9%
Other
3%

Total votes: 584
melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Three To Go Down

by melonhead » 31 Jul 2012 15:01

Extended-Phenotype Since when have Reading ever had a ‘stronger player’ in any position? Brian doesn’t give a F/CK about football, it’s about gettin’ a good group of guys together. One’s good at making sound FX, another is like really nerdy, one is super fat, one was like raised by Vietnamese Pigs, another has AIDS and only has 1 season to live, another is a girl dressed as a guy, one is a paedophile who just needs a chance, and one is really strong and doesn’t speak but at the end of the season when Reading win the league after AIDS guy scores the winning goal, he like yelled ‘MAN ON’ or something. Anyway, Reading are about the team, so who cares if Guthrie is a reject, he can make cool sound FX.

:lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 31 Jul 2012 15:17

Extended-Phenotype at the end of the season when Reading win the league after AIDS guy scores the winning goal

Leigertwood has AIDS? Must have missed this on the club Twitter feed :o

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 31 Jul 2012 22:04

Hadn't really thought of us as relegation material until getting back from holiday last week and reading both this and the bookies making us favourites.
I always feel that promoted clubs often get it wrong by buying attacking players rather than defenders and unless they buy a couple more defenders I think Saints will struggle.
West Ham aren't ever as good as they think they are and they are bringing in quite a few foreign unknowns who may turn out to be Faes rather than Tiotes.
Our signings look reasonable for a side making a serious challenge for The Championship rather than 4th bottom in the Premier League but there are big questions about our defence in all areas IMHO and I would like to see a Scott Danns or a Turner at centre-back.
The Russian is unproven and Roberts (despite a very good few months with us) wasn't good enough for relegated Blackburn and may now be too old.
Our wingers will once again be key and I am glad to see McLeary who I think will take the place of either Jobi or Jimmy rather than be a back-up.
The likes of Church,Robson-Kanu and ,unless fully-fit, Hunt may not be up to the mark either.
I would like to see another striker instead of them,maybe a Rhodes or Doyle but please not Shane Long-we don't want to go backwards and resort to chasing lost causes football.

I would love to know what Brian's first choice eleven will be and if we will still play with 2 wingers etc.
Will go to my first friendly in years on Saturday because of so many new players and because it is 10 minutes away and from here on in presumably Brian will be looking to send out a side not too far removed from our Prem. starting team.

Relegation?
West Ham,Saints and one other,keeping everything crossed that it isn't us.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Aug 2012 07:22

Victor Meldrew Hadn't really thought of us as relegation material until getting back from holiday last week and reading both this and the bookies making us favourites.
I always feel that promoted clubs often get it wrong by buying attacking players rather than defenders and unless they buy a couple more defenders I think Saints will struggle.
West Ham aren't ever as good as they think they are and they are bringing in quite a few foreign unknowns who may turn out to be Faes rather than Tiotes.
Our signings look reasonable for a side making a serious challenge for The Championship rather than 4th bottom in the Premier League but there are big questions about our defence in all areas IMHO and I would like to see a Scott Danns or a Turner at centre-back.
The Russian is unproven and Roberts (despite a very good few months with us) wasn't good enough for relegated Blackburn and may now be too old.
Our wingers will once again be key and I am glad to see McLeary who I think will take the place of either Jobi or Jimmy rather than be a back-up.
The likes of Church,Robson-Kanu and ,unless fully-fit, Hunt may not be up to the mark either.
I would like to see another striker instead of them,maybe a Rhodes or Doyle but please not Shane Long-we don't want to go backwards and resort to chasing lost causes football.
I would love to know what Brian's first choice eleven will be and if we will still play with 2 wingers etc.
Will go to my first friendly in years on Saturday because of so many new players and because it is 10 minutes away and from here on in presumably Brian will be looking to send out a side not too far removed from our Prem. starting team.

Relegation?

The only strange thing about your bit here is that you're happy to get Doyle (Olympic lost cause chaser who's had a pretty poor time recently) but not Long :shock:
Seems a little strange logic to me

Isaac Hunt

by Isaac Hunt » 01 Aug 2012 12:57

Victor Meldrew ......there are big questions about our defence in all areas IMHO.....

Exactly my feelings too. We MUST surely be looking at at least 1 more CB. Season long loan? If not, it's difficult to see us not being in /around the bottom 3.

I do hope that i'm wrong.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 01 Aug 2012 13:05

Love how on other boards "we've only brought strikers" "too weak" "haven't thought about our defence"

Shorey, Gunter and Mariappa must all be illusions! :D

Keep everything quiet.. I love it!!

WBA
Swansea
Wigan

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Aug 2012 13:57

Franchise FC
Victor Meldrew Hadn't really thought of us as relegation material until getting back from holiday last week and reading both this and the bookies making us favourites.

Relegation?

The only strange thing about your bit here is that you're happy to get Doyle (Olympic lost cause chaser who's had a pretty poor time recently) but not Long :shock:
Seems a little strange logic to me

Better all-round footballer IMHO.

loyalroyalsam

by loyalroyalsam » 01 Aug 2012 16:27

West Brom, Stoke, Wigan

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 08 Aug 2012 12:09

Us
Stoke
Saints.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 08 Aug 2012 12:52

no chance of Stoke going down

Norwich
Swansea
Saints

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 08 Aug 2012 13:16

WBA Swansea Saints

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 08 Aug 2012 13:19

reading WILL NOT go down. If we have a shite first half to the season, we will just buy a oxf*rd load of players in january! EASY EASY EASY

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 08 Aug 2012 13:24

pearcetom reading WILL NOT go down. If we have a shite first half to the season, we will just buy a oxf*rd load of players in january! EASY EASY EASY

Everything that's wrong with football, neatly distilled into one short sentence.

mathematically_safe
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: keeping wicket for the quakers in my joy division oven gloves

by mathematically_safe » 08 Aug 2012 13:41

Alexander Litvinenko
pearcetom reading WILL NOT go down. If we have a shite first half to the season, we will just buy a oxf*rd load of players in january! EASY EASY EASY

Everything that's wrong with football, neatly distilled into one short sentence.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 08 Aug 2012 13:51

Wigan, Norwich and Swansea

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 08 Aug 2012 13:51

Hes watching

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 08 Aug 2012 14:52

:|

pearcetom

by pearcetom » 08 Aug 2012 14:55

Alexander Litvinenko

dont particually agree with it but that's the reality!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Aug 2012 16:59

Tell that to all the clubs who've spent big mid season to stay up and still gone down.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 08 Aug 2012 17:56

pearcetom
Alexander Litvinenko

dont particually agree with it but that's the reality!

If it was only one club doing it maybe - but if you have 4 clubs or more with the same mentality than at least one of them is going to come horribly unstuck.

281 posts