418 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Lawro's Predictions

by RoyalBlue » 30 Nov 2012 15:37

grey_squirrel v. Man U

Reading probably looked at this fixture a few weeks ago and were hoping for Manchester United to have a massive Champions League game next week. As it is, United are already through as group winners and they will be totally focused on this game.

So the Royals, who beat Everton in their last home game, will be up against Sir Alex Ferguson's strongest team, with a young United side likely to face CFR Cluj on Wednesday.

Because of that, I see this as a pretty straightforward United win. I just don't think Reading have got the quality needed to trouble them, although I said the same the other week about Norwich and look how well they played.

The difference with the Royals, however, is that I cannot see a matchwinner when I look through their side. Brian McDermott has plenty of willing workers in his side, but they lack inspiration.

Ferguson, meanwhile, has started to get competition for places back in defence, where he has a choice of Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones at the moment.

As with Manchester City, United have not really played well this season but, along with their neighbours, they are still pulling away at the top of the table.

Prediction: 0-2

Think he lets us off quite lightly with that. And so, so correct about lacking inspiration. In fact not only within themselves but from the management at present. In fact his description of players could also fit the manager - a very willing worker but lacking in inspiration.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 30 Nov 2012 22:49

RoyalBlue
grey_squirrel v. Man U

Reading probably looked at this fixture a few weeks ago and were hoping for Manchester United to have a massive Champions League game next week. As it is, United are already through as group winners and they will be totally focused on this game.

So the Royals, who beat Everton in their last home game, will be up against Sir Alex Ferguson's strongest team, with a young United side likely to face CFR Cluj on Wednesday.

Because of that, I see this as a pretty straightforward United win. I just don't think Reading have got the quality needed to trouble them, although I said the same the other week about Norwich and look how well they played.

The difference with the Royals, however, is that I cannot see a matchwinner when I look through their side. Brian McDermott has plenty of willing workers in his side, but they lack inspiration.

Ferguson, meanwhile, has started to get competition for places back in defence, where he has a choice of Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones at the moment.

As with Manchester City, United have not really played well this season but, along with their neighbours, they are still pulling away at the top of the table.

Prediction: 0-2

Think he lets us off quite lightly with that. And so, so correct about lacking inspiration. In fact not only within themselves but from the management at present. In fact his description of players could also fit the manager - a very willing worker but lacking in inspiration.

He clearly has no idea just HOW shit we are

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Lawro was right all along!

by NR_Royal » 17 Dec 2012 20:54

Remember how Lawro spent every weekend criticising our shit team and we all laughed at him, defending ourselves?

He was oxf*rd right. :lol:

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 29 Dec 2012 00:11

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 29 Dec 2012 09:45

Yes, but he can't really say why and leaves it as "a bit of an upset".

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 29 Dec 2012 09:49

Arnie_Pie http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20790042

He thinks we will fcukin win. :shock:

If we go out with the same intention as we did in the second half against Swansea then I think we can pull it off. However, play like we did in the first half and let them come at us then we're asking for trouble. It's all damage limitation from here on in anyway.

He still managed to have a swipe at us as usual though with regards to the transfer window. Unfortunately this time I agree with him, what quality player who has any sense will come to us in January?

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Lawro was right all along!

by Big Ern » 29 Dec 2012 17:18

NR_Royal Remember how Lawro spent every weekend criticising our shit team and we all laughed at him, defending ourselves?

Agree.

Lawro says "reading going to lose" HNA says " what a totalanduttercunt"

Lawro says "Reading going to win" HNA says "he knows his stuff does Lawro"

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 29 Dec 2012 18:01

Lawro doesn't know his stuff, even when he calls a result correctly which a monkey with a pin can do. The BBC employ him to make Shearer and Hansen appear wise in comparison.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 31 Dec 2012 19:13

Predicted a 2-0 loss, which is probably about right... Although he seems to have forgotten that Bale is suspended.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 31 Dec 2012 19:43

#wadanabsoluteshitcunt

THFC6061

by THFC6061 » 31 Dec 2012 21:43

M-U-R-T-Y Predicted a 2-0 loss, which is probably about right... Although he seems to have forgotten that Bale is suspended.

If you're interested in seeing how Lawro's predictions have panned-out for the season, I've been keeping track for several years now...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2012-13.html

...he's a tad off with QPR though.

The Royal

by The Royal » 31 Dec 2012 21:45

THFC6061
M-U-R-T-Y Predicted a 2-0 loss, which is probably about right... Although he seems to have forgotten that Bale is suspended.

If you're interested in seeing how Lawro's predictions have panned-out for the season, I've been keeping track for several years now...

I always read his predictions, have done for as long as I can remember, he is generally quite accurate

Stuboo

by Stuboo » 31 Dec 2012 23:14

Lawro doesn't know his stuff, is an A grade twat and frankly, sticking up for him in any way whatsoever seems insulting, twattish and just plain wrong.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 31 Dec 2012 23:17

THFC6061

And Norwich.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Lawro was right all along!

by Rex » 01 Jan 2013 07:14

Big Ern
NR_Royal Remember how Lawro spent every weekend criticising our shit team and we all laughed at him, defending ourselves?

Agree.

Lawro says "reading going to lose" HNA says " what a totalanduttercunt"

Lawro says "Reading going to win" HNA says "he knows his stuff does Lawro"

#Waitingforhishashtag

Born 'n Bred Royal

by Born 'n Bred Royal » 01 Jan 2013 09:35

'The Royals are going to have to try to suppress Gareth Bale, Aaron Lennon, Emmanuel Adebayor and Jermain Defoe and, defensively, I don't think they are capable of doing that.'

Well his knowledge of football is clearly not good enough as Gareth Bale is suspended. I expect more of a supposedly 'top' football pundit.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jan 2013 12:09

The Royal
THFC6061

I always read his predictions, have done for as long as I can remember, he is generally quite accurate

It really ain't hard to regularly get about half the PL results right and the odd scoreline bang on.

eleventh earl of mar

by eleventh earl of mar » 01 Jan 2013 12:29

Ian Royal It really ain't hard to regularly get about half the PL results right and the odd scoreline bang on.

I guess you win a fair amount then?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Jan 2013 12:34

eleventh earl of mar
Ian Royal It really ain't hard to regularly get about half the PL results right and the odd scoreline bang on.

I guess you win a fair amount then?

I very rarely bet. And for it to be worth bothering you'd have to stake quite a lot each week over the 10 games for it to be really worth it.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 01 Jan 2013 12:34

Stuboo Lawro doesn't know his stuff, is an A grade twat and frankly, sticking up for him in any way whatsoever seems insulting, twattish and just plain wrong.

This could be because this board is full to overflowing with A grade twats who would never concede that the likes of Lawrenson have forgotten more about this game than they will ever know.

Insulting :P Priceless. Lawro will be bricking it :roll:
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 01 Jan 2013 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

418 posts