Lawro's Predictions

418 posts
royalsteve

Re: Lawro's Predictions

by royalsteve » 31 Jan 2013 09:50

RoyalBlue
UpThePrem Think Lawro must be ill this week. He's predicting a draw against Chelsea. Is he beginning to like us??

He got it right again!

i know nice one, lawro maybe i dont hate him anymore. he seems to have changed his tune since the madstad visit v wet sham

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 02 Feb 2013 20:14

Ian Royal
SydenhamRoyal
Ian Royal I certainly hope so, I would dearly love to post a loaf and a fish to Mr Lawrenson C/O MOTD.

The same thought had occurred ...

I imagine someone may try and organise something at a more appropriate time should we get lucky.

It's looking like a distinct possibility now ... :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Feb 2013 22:05

royalsteve
RoyalBlue
UpThePrem Think Lawro must be ill this week. He's predicting a draw against Chelsea. Is he beginning to like us??

He got it right again!

i know nice one, lawro maybe i dont hate him anymore. he seems to have changed his tune since the madstad visit v wet sham

Mind you at 1-1 with less than 10 minutes to go I was beginning to hate him again today!

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Feb 2013 11:12

Surprised no one has mentioned Lawro's recent embarrassing defeat to Thunderlips.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4791813/Hulk-Hogan-beats-Mark-Lawrenson-on-Football-Focus.html

anR

by anR » 17 Feb 2013 13:24

sandman Surprised no one has mentioned Lawro's recent embarrassing defeat to Thunderlips.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4791813/Hulk-Hogan-beats-Mark-Lawrenson-on-Football-Focus.html

What's the TNA?

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 22 Feb 2013 08:40

Lawton has us down for a 2 - 1 defeat.

Not many here seem to rate our chances of winning :cry:

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 22 Feb 2013 09:07

"Reading v Wigan

Reading have been on a good run, in fact, a very, very good run. They've won four of their last seven in the league.
Wigan have been in this position many times before. I'll say that the Latics will edge this one.
Whenever you think they aren't playing well and go away expecting to be beaten, they surprise you.
I'm banking on them this weekend. They're also coming into this match on the back of an impressive 4-1 win away to Huddersfield in the FA Cup. Manager Roberto Martinez had made changes to starting XI, which makes that victory all the more impressive.
Were Wigan unsettled earlier this season when there were rumours Martinez was set to leave? No.
And in all fairness, chairman Dave Whelan didn't stand in his way. If Liverpool came calling then what else could the Spaniard have done in that situation?
Lawro's prediction: 1-2"

Is it just me or is half of what Lawro's written here make no sense and/or is irrelevant.
He starts by saying that we're on a good run and then doesn't acknowledge us again.
He then says he fancies wigan because they beat a championship team :|
And then rambles on about Martinez for no reason.

He is seriously clueless, he could at least right something that makes some bloody sense to explain why he thinks we're going to lose at home to bloody Wigan!

BKRoyale

by BKRoyale » 22 Feb 2013 09:25

Lovely hot donuts! he could at least right something that makes some bloody sense

Yep...he could....sorry!

Lovely hot donuts!
Location: Lower Earley and/or Birmingham. Feckless student. Twitter: @RussellLParker

by Lovely hot donuts! » 22 Feb 2013 09:33

BKRoyale
Lovely hot donuts! he could at least right something that makes some bloody sense

Yep...he could....sorry!

Well obviously I meant write, but then you knew that. And this is the internet, there are bigger mistakes on the internet.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 22 Feb 2013 10:38

The Alan Shearer school of analysis 'I think that they'll be thinking.....

.....got a big win that will give them confidence
.....got a battering they've got a point to prove

Waste of time.

madstadblues

by madstadblues » 22 Feb 2013 15:01

ML "I'm banking on them this weekend. They're also coming into this match on the back of an impressive 4-1 win away to Huddersfield in the FA Cup." - (Didn't Huddersfield get spanked 6-1 after this by Forest ?) - Hardly impressive beating a team 21st in Championship. Anyway that's probably put the mockers on a result for us :cry: - I'll get my coat.

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 22 Feb 2013 15:07

This year he has been pretty solid with our results, but I agree - this week he sounds like a clueless clown.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 23 Feb 2013 13:28

Mike Hunt This year he has been pretty solid with our results, but I agree - he is a clueless clown.

fixed.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 23 Feb 2013 20:19

:o

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 25 Feb 2013 05:00

Mike Hunt This year he has been pretty solid with our results, but I agree - this week he sounds like a clueless clown.

:lol:

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 14 Mar 2013 22:02

I don't understand what Reading's Russian owner Anton Zingarevich is trying to do by sacking Brian McDermott at this stage of the season. Does he really think somebody new is going to come in and kickstart them and get them enough points, because I don't see that happening.

Reading's next manager?

"Paolo di Canio, Roberto di Matteo and Gus Poyet have been linked with the vacant Reading job. If Di Matteo fancies it, then yes, he would fit. But I don't really see why Poyet would leave Brighton because they could be in the Premier League next season and pass Reading on their way down.

"And the thing about having Di Canio as your manager is that there would be great days and absolutely nightmare days. It would all end in tears too, and the end could come after three days or 300."

They might get a couple of decent results to begin with but the bottom line is something that I have been saying all season and that is there is not enough quality in the Royals' squad.

The fact that they have still been competitive, and the spirit in the squad that was obvious from some of their results a few weeks ago, is largely down to McDermott and his coaching staff who have also departed.

But depending on who he appoints next, we will find out more about what Zingarevich is after and whether he wants to be in the newspapers every day. It will be interesting to find out.

Caretaker manager Eamonn Dolan will be in charge at Old Trafford, which is not exactly what you would call an easy start for him.

United have been licking their wounds after a bad week by their standards, going out of the Champions League and then hanging on for a draw against Chelsea in the FA Cup.

But I cannot see Reading denying United three points and denting the lead they have at the top of the table.

If things were closer, then Robin van Persie's loss of form would be more crucial but the reality is that it has not made a difference to United domestically.

Lawro's prediction: 3-0

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 19 Apr 2013 00:23

Reading manager Nigel Adkins won't admit it, but I'm sure he's already started looking at players who can do a job for him in the Championship next year.
With what he's got you wouldn't fancy them to come back up at the first time of asking.

:|

You mean, a squad that won that league last season??!

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 19 Apr 2013 01:28

TBM
Reading manager Nigel Adkins won't admit it, but I'm sure he's already started looking at players who can do a job for him in the Championship next year.
With what he's got you wouldn't fancy them to come back up at the first time of asking.

He's a clueless C U N T and I oxf*rd detest him.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 19 Apr 2013 06:41

Royal91
TBM

He's a clueless C U N T and I oxf*rd detest him.

TBF, he has a point as NA looks to change the style of play and he wants to see who in the squad is capable of stepping up to the mark. Other than that, why bother getting stressed by what he says.

Jude the Obscure

by Jude the Obscure » 19 Apr 2013 22:00

He's a clueless C U N T and I oxf*rd detest him.[/quote]

For those of us who don't have the grievances and language skills that you obviously have, who are you talking about here? The other hobnobber? Nigel Adkins? Why get so angry?

418 posts