SIGNED - Pavel Pogrebnyak

1333 posts
Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RUMOUR - Pavel Pogrebnyak

by Friday's Legacy » 26 Jun 2012 21:04

Dare to Dr£am
CholseyRoyal @Kebeism: #readingfc to confirm signing of Pavel Pogrebnyak tomorrow. Visa has come through and papers ratified. @JonnyFordham @ReadingFC #fulhamfc

Just seen this on Twitter from Jambo on #ReadingFC, take it or leave it.

Leave it. Visa isn't through yet.

The club are hopeful of it coming through this week, so don't rule that out.

themadstad

by themadstad » 26 Jun 2012 21:06

It's not too long a process, well it can be but I'd guess the club have gone through the express service? At least that existed before the changes were made from HSMP and WP to tier 1 and 2 etc.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 26 Jun 2012 21:32

Libertine
TheLawnMowerMan
Libertine I am really and sincerely hoping to be proven wrong and will gladly eat crow if proven wrong.

Is that an East Coast or a West Coast dish?

:lol:

There are local variations to it. Even tho I am east coast, I prefer the west coast version...a bit more zesty when it's seasoned with hot peppers.

Everything tastes better with hot peppers (or what we call chillies) even Crow Pie (or what we call Humble Pie).
Don't worry in anycase - nobody on HNA? has ever eaten either, with or without flavour.

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 26 Jun 2012 21:37

As NH has specifically mentioned this player and a deal being close, I fully expect this to go through this week. If it turns out the deal has fallen through then I'd be fairly worried of our ability to attract the quality of player we need.

Don't get me wrong, the Pog is a big name player, with good ability and would be a great signing for us, but for the deal to get so close and then fail, I'd start to think 'What more can we do?'

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 26 Jun 2012 21:43

Groundhog Day. TSI Blah blah blah. Chill the fcuk people. If it happens it happens!

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 26 Jun 2012 21:46

Friday's Legacy
Dare to Dr£am
CholseyRoyal @Kebeism: #readingfc to confirm signing of Pavel Pogrebnyak tomorrow. Visa has come through and papers ratified. @JonnyFordham @ReadingFC #fulhamfc

Just seen this on Twitter from Jambo on #ReadingFC, take it or leave it.

Leave it. Visa isn't through yet.

The club are hopeful of it coming through this week, so don't rule that out.

How did Fulham get round the work permit issue when they signed him on loan on last day of transfer window. I understood that was a last minute deal....

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 26 Jun 2012 21:55

I don't know, but it will have been a short-term visa. Perhaps they are easier to get through.

Pog's visa came through this afternoon. Hopefully announced before the end of the week then, unless there are any other things to tie up..

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 26 Jun 2012 21:58

UKBA work to different timescales during the season. Different priorities.

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 26 Jun 2012 22:14

Friday's Legacy I don't know, but it will have been a short-term visa. Perhaps they are easier to get through.

Pog's visa came through this afternoon. Hopefully announced before the end of the week then, unless there are any other things to tie up..

Surely reading will announce that first thing tomorrow UNLESS there are other things to tie up. Its not as though we signed him 3 days before Xmas but waiting for Xmas day (unless present is wrapped in new reading shirt!). Seriously though if work permit through and no outstanding issues then I can't see why we delay. If reading do delay then visa a smokescreen. Common sense...

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Jun 2012 22:23

Friday's Legacy I don't know, but it will have been a short-term visa. Perhaps they are easier to get through.

FL if you had to give this deal a % in terms of it happening what would it be?

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Jun 2012 22:25

I don't have any contacts at Reading, but do at another prem league club. There is something very, very odd with this deal. And not just the big signing on fee. It leaves me feeling very uneasy.

Blakey's Right Peg

by Blakey's Right Peg » 26 Jun 2012 22:27

Yorkshire Royal I don't have any contacts at Reading, but do at another prem league club. There is something very, very odd with this deal. And not just the big signing on fee. It leaves me feeling very uneasy.

Care to elaborate?

akranes
Hob Nob Regular

by akranes » 26 Jun 2012 22:30

Blakey's Right Peg
Yorkshire Royal I don't have any contacts at Reading, but do at another prem league club. There is something very, very odd with this deal. And not just the big signing on fee. It leaves me feeling very uneasy.

Care to elaborate?

X Files, Russian Mafia?

GSY-Royal

by GSY-Royal » 26 Jun 2012 22:31

Are we offering him unlimited access to Mrs Zingarevich?

Only one Trevor Morley

by Only one Trevor Morley » 26 Jun 2012 22:31

would those be Fulham contacts

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Jun 2012 22:32

Blakey's Right Peg

Care to elaborate?

Will try and find out a bit more tomorrow, as I didn't find out much more than that. Only that there are some odd parts to the deal.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 26 Jun 2012 22:33

Only one Trevor Morley

would those be Fulham contacts

Nope.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 26 Jun 2012 22:34

All the Vodka he can drink while on the subs bench?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Jun 2012 22:36

Yorkshire Royal
Blakey's Right Peg

Care to elaborate?

Will try and find out a bit more tomorrow, as I didn't find out much more than that. Only that there are some odd parts to the deal.

A free Reading shirt with the Premier League badge + 500 loyalty points on his member card.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Jun 2012 22:37

Yorkshire Royal
Blakey's Right Peg

Care to elaborate?

Lolwut. So your contact told you there were some 'odd' parts to the deal and left it at that?

1333 posts