Adam le Fondre - proving many wrong

145 posts
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Adam le Fondre - proving many wrong

by RoyalBlue » 17 Nov 2012 18:01

Great performance in the second half but he owed that to the team and fans after his appalling miss in the first half. At the very least he should have hit the defender who had got back on the line, not fired wide of the near post!

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 17 Nov 2012 18:01

Still only 1 goal from open play. Better game from him today, but still a lot to prove at this level.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 17 Nov 2012 18:05

Played ok second half, fucked up two great chances when played in by Roberts though.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 17 Nov 2012 18:13

Big Ern Still only 1 goal from open play. Better game from him today, but still a lot to prove at this level.

They've all got a lot to prove at this level, but his performance today was superb. Down the right he caused numerous problems, and had he had a run in the side before today, he maywell have helped himself to a hat-trick. He is far more effective than Hunt, and works well off Roberts.

CayeneMatt

by CayeneMatt » 17 Nov 2012 19:29

Friday's Legacy
Big Ern Still only 1 goal from open play. Better game from him today, but still a lot to prove at this level.

They've all got a lot to prove at this level, but his performance today was superb. Down the right he caused numerous problems, and had he had a run in the side before today, he maywell have helped himself to a hat-trick. He is far more effective than Hunt, and works well off Roberts.

Agree. Once Roberts woke up and got in to the game, I thought it worked well with Alf. I like Hunt but I have to agree with you.

Alf should've done better when put clean through by Roberts, though it was a great tackle by Jagielka tbf......

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 17 Nov 2012 19:33

I love Alfie. I am probably biased but sometimes you know....they just have 'it' whatever 'it' is. And he does.

Must start next weekend. Would like to see Alfie / Pog up top but harsh on Roberts who did well today.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Nov 2012 21:53

FOr me, the best thing about him is he doesn't seem to care who he is playing against. He has no respect for reputation and he believes in his own ability completely. He'd play exactly the same against Crewe defenders as he would against Manchester City defenders.

He'll always just keep trying to control the ball, work space and take chances. He won't hide and he won't start playing safe because it isn't going well.

The Royal

by The Royal » 17 Nov 2012 22:00

Ian Royal FOr me, the best thing about him is he doesn't seem to care who he is playing against. He has no respect for reputation and he believes in his own ability completely. He'd play exactly the same against Crewe defenders as he would against Manchester City defenders.

He'll always just keep trying to control the ball, work space and take chances. He won't hide and he won't start playing safe because it isn't going well.

Summed him up there, he just gets on with his game regardless who it's against. Also he can play with any of the other strikers in my opinion, all thought yet to see him with pog, but I'm sure he be exactly the same.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 17 Nov 2012 22:03

If he stops pointing to his name after scoring a penalty I might give him a chance. Until then I'll think he's a bit of a pcunt.

The Royal

by The Royal » 17 Nov 2012 22:10

Fair play to him I say. Was a lot of pressure on him with the penalty

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Nov 2012 08:41

Formidable performance by the man.

I have to say I was surprised. Despite his superhero antics that got us promotion last season, I always considered him some sort of a supersub who couldn't start games and who Certainly couldn't start it he Prem.

Yesterday shattered all of that. He started, he scored and he had the balls to take the penalty and then score it for our first win and against a massive side at that.

Cool, calm, doesn't care who he's playing against.

I think he SHOULD point to the back of his shirt when he scores. We need to give the lad sme respect.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Nov 2012 08:44

Let's not talk about a certain Mr Zero who scored less than that in open play for far longer in the season despite starting every game....

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 18 Nov 2012 13:27

Glenville did well yesterday but has a long way to go in terms of proving he is good enough for the top division

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Nov 2012 15:34

, He is far more effective than Hunt and works well off Roberts.

that sir is pushing it.

nhunt does more throughout the game imo, alf is a better finisher
both about level for me(currently)

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 19 Nov 2012 08:43

I was ranting the whole way home last week that we should be playing Hunt and Alf the other way round.

Hunt does so much work off the ball, holding the ball winning headers etc etc it would be better for him to come on and see out games. If you want to bring a striker on late on Hunt is the best one to do that job.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Nov 2012 09:30

You mean Hunt is a poor man's Church?

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 19 Nov 2012 09:34

Hunt and ALF play too different roles on the pitch. Hunt is there to be nuisance (he admitted as much on twitter) wearing down defenders, winning flick ons and creating opportunities for other players. That is obviously not ALF. They're not like for like so shouldn't be compared as such. Both have roles to play in this team and squad.

bennno

by bennno » 19 Nov 2012 09:34

If he had got the first one against Everton then there would be loads on here raving about him.....

Headed goal pretty decent, penalty went in but if keeper went that way suspect he would have had it.

teignmouth hoops

by teignmouth hoops » 19 Nov 2012 10:12

Nice to see so much love for the first Reading player to score two goals in a game this season, and for the first Reading player to give us a win. He and Hunty are different players both have their plusses and minuses and both do a great job for us. The great thing about Alf is he plays the percentage game he knows given x amount of chances he will convert some, yes he did miss the chance in the first but boy he made up for it in the second

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Nov 2012 12:58

teignmouth hoops Nice to see so much love for the first Reading player to score two goals in a game this season, and for the first Reading player to give us a win. He and Hunty are different players both have their plusses and minuses and both do a great job for us. The great thing about Alf is he plays the percentage game he knows given x amount of chances he will convert some, yes he did miss the chance in the first but boy he made up for it in the second

We were, however, lucky that Everton didn't go on and put the game out of our reach after his dreadful first miss. All of our players have to learn to become more clinical when presented with opportunities at this level.

145 posts