SIGNED - Pavel Pogrebnyak

1333 posts
Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Pavel Pogrebnyak

by Friday's Legacy » 25 Jun 2012 21:56

GSY-Royal
bennno
TheLawnMowerMan Work permit isn't usually an issue for announcing deals "subject to work permit" - happens all the time.
I suspect there is an issue (and I have for a while), but I'm not claiming to be "ITK" - just that it doesn't sound right that it is being delayed for just that reason.

Having said that, NH said it was a done deal and he doesn't often say stuff he doesn't need to.

Done deal subject to anything specific, or just a done deal?

Read on the Transfer Rumours Shoite website that Trabzonspor of Turkey have offered him a big money deal all of a sudden, and this is causing the delay.

Obviously the site is well known for being fairly unreliable however it's the only reason besides the work permit I've heard/can think of. Not necessarily Trabzonspor but some other club coming into the equation? Surely us and Fulham weren't the only ones interested...

Villa were/are, and there was talk of Sunderland.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 25 Jun 2012 22:18

If he chose us over Fulham, I don't see Villa or Sunderland being a threat.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 25 Jun 2012 22:20

If this is the case , then give him and his agent a deadline and if that isn't met .. then walk away ..otherwise the club could be hanging on all over summer whilst his agent tries trumping up further interest to get into a bidding war.....

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 25 Jun 2012 22:23

Friday's Legacy
GSY-Royal Done deal subject to anything specific, or just a done deal?

Villa were/are, and there was talk of Sunderland.

Can I suggest that comments like 'done deal' on pavel are unhelpful and that applying a more restrained approach might be beneficial all round. The danger of real time reporting is that we end up with updates that appear as facts but then the facts change (which to be fair is acknowledged by you) I realise there are websites to promote but the somewhat breathless reporting of minute by minute negotiations may backfire. I'm sure we all welcome greater insight but that should be tempered by avoiding over playing the good hand that yoi're dealt by having access.

Gazzer loyal royal strikes a very good balance....

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Jun 2012 22:29

I reckon the deal is almost done. Having a Russian owner must be a big plus and surely another club coming in for him at the eleventh hour would be a bigger issue than has been suggested further back. Also, Hammond doesn't usually say too much unless the deal is as good as done. I can't remember his comments pre the Tommy Smith saga.

Got the T-Shirt

by Got the T-Shirt » 25 Jun 2012 22:31

blythspartan Having supported Reading for more than 40 years and enjoying reading the comments on HNA for a couple of years, I am loving all the rumours and BS. Even if most don't come to fruition it's exciting and when one does come true all the better. I wish I wasn't such a techno phobic, as I would have joined HNA months a go.

+1

themadstad

by themadstad » 25 Jun 2012 22:33

John Peel
themadstad Well he'd have been on a visa last 6 months, UKBA and the like haven't changed policies so significantly?

Yep, that's right. Because it was a six month loan and because he would not have been classed as a migrant, he would have been granted a short term visitor visa. Because it's a potential four year contract and because he would be considered a migrant, he has to apply for a visa using the points based system, which can take a while to sort out if there is any question mark over anything in his application.

Close but not quite only the technicalities. You can't work on a visitor visa. His contract a Fulham was 6 months, UKBA would have issued a visa under tier 2 (temporary) rules to cover this. Footballers fall under tier 2 rules, the club must sponsor the application. Visa then granted for contract period.

Essentially though his visa initially issued will not cover a new contract. So Reading would need to support a new visa with contract etc. Basically it shouldn't be a problem unless he has even in trouble whilst here etc.
Last edited by themadstad on 25 Jun 2012 22:37, edited 1 time in total.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 25 Jun 2012 22:37

Hammod quotes from getreading

“Things have progressed well and we are hoping to have an agreement finalised soon,” Hammond told getreading.

“Pavel is a good player and both myself and the manager (Brian McDermott) have had some good discussions with him.

“We are hopeful that we will have the deal finalised soon once he is granted a work permit, which we don’t envisage he will have any problems getting.”

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2115737_pogrebnyak_set_to_be_the_first_of_big_reading_fc_signings

So, not saying done deal other than work permit. If AZ is pepared to visit him to get him to join then I'd be fairly sure he would have a good chance of ironing out any other issues.
I believe that The Pog did say that he wanted to come back to the EPL, so I'd be surprised if Turkey was his destination.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 26 Jun 2012 00:05

Could it be a medical issue holding things up? There were talks of a knee issue that were dismissed as BS. Just a thought...

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 26 Jun 2012 07:03

:|

Did you fail to read the post above yours?

“We are hopeful that we will have the deal finalised soon once he is granted a work permit, which we don’t envisage he will have any problems getting.”

bennno

by bennno » 26 Jun 2012 07:50

royal ginge might be on right lines, deals get signed and announced subject to work permits

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 26 Jun 2012 08:00

Blimey, this thread has everything, suspense of will he sign, tension induced by other clubs, humour of the piss-taking, pathos of who will sign for little Reading FC and now the added mystery of a potetially dodgy kneecap. I just don't know if I will last to the end..... now where did I leave my popcorn?

themadstad

by themadstad » 26 Jun 2012 08:02

Knees, well left knee which was mentioned a week back? Remember BWP, issue there with knees. Charlton then signed him, he did very well for them the following season.

Yet we have been linked to Michael Owen and Ledley King this summer.

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 26 Jun 2012 08:45

The deal will be signed when the work permit comes through.Simples.

bennno

by bennno » 26 Jun 2012 08:54

As I put above this is currently in the balance for reasons entirely non related to work permits. Will go either way in next 2-3 days.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 26 Jun 2012 09:06

bennno As I put above this is currently in the balance for reasons entirely non related to work permits. Will go either way in next 2-3 days.

Can I make a wild guess that it depends on what happens with the Sig. Signing him will change our tactics from 442 to 451 with Roberts likely to be the 1, which equals lots of bench time for the Pog.

dogzbollox

by dogzbollox » 26 Jun 2012 09:13

Elm Park Pasty Blimey, this thread has everything, suspense of will he sign, tension induced by other clubs, humour of the piss-taking, pathos of who will sign for little Reading FC and now the added mystery of a potetially dodgy kneecap. I just don't know if I will last to the end..... now where did I leave my popcorn?

OI MATE.... Quiet down in front there..trying to watch the film here

LanercostRoyal

by LanercostRoyal » 26 Jun 2012 09:27

Pog will be unveiled on Friday IMO, for a number of reasons... 8)

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 26 Jun 2012 09:34

dogzbollox
Elm Park Pasty Blimey, this thread has everything, suspense of will he sign, tension induced by other clubs, humour of the piss-taking, pathos of who will sign for little Reading FC and now the added mystery of a potetially dodgy kneecap. I just don't know if I will last to the end..... now where did I leave my popcorn?

OI MATE.... Quiet down in front there..trying to watch the film here

Sorry :oops: Just as well I didn't choose the Nachos!

themadstad

by themadstad » 26 Jun 2012 09:51

PieEater
bennno As I put above this is currently in the balance for reasons entirely non related to work permits. Will go either way in next 2-3 days.

Can I make a wild guess that it depends on what happens with the Sig. Signing him will change our tactics from 442 to 451 with Roberts likely to be the 1, which equals lots of bench time for the Pog.

Quite wild indeed, Sig isn't coming here so shouldn't hinder. Rumours would lead us to believe we are keen on Rhodes. Is Roberts in the plans to be up top with Pogrebnyak or Rhodes etc. Who knows? Sounds like the knee issue is the one. Though it was mentioned waiting for visa and some other papers. What are those papers I wonder?

1333 posts