Lawro's Predictions

418 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Lawro's Predictions

by Royal Ginger » 01 Jan 2013 13:02

First time Lawro has even given us a sniff of a chance of not getting relegated.

"If they can do something in the January transfer window to increase their quality then they will have a fighting chance of avoiding relegation."

eleventh earl of mar

by eleventh earl of mar » 01 Jan 2013 13:37

Ian Royal
eleventh earl of mar
Ian Royal It really ain't hard to regularly get about half the PL results right and the odd scoreline bang on.

I guess you win a fair amount then?

I very rarely bet. And for it to be worth bothering you'd have to stake quite a lot each week over the 10 games for it to be really worth it.

Maybe you should bet more then as you said its not hard and so you should make a profit regardless of how much you stake.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 02 Jan 2013 09:51

Stuboo Lawro doesn't know his stuff

In fairness - his initial comments were right but for the wrong reasons, but now we've played 20 PL games hes actually right.

He also has predicted almost every result correctly I think, apart from Newcastle at home.

If you had bet on his Reading predicitions, you'd be a rich man!

NR_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by NR_Royal » 09 Jan 2013 16:28

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 09 Jan 2013 16:45

Z175 If you had bet on his Reading predicitions, you'd be a rich man!

Most weeks he predicts Reading to lose. The odds on Reading losing are always short. You'd need to bet an awful lot to be a "rich man" by betting against Reading........

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jan 2013 17:22

eleventh earl of mar
Ian Royal
eleventh earl of mar
I guess you win a fair amount then?

I very rarely bet. And for it to be worth bothering you'd have to stake quite a lot each week over the 10 games for it to be really worth it.

Maybe you should bet more then as you said its not hard and so you should make a profit regardless of how much you stake.

I said it's not hard to get about half the PL results right and the odd scoreline bang on. That's not a recipie for making guaranteed money at the bookies. Assuming you put money on all 10 results and ignored the actual scorelines, you'd have to get an average of odds of 2/1 just to break even with your half the results right. I'm fairly confident the bookies have seen through this obvious money making scheme and adjusted their odds on different games accordingly. For example, Chelsea 2/5 for a home victory against Swansea. Not going to get you far is it.

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 09 Jan 2013 17:37

You have to remember there are 3 possible outcomes. The odds on some of these games would have been fairly decent- such as West Ham home, QPR away, Southampton, Wigan, Sunderland, Villa away. Of course you wont win much betting on our defeats to United, Arsenal, Spurs...

But either way, we are the team hes best at predicting! Of course the Reading and Everton thing is no coincidence, he tips us both to lose week in week out, its just that Everton don't.... Actually we've only lost slightly more than half our games, so he's been made some excellent calls on where we did pick up points, QPR away, West Ham home, Fulham home, and where we would lose, Southampton, Sunderland, Villa etc

Hes up to 80% now, which frankly is astonishing!

Ian Royal it's not hard to get about half the PL results right and the odd scoreline bang on

I guarantee you if you did an analysis of every prediction thread by poster you would no one who is on 80%!
Last edited by Z175 on 09 Jan 2013 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 09 Jan 2013 17:39

Reading fans = murked.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 10 Jan 2013 20:21

Lawro providing superb analysis for the west brom match!

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 10 Jan 2013 21:57

NR_Royal

This is slightly misleading. He may have staked £2080 but he would only require a bank of £200 (+ variance) to return £208 in a year. 100% tax free returns would be fecking incredible

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 10 Jan 2013 22:09

creative_username_1
NR_Royal

This is slightly misleading. He may have staked £2080 but he would only require a bank of £200 (+ variance) to return £208 in a year. 100% tax free returns would be fecking incredible

Requoting for the lolz

But even on the 2k, a return of over 8% is decent (and the risk is minimal given Lawro's insight)

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 10 Jan 2013 22:12

RFCSPACE
creative_username_1
NR_Royal

Requoting for the lolz

But even on the 2k, a return of over 8% is decent (and the risk is minimal given Lawro's insight)

'greed about the lolz

but dont get this sentence But even on the 2k, a return of over 8% is decent (and the risk is minimal given Lawro's insight)

t

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 11 Jan 2013 10:18

Reading v West Brom
I know Reading beat West Ham over Christmas, and won at Crawley in the FA Cup, but wins have generally been in short supply for Brian McDermott's side.

West Brom have fizzled out a bit after such a great start but there is still plenty for them to play for in Steve Clarke's first season as manager - a top-half finish and the prize money that goes with it for starters.

I think this will be a close game and one that Reading might just nick, although they still have a lot of ground to make up at the bottom of the table.

Lawro's prediction: 2-1

THE SAGE HAS SPOKEN!

RFCSPACE

by RFCSPACE » 11 Jan 2013 10:46

creative_username_1
RFCSPACE
creative_username_1

Requoting for the lolz

'greed about the lolz

but dont get this sentence But even on the 2k, a return of over 8% is decent (and the risk is minimal given Lawro's insight)

t

If you left £2,080 rotting in a bank account, coming out with £2,256 over a season/year would be tidy. Not going to happen though, but thankfully Lawro's predictions are as secure as a bank deposit. Quids in.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 12 Jan 2013 13:57

He's predicted 2-1 home win today 8)

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 17 Jan 2013 21:55

Random selection by chickens returns 477% better than any pundits

stickywhisky

by stickywhisky » 18 Jan 2013 09:47

He's gone 2-0 Newcastle this week, bit harsh in my opinion - I think it will be closer than that:

This is a crucial couple of weeks for Newcastle because, after this game against Reading, they go to another team who are below them, Aston Villa.

They clearly need to address their slide and, although they did not manage to bring in Marseille striker Loic Remy, they clearly know they need to replace Demba Ba following his sale, and they could end up signing two or three players before the end of the month.

Yohan Cabaye returned from a two-month injury absence when he came off the bench against Norwich last week
Despite their poor form, I still think Newcastle will end up finishing the season really strongly.

They have lots of quality in their team, but have had lots of injuries too - Yohan Cabaye should be fit to start on Saturday, though, and once other key players like Hatem Ben Arfa return to fitness, I think they will be fine.

They do need to sort the situation with Fabricio Coloccini out quickly, though. He has asked to leave for personal reasons but the compromise might be for him to stay until the summer, and then reassess the situation.

Reading pulled off a fantastic comeback to beat West Brom last week, and you just know they will keep chipping away.

I don't think anyone questioned the spirit or commitment of Brian McDermott's squad, or the way they are coached or organised as a team - the question was always about the quality.

It will be a real test for them to go to St James' Park and get a positive and I am confident the Magpies have turned the corner now following their draw at Norwich last weekend.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Jan 2013 10:20

Ian Royal Assuming you put money on all 10 results and ignored the actual scorelines, you'd have to get an average of odds of 2/1 just to break even with your half the results right.

Happy to be proved wrong* but you'd only need your 5 correct predictions to average evens (assuming level stake) to break even wouldn't you?

*although I'd always back myself against Ian's "knowledge"

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 18 Jan 2013 11:20

Silver Fox
Ian Royal Assuming you put money on all 10 results and ignored the actual scorelines, you'd have to get an average of odds of 2/1 just to break even with your half the results right.

Happy to be proved wrong* but you'd only need your 5 correct predictions to average evens (assuming level stake) to break even wouldn't you?

*although I'd always back myself against Ian's "knowledge"

Correct. Evens (1/1) pays you what you put on. 2/1 pays you twice what you placed.

EDIT: OBVIOUSLY.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 18 Jan 2013 11:24

stop quoting the same pcunting picture

418 posts