Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

1019 posts
harryroyal

Re: Jason Roberts...Do you sometimes find him annoying?!

by harryroyal » 12 Oct 2012 22:10

I like the fella and he's a good pundit but i just find it annoying how he always brings everything back to race. The sort of us and you mentality he seems to have.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 12 Oct 2012 23:05

No Fixed Abode He's going off on one again, on Twitter.

He really is a complete douchebag. He won't be happy until there is black supremacy in the game.

He should shut up, sort his performances out on the pitch and concentrate more on his coaching career, instead of wasting time on twitter.

Good point. You like your black men to provide falsified alibis for white racists.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 12 Oct 2012 23:12

harryroyal I like the fella and he's a good pundit but i just find it annoying how he always brings everything back to race. The sort of us and you mentality he seems to have.

I'm inclined to agree with this actually. He only seems to wade into debates when they are race related. He does seem to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it. I assume he got a lot of shit when he was younger.

Not quite the same thing but whenever Lenny Henry used to do a comedy set it was always about 'black men do this & black women do that'. I never saw him deliver a set just based on normal every day situations that race has no bearing on. White comedians for example don't go on about their white wife does this & that - it's not part of the equation.

Anyway I digress...sometimes JR should shut his cakehole IMO.... (although I like him most of the time & he is generally a positive role model for the club).

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 13 Oct 2012 00:05

SLAMMED Firstly, fuck off newbie.

Secondly, if Roberts enjoys working in the media why shouldn't he do it? He doesn't have many years left of his playing career left so if he wants a job in media when he retires he may as well have something set up before he goes.

This is attitude problem at its worst! Someone comes along who signed up more recently than you, and for some unknown, strange status reason, they get told to 'fuuckoff newbie'. What is the problem with these people? do you see your seniority diminishing? well slammed, i have been a member longer than you, so you know what i want to say to you!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Oct 2012 00:15

Racism is probably the hottest topic in British football at the moment (The England captain has just been up in court about it, Suarez etc) If I was a Black footballer who had the outlet I'd be doing exactly the same.

comeonyouroyals

by comeonyouroyals » 13 Oct 2012 00:31

OldBiscuit

Secondly, if Roberts enjoys working in the media why shouldn't he do it? He doesn't have many years left of his playing career left so if he wants a job in media when he retires he may as well have something set up before he goes.

This is attitude problem at its worst! Someone comes along who signed up more recently than you, and for some unknown, strange status reason, they get told to 'fuuckoff newbie'. What is the problem with these people? do you see your seniority diminishing? well slammed, i have been a member longer than you, so you know what i want to say to you!

Bahaha have to love it when a Newbie goes off on one

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Oct 2012 01:16

Ideal
Stuboo I like Jason Roberts as a player and as a person. Don't like comments like this though:

Jason Roberts‏@JasonRoberts30

So many are concerned about "reverse racism" Haha...yea..when the numbers in media, admin, coaching etc stack up we will discuss that...

What a load of rubbish, anyone who's good at their job and acts a professional will get a job, simple as that.
If you're shit at your job, or keep committing crimes, nobody's going to hire you.
Nile Ranger, arrested more often than he scores goals. Pretty much self explanatory why he won't be going into management, same goes for Collymore.
As for examples of shit black managers, see Gullit, Barnes, Ince. They all had their chances and blew it.

Breivik - Saying it again won't make people a) believe you b) Give a fuck

PBR

by PBR » 13 Oct 2012 09:06

i find him irritating .. up there with claridge, spoony and alan green

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 13 Oct 2012 09:35

OldBiscuit

Take no notice like me,if your not in the HNA clique you always be an outsider,usually ignored.Its like a boys school with Flashman and his little mates running it.Be on here for a hundred years and you might be accepted.Still a good site though if you can put up with them

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 13 Oct 2012 10:44

OldBiscuit

Calm down love

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 13 Oct 2012 11:58

OldBiscuit

its just a traditional friendly welcome
dont take it so seriously

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 13 Oct 2012 12:28

Hi Ideal :D

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Oct 2012 12:36

MmmMonsterMunch
harryroyal I like the fella and he's a good pundit but i just find it annoying how he always brings everything back to race. The sort of us and you mentality he seems to have.

I'm inclined to agree with this actually. He only seems to wade into debates when they are race related. He does seem to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder about it. I assume he got a lot of shit when he was younger.

Not quite the same thing but whenever Lenny Henry used to do a comedy set it was always about 'black men do this & black women do that'. I never saw him deliver a set just based on normal every day situations that race has no bearing on. White comedians for example don't go on about their white wife does this & that - it's not part of the equation.

Anyway I digress...sometimes JR should shut his cakehole IMO.... (although I like him most of the time & he is generally a positive role model for the club).

OMG! Lenny Henry used to tell (still tells) jokes about and against the culture he knew and understood best. So of course he would go on about things like afro-caribbean mums who would immediately clip their sons around the ear the moment they stepped out of line. Is there really much difference between that and someone like Peter Kay telling jokes about his family, people from Bolton etc?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 13 Oct 2012 12:40

Ideal
Stuboo I like Jason Roberts as a player and as a person. Don't like comments like this though:

Jason Roberts‏@JasonRoberts30

So many are concerned about "reverse racism" Haha...yea..when the numbers in media, admin, coaching etc stack up we will discuss that...

What a load of rubbish, anyone who's good at their job and acts a professional will get a job, simple as that.

Unfortunately that is still not true (although the position is much better than it used to be.

How many black CEOs do you see? Is the lack of numbers really down to the fact that there aren't enough black people who are good at their job, act professionally etc? !

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 13 Oct 2012 12:50

Wouldnt be quite so bad if he was right but his argument about lack of opportunity afford to black coaches etc is bollox.
Only 3% of the population of this country is black/mixed race so what does he expect?
Please Robbo, shut up, and concentrate on your football until you actually retire.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 13 Oct 2012 12:56

If Jason Roberts wants a world of equality for the sake of equality, may I be the first to suggest he packs his bags and farks off to South Africa.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 13 Oct 2012 13:53

loyalroyaldaz Wouldnt be quite so bad if he was right but his argument about lack of opportunity afford to black coaches etc is bollox.
Only 3% of the population of this country is black/mixed race so what does he expect?
Please Robbo, shut up, and concentrate on your football until you actually retire.

But what percentage of active players are British black?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Oct 2012 14:09

Archie's penalty
loyalroyaldaz Wouldnt be quite so bad if he was right but his argument about lack of opportunity afford to black coaches etc is bollox.

But what percentage of active players are British black?

Active players now is irrelevant. Active players 10 - 20 years ago would be. And it should be focused more on active home country based players.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 13 Oct 2012 14:12

Well approx 25% of players across the leagues are black so im guessing at least 3% of them are British therefore yet again what is the problem?

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 13 Oct 2012 15:55

I just feel that Roberts and other players like the Ferdinands go OTT on the race issue. Most people are on their side, but their "burn them at the stake" reaction because someone said some admittedly bad words, is a massive turn off for me. Not only that, it's kind of insulting to hear them cry football in the UK has a massive race problem, when it clearly hasn't. They would get a far more receptive hearing if they moderated their language and behaviour IMO.

1019 posts